Page 233 of 569 FirstFirst ... 133183223231232233234235243283333 ... LastLast
Results 4,641 to 4,660 of 11378

Thread: PC Bargains

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    You know what that sounds like but to an 8-year-old it's just a noise...
    Implying you don't have kids.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by makute View Post
    Implying you don't have kids.
    I don't have your kids - that's about all it implies...

Activated Node
    I've been eying up the "Storming, Burning, Reflecting, Flaming, Sabotaging Pack" from Amazon. Does anyone have any recommendations? I have never played any of the games included. I feel like I will at least enjoy Burnout and Bulletstorm but I'm unsure about The Saboteur, Mirror's Edge, and Mercenaries.

What do you guys think? The pack is located here: http://www.amazon.com/Storming-Burni...ref=pd_cp_vg_0 unless anyone else is interested in it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Bulletstorm, Mirror's Edge, and The Saboteur are great.

Burnout is pretty good.

Mercenaries is broken, from what I hear.

I say worth it for Bulletstorm, Mirror's Edge and Saboteur for $5 a pop and Burnout as a bonus.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    For that price, that is an amazing deal and you should buy it right now.

Burnout alone is fantastic value for money with all the free stuff they added, Bulletstorm is a shooter that is cleverer than it makes out initially, The Saboteur is a fun and interesting if wonkily executed open world game where you're an Irish person and Mirrors Edge is a great game as has been mentioned numerous times here. Looks amazing still too. Mercenaries 2 is probably the weakest of the lot, it's weak in a lot of ways but still probably worth giving a bash seeing as you're getting it with those other games.

Obscure Node
    In case anyone is curious, Gamefly has Gotham City Impostors on sale for $3.75 right now. About to pick that up and give it a go for that price.

**EDIT**
    Be warned, it is a Games for Windows Live game. Found this out after buying it, should have done some research first other than some quick review reading. Well, I can probably get my $3.75 worth anyway.
    Last edited by Krovlar; 11-07-2012 at 03:23 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Green Man Gaming are having a Winter Sale - starting with a free game for all members, Hacker Evolution (I think it's a Steam Code but their website is hammered right now so I can't confirm that yet).

You also get a 20% off everything voucher - I'd suggest Guild Wars 2 was a good use for that but GMG only offer the 'rather astonishingly expensive' version of that atm!?

p.s. Hacker Evolution is a (no trade-in value) download through Capsule only...
    Last edited by trjp; 11-07-2012 at 03:19 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    'rather astonishingly expensive'
    wasn't the regular pre-order sold out?

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by CrinnyCow View Post
    I've been eying up the "Storming, Burning, Reflecting, Flaming, Sabotaging Pack" from Amazon.
    Total Individual Price: $47.48
    Bundle Price: $89.95
    wot :O

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfenswan View Post
    wasn't the regular pre-order sold out?
    The whole situation re: Guild Wars 2 and it's comedy 'pre order' and 'pre purchase' stuff is all a load of cobblers.

Asking for 50 for a game (even if it proves as good as GW was) is mildly laughable - asking 65 for a version with a few digital freebies is even funnier and justifying all of that on the back of playing a beta and getting a couple of days of early access is a hoot.

I maintain than people who've spent this money have paid to play a beta and nothing more - the game will be available, at launch, for WAY less money than most places are asking now - they're simply 'farming' the desperados who simply MUST play it NOW (see also people who donate to Path of Exile and indeed, those who "pre purchased" SWTOR).

I'm not suggesting games companies shouldn't do this - I like the idea of berks funding my entertainment!! - I'm just highlighting that you don't have to fall for it :)

Activated Node
    I don't have your kids - that's about all it implies...
    Good point. How old are yours? My son is 2 and half years old, and for my experience with him and my many nephews and nieces (ranging from 5 to 13 years old), I can't but agree with Sir Ken Robinson: kids are geniuses. Somehow, knowledge manages to get into their brains, no matter our efforts to counter that.

We try to give our son a healthy and realistic education, the human body is as it's, there is no need to hide it behind an iron courtain (we even share the tub ocassionally). Obviously, we don't show him the "other functions" of certain organs, but when he sees a romantic scene at TV, he giggles, and that I-know-something-funny-is-happening expression crosses his face.

All in all, I agree with Heliocentric in keeping some things away from kids. If only to save yourself from the embarrasing "bees and flowers" conversation until the right time.

The whole situation re: Guild Wars 2 and it's comedy 'pre order' and 'pre purchase' stuff is all a load of cobblers.

Asking for 50 for a game (even if it proves as good as GW was) is mildly laughable - asking 65 for a version with a few digital freebies is even funnier and justifying all of that on the back of playing a beta and getting a couple of days of early access is a hoot.

I maintain than people who've spent this money have paid to play a beta and nothing more - the game will be available, at launch, for WAY less money than most places are asking now - they're simply 'farming' the desperados who simply MUST play it NOW (see also people who donate to Path of Exile and indeed, those who "pre purchased" SWTOR).

I'm not suggesting games companies shouldn't do this - I like the idea of berks funding my entertainment!! - I'm just highlighting that you don't have to fall for it :)
    ehum.. I paid 35 for it :)

Activated Node
    Good point. How old are yours? My son is 2 and half years old, and for my experience with him and my many nephews and nieces (ranging from 5 to 13 years old), I can't but agree with Sir Ken Robinson: kids are geniuses. Somehow, knowledge manages to get into their brains, no matter our efforts to counter that.

We try to give our son a healthy and realistic education, the human body is as it's, there is no need to hide it behind an iron courtain (we even share the tub ocassionally). Obviously, we don't show him the "other functions" of certain organs, but when he sees a romantic scene at TV, he giggles, and that I-know-something-funny-is-happening expression crosses his face.

All in all, I agree with Heliocentric in keeping some things away from kids. If only to save yourself from the embarrasing "bees and flowers" conversation until the right time.
    erm ... it's 29.30 @ Coolshop https://www.coolshop.co.uk/catalog/p...uild_wars_2_pc

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I wasn't actually suggesting not telling kids about sex (or telling them or anything else really) - I was simply highlighting that with games which blow-up/run-down/vaporize/shoot/stab/bludgeon people/animals/aliens/toilets to death on a pretty regular basis, singling out a game for 'groaning noises' is slightly bizarre.

Also - the birds and the bees conversation is deadly simple and should be had as early as your kids are remotely interested (or even if they're not!) - it's not the 50s anymore, people need to stop being shy or coy about something that pretty much everyone does and which if you don't tell them, their 'friends' will (and that's likely to be less well done, frankly).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    A number of people seem to be upset with CoolShop over GW2 as they seem to change their mind almost hourly about what it is you're buying. They've sold - at various times - versions of the game which come with the 'beta' code and early access and versions which don't - and they've decided that they're out-of-stock and refunded people one day only to relist the game the next.

I thought on that basis alone they were worth avoiding - as I said, I'm pretty sure the 30-35 pricerange will be jam-full of boxes of GW2 nearer to launch (or shortly after which is when anyone with sense leaps into online gaming!!)

Network Hub
    Asking for 50 for a game (even if it proves as good as GW was) is mildly laughable
    It seems like a fair price for AAA MMO game with no monthly fees to me..

Also Sniper Elite V2 for that kind of money? Well, I wasn't expecting that but I am glad that my Summer sales are starting one-day earlier :)

Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    Any clue how long the offer'll last?

Activated Node
    ...with games which blow-up/run-down/vaporize/shoot/stab/bludgeon people/animals/aliens/toilets to death on a pretty regular basis, singling out a game for 'groaning noises' is slightly bizarre.

...people need to stop being shy or coy about something that pretty much everyone does...
    I agree with you, but every person cultural background is diferent; luckily, sex will be more natural and less "dirty" for our kids, but until then, even open-minded people will have some kind of restrain, in special older ones.

I'll tell you an anecdote about videogame/TV violence and kids: Usually, we watch TV and play videogames with our son (he loves playing PvsZ and Jurassic Park: OG), and he never get scared of monsters, fights, and generally speaking, things above his recomended age rating (in before you blame me as a bad father, I always keep a finger on the TV remote, ready to censor disturbing scenes). The only two things that scared him so far was a specially nasty brawl in The Sopranos and the frigging eyeless dolls in the Night Terror Doctor Who episode, but only in the scene where one the characters turns into one and starts screaming asking for help. However, he watched me play L4D, Space Marine (and it's endless streams of gibs and blood), M&B Warband, and other unappropiate games and TV shows and (as far as I can tell) never had an issue, like nightmares or nocturnal terrors.

As I said previously, kids are very smart, and they can tell apart between pretended and real violence very successfully. My son only got disturbed when the violence seems to be very real, or enters the realm of "psichological violence". But when sex is involved things gets complicated.

You didn't answered yet, do you have kids, how old are they?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    You didn't answered yet, do you have kids, how old are they?
    I'm not going down that route because it's no-win corner and not really relevant - all kids are different and my point was purely that sex being worse than death is a perverse position to be in and not his kids > my kids < your kids or whatever.

Parenting is hard - it's hard because there are no rules, no guidelines and it's always different, every day, every kid, every situation.

I just find the whole (mostly UK-based) aversion to sex a bit bizarre (and unhealthy) and so I picked-up on that one point (if you'd brought up feeding your kids crap food, I'd have added a soapbox, otherwise I'd have ignored them entirely) :)

It may even be because I remember ALL too clearly when I explained to someone's 11-year-old (that they'd saddled me with for many, many hours) how to get your money back from prostitutes in GTA, the reaction of his parents wasn't nice (despite their having bought the game for him knowing it's content!!) - and I think I need revenge for that :)