Page 231 of 594 FirstFirst ... 131181221229230231232233241281331 ... LastLast
Results 4,601 to 4,620 of 11866

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    The Amazon sale ruined me. I bought Spec Ops, Binary Domain, Alice and the big Paradox collection. 60 dollars for all. I'm waiting for the 10 dollars NFS: The Run deal to go live.

Site-wide 25% discount on GMG using the code: 25OFF-ALLTH-EGAME
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

There are some really good deals with that. Endless Space, Duke Nukem for under 3 quid, Sleeping Dogs for peanuts, Crusader Kings DLC...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by TaroYamada View Post
    Vanquish is a great game, but the money/machine complaint in the demo seems nitpickish to me. As for the camera, FOV can be changed on the PC version.
    It's an example of how the demo is simply a chunk of the game and not in ANY way trying to sell the game to you or teach you how it works.

I ended-up in a situation I hate in a game - they've built-you-up to an encounter with something big and scary and your teammates are yelling in your ear but you've no idea what you're supposed to be doing and the 'big and scary' enemy is nothing like that as you wander around looking for whatever 'event' is supposed to be happening - easily avoiding damage, 4th wall wide open - tension lost - patience leaking away...

Some demos work well and show the game off to it's best - some actively feel like they just fenced off a random bit of the game and couldn't be arsed to introduce how stuff works - this is the latter by some margin.

p.s. Vanquish's real selling point is the way you can move and the way the camera works with that - this is the polar opposite really, clumsy camera, clumsy movement.

Right now, there's the result of the last battle of the games on GOG with Torchlight reasonably discounted, and - understandably having won - The second Riddick game Assault on Dark Athena for something like less than 5€. The important thing is, like everything on GOG it is DRM-free, and I don't think Athena was available without terrible TAGES DRM before.

Is Assault on Dark Athena any good? From what I understand it includes the quite highly praised predecessor, but excludes multiplayer, which doesn't bother me, though.

Yes it is brilliant. Imagine Dues Ex without Praxis and you would be close.
    If graphics are not important why spend so much on a GPU?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by elephant god View Post
    Is Assault on Dark Athena any good? From what I understand it includes the quite highly praised predecessor, but excludes multiplayer, which doesn't bother me, though.
    It's very stealth-based, and very linear. That's not to say it isn't good or that you won't enjoy it, it's just something to know.

Network Hub
    Green Man Gaming is having a 25% off sale on everything they have.

Use this code 25OFF-ALLTH-EGAME

Referral link. Once you spend 2$ we both get 2$ in store credit. (Switch $ to whatever your local currency is)

Quote Originally Posted by motherpuncher View Post
    I am enjoying Binary Domain. Also quite surprised by how much I dig the storyline, while it may be well worn territory in SF literature, it has been good so far.
    I know, the writing is rather good even if not entirely original. I am not too surprised though because Toshihiro Nagoshi and Team Yakuza at Sega also make the Yakuza games for PS3 which are also pretty well written with fully fleshed out scripts. Also good news for Sega on this flop, albeit far too late now that they are moving away from big AAA experiences, the game reached #1 on amazon, and is still the best selling game on the site (not counting 1 pre order above it now, but not before). 2nd place is Shogun II's Fall of the Samurai expansion which is on sale for $7.49, Virtua Tennis 4 for $5 isn't charting too high, but it's also kind of hidden in these deals.

Anyways Amazon's rep. Tony confirmed the game is crushing his projections and the sales have surprised Amazon.
    Last edited by TaroYamada; 06-07-2012 at 09:38 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node squareking's Avatar
    Hope that sale lasts just a bit longer. Being between checks sucks. :/
    steam

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wengart View Post
    Green Man Gaming is having a 25% off sale on everything they have.

Use this code 25OFF-ALLTH-EGAME

Referral link. Once you spend 2$ we both get 2$ in store credit. (Switch $ to whatever your local currency is)
    Non Ref link... because its good manners
    http://www.greenmangaming.com

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBlaszczak
    We are planning a sale sometime this summer. Hope that helps!

edit: the following is stolen from bundle thread.

Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    The daily bundles for the Summer sale have been uploaded on the Steam registry.

Day 1: The Baconing (BM2), EDGE (HIB), Anomaly Warzone Earth (HIBfA1), Cave Story+ (HIBIV), Lone Survivor (HIBV).
    Day 2: Universe Sandbox, E.Y.E, Oil Rush, Botanicula (HIBBot), Splice
    Day 3: Braid (HIBs), Bit Trip Beat, Runespell Overture (IR3), Bunch of Heroes (IGII), Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
    Day 4: Atom Zombie Smasher (HIBIII), Sanctum (IR1), Blocks that Matter (HIBVox), Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP (HIBV), A Valley Without Wind
    Day 5: Audio Surf, Greed Corp (IGII), Gemini Rue (IR1), Tiny Bang Story, Ys: The Oath in Felghana
    Day 6: Defcon (HIBIntrov), Awesome, Space Chem (HIBFS), Trauma (HIBFS, IGVI), Ticket to Ride
    Day 7: Zombie Driver, Dungeons of Dredmor (HIBIntrov), Vessel, Avadon (HIBfA1), QUBE
    Day 8 Bundle: Wings of Prey, Hoard (IRVal), Swords and Soldiers HD (HIBfA2), Demolition Inc, Sol Exodus
    Day 9: Zeno Clash (IRVal), VVVVVV (HIBIII), Revenge of the Titans (HIBII), Jamestown (HIBIV), Capsized
    Day 10: Machinarium (HIBs), Eufloria(IR3), Beat Hazard (BM2 & IGV), Bit trip Runner (HIBIV), All Zombies Must Die
    Day 11: World of Goo (HIBs), Star Ruler, Hydrophobia, Orion: Dino Beatdown, Waveform

The games marked in bold have not been in an indie bundle to the best of my memory. For the others, I've listed the bundle(s) they were in.

PS: I may have forgot to say that HIB now has an account feature much like that of IndieRoyale.
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 06-07-2012 at 10:28 PM.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Hmm, if bundled games are out of the running to be solo daily deals (and I assume they are) then that's kind of disappointing. I was thinking about picking up Dredmor and Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet, but don't really want any of the other crap that's bundled with them.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    Hmm, if bundled games are out of the running to be solo daily deals (and I assume they are) then that's kind of disappointing. I was thinking about picking up Dredmor and Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet, but don't really want any of the other crap that's bundled with them.
    I'm sure they'll be discounted in some way - the thing with the bundles is that almost everyone will own some (in my case MOST) of the game there - and so there's no incentive to pick-up the rest.

We'll have to see but there are few possible bundles left I'd want to buy (unless they were scandalously cheap).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Not a single bundle without games I already have. They should've done a "Bundle Bundle" and put all previously bundled games in there. Oh well, not like I have money for games anyways.

Obscure Node
    Street Fighter x Tekken for 14.95.

http://www.thegamecollection.net/str...pc-p-7423.html

Looks like a GTA sale is brewing up on GamersGate this week. GG is really slow with the starts of their sales though, and because all the last week's sales still seem to be up it looks like a mess... but GTA sale it seems to be.

Legend of Grimrock is $7.49 for the next 2 days on GoG.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    How are the KB & mouse controls for Binary Domain? I can't play FPS/TPS games with a controller.
    It emulates a controller stick... that's how bad it is.
    Turn 'aiming' speed way way WAY down, or the acceleration will kick in (which is still very much there after the patch that is supposed to change it) or the aiming will be unbearable.

Despite that horrible flaw it's still by far the best third person shooter since probably ever and the story makes the game worth it too.

I was ready to hate on this game for being a shitty console port (which it is) but I still enjoyed it a lot.
    Game deserved to bomb for doing such a piss poor job on the controls though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mana_Garmr View Post
    Legend of Grimrock is $7.49 for the next 2 days on GoG.
    Being the last person on Earth not having played Grimrock I just saw this
    http://www.grimrock.net/2012/06/27/d...or-sneak-peek/

And bought immediately.
    Thank you for the heads up.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Need for Speed: The Run for 10 dollars on Amazon. Activates on Origin.

I liked the console demo so I'm buying it.