Page 230 of 571 FirstFirst ... 130180220228229230231232240280330 ... LastLast
Results 4,581 to 4,600 of 11407

Thread: PC Bargains

Just played about an hour of Binary Domain and I have to recommend it very much! Haven't had so much fun in an action game for a long long time.
    And the writing's good too!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Goddamn I've been recommending Binary Domain since it came out. Hopefully the Amazon sale will encourage some new people to buy the game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    How are the KB & mouse controls for Binary Domain? I can't play FPS/TPS games with a controller.

Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    How are the KB & mouse controls for Binary Domain? I can't play FPS/TPS games with a controller.
    Last I heard horrific mouse acceleration with a "dead zone" like the controller.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alset85 View Post
    Last I heard horrific mouse acceleration with a "dead zone" like the controller.
    Ugh, well that's a no-go then.

I'm playing it with KB+M and it's OK. There is some acceleration but it doesn't get in the way, at least for me.
    It's definitely not horrific, I stopped noticing it after a few minutes, although YMMV.

Same as the above, you get used to it in no time. I'm playing with mouse and keyboard (as I always do, should get a controler someday) and I'm loving the game so far. ^^

Hey everybody I bought Binary Domain, glad to see many purchases up in here for it. Great game, ignore the Rock Paper Shotgun review for once. It really is fucking good. Controls are fine, just find a comfortable mouse sensitivity setting and you are set, or use the 360 controller.

After a late gaming night for me Binary Domain's definitely a sleeper hit. It's an honest action game with a lot going for it.

Definitely recommended and now I'm going to play on and shut up about it already. :)

Man, with all the folks out here buying it we'll need to organize some online matches! It seems to be dead unfortunately.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I tried the Binary Domain demo on 360 and found it just a bit bewildering (any game which attempts to put dialog onto AI sidekicks tends to grate with me - as do games with waist-high walls every 20 ft).

Sounds like it's worth a peek from comments here (and as it's cheap!?)

Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    I'll admit I was using the RPS Binary Domain WIT as an excuse to ignore this game but the above comments have me intrigued.

So...Steam download is a go.

If graphics are not important why spend so much on a GPU?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Winged Nazgul View Post
    I'll admit I was using the RPS Binary Domain WIT as an excuse to ignore this game but the above comments have me intrigued.

So...Steam download is a go.
    Can't vouch for the PC version but I hugely enjoyed the PS3 version, it had some great boss battles, enemy designs, characters and mechanics. It was in some aspects a better Mass Effect 3 in my opinion.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    For those who are considering putting out money for T:A, this seems to be a good contender for Steam's starter pack: http://impulsedriven.com/tribesascen...eml_i070512_13

Includes the standard 800 gold and VIP status, but also unlocks all classes, gives 30 days of xp boost, unlocks spinfusor and thumper (for soldier and technician I assume), mines and a few perks.

Quote Originally Posted by postinternetsyndrome View Post
    For those who are considering putting out money for T:A, this seems to be a good contender for Steam's starter pack: http://impulsedriven.com/tribesascen...eml_i070512_13

Includes the standard 800 gold and VIP status, but also unlocks all classes, gives 30 days of xp boost, unlocks spinfusor and thumper (for soldier and technician I assume), mines and a few perks.
    That's a pretty amazing deal when you look at the item prices.

Wargame: European Escalation just got a second free DLC set and is half price ($20) on Steam through Monday. Great game, good price, and it's very well supported by the developers.

Rock Paper Stalin thread

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    I tried the Binary Domain demo on 360 and found it just a bit bewildering (any game which attempts to put dialog onto AI sidekicks tends to grate with me - as do games with waist-high walls every 20 ft).

Sounds like it's worth a peek from comments here (and as it's cheap!?)
    So I revisited the 360 demo and quickly remember what I'd hated about it. It may just be the demo in some places but...

First-up - the camera is nightmarish - third-person REALLY close to yourself (so you are basically 1/3rd of everything you can see) - wtf!??

Then there's the sheer aimlessness of the demo - things happen and you might need to get involved with them - or not - you may lose the will to live before it's over, even, it's NOT Vanquish, that's the sure.

The demo is clearly poorly setup - the first thing you find is a shop but you have no money - that's GREAT planning that is!!

I think I'd just stick with Vanquish - not much use to PC gamers but a fucking amazing experience anywhere you can get it.

Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    So I revisited the 360 demo and quickly remember what I'd hated about it. It may just be the demo in some places but...

First-up - the camera is nightmarish - third-person REALLY close to yourself (so you are basically 1/3rd of everything you can see) - wtf!??

Then there's the sheer aimlessness of the demo - things happen and you might need to get involved with them - or not - you may lose the will to live before it's over, even, it's NOT Vanquish, that's the sure.

The demo is clearly poorly setup - the first thing you find is a shop but you have no money - that's GREAT planning that is!!

I think I'd just stick with Vanquish - not much use to PC gamers but a fucking amazing experience anywhere you can get it.
    Vanquish is a great game, but the money/machine complaint in the demo seems nitpickish to me. As for the camera, FOV can be changed on the PC version.

Activated Node
    I am enjoying Binary Domain. Also quite surprised by how much I dig the storyline, while it may be well worn territory in SF literature, it has been good so far.