Page 234 of 594 FirstFirst ... 134184224232233234235236244284334 ... LastLast
Results 4,661 to 4,680 of 11865

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    It may even be because I remember ALL too clearly when I explained to someone's 11-year-old (that they'd saddled me with for many, many hours) how to get your money back from prostitutes in GTA, the reaction of his parents wasn't nice (despite their having bought the game for him knowing it's content!!) - and I think I need revenge for that :)
    Oh totally, those people deserve what's coming to them in terms of being judged, but despite not sharing a moral framework with you we both agree that parents need to take responsibility for what their kids play, play it first when possible and when its not at least watch them play it early on and read on the net a little. Its such a shame www.whattheyplay.com(the link is to the wiki page)was bought out and killed. As it was a great resource.

Me and my partner are both gamers and we both discuss games suitability, DK2 lost out mainly because of the language used in the game. Weaponisation of torture and the mistresses being 2 key issues. Yes, you could say we are massive hypocrites for allowing him to play games with violence but even those are chosen with thought, and not without some filtering.

For example, I would never let him play a single player shooter which depicts a war as the good guys and the bad guys, or where you single handedly wipe out hundreds of soldiers. But skirmishes in company of heroes were totally on the menu. There are other things which I wouldn't allow him to play too but its not like I have a list of rules written down, so it is rather subjective. I'm not one of those parents I guess I'm trying to say.
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 11-07-2012 at 09:31 PM.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    For laughs I just have to say here that I was just talking to someone who will not have anything remotely related to guns in their house for fear of harming their children.

Who are 7 months and 23 months respectively...

Please let's return the thread to PC Bargains. You can create a new thread for this interesting discussion.

Splinter Cell Conviction (PC DVD) - 0.99 from the UK Amazon
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Splinter-Cel...dp/B0050B0RKW/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Revisor View Post
    Please let's return the thread to PC Bargains. You can create a new thread for this interesting discussion.

That's one massive deal there, I got my copy for 5 bucks from the Ubisoft store.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    That's one massive deal there, I got my copy for 5 bucks from the Ubisoft store.
    Yes I highly recommend this game to anyone, except people that took it really personally when rainbow six turned into a covershooter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar
    Didn't that one have the always-online UbiDRM?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Yes I highly recommend this game to anyone, except people that took it really personally when rainbow six turned into a covershooter.
    If you liked the movie Taken ( 2008 ) you will like Splintercell: Conviction. ;p

You can play it offline as well.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar

Do it. Conviction is one of my favourite games ever

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    If you can stand the UPlay shenanigans - it's a great game at a great price - but you are going to be attaching your internal organs to Ubisofts monitor apparatus...

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    I'm not going down that route because it's no-win corner and not really relevant - all kids are different and my point was purely that sex being worse than death is a perverse position to be in and not his kids > my kids < your kids or whatever.
    I asked just out of curiosity, I'm not trying to run a parenthood contest here.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Yes, you could say we are massive hypocrites for allowing him to play games with violence but even those are chosen with thought, and not without some filtering.

For example, I would never let him play a single player shooter which depicts a war as the good guys and the bad guys, or where you single handedly wipe out hundreds of soldiers.
    At the end it's all about ethics, the rest is just aesthetics.

And we should stop derailing the topic now.

Or Yunno, just use its offline mode,
    @makute
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 12-07-2012 at 03:25 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    It doesn't seem to want to ship to Sweden. :(

The Steam Summer Sale started as predicted.

From today's deals (prices for the EU region):
    Legend of Grimrock - 4,39€ (highly recommended if you haven't played it yet)
    Crusader Kings 2 - 9,99€
    Portal 2 - 3,79€ (I didn't like it but obviously I'm the only one in the world and for that price who cares)

There is also a poll to vote for shorter flash deals:
    The Witcher 2, -60%
    Sainst Row 3, -75%
    and Batman: Arkham City, -66%
    Last edited by Revisor; 12-07-2012 at 06:27 PM.

Network Hub
    Would be the weekend I am going camping in Devon. Oh well I am sure I will be able to keep an eye on the sales.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Little GOG indie sale:

Gemini Rue for $4.99
    DEFCON for $4.99
    Multiwinia for $4.99
    Uplink for $2.99

I've heard Gemini Rue is downright non-irritating for an adventure game. As someone who's nearly sworn off the genre due to stupid puzzles I'd be curious to hear opinions.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    If you dig the setting (urban squalor sci-fi) and the retro-style, go for it.

The Steam Summer Sale started as predicted.

From today's deals (prices for the EU region):
    Legend of Grimrock - 4,39€ (highly recommended if you haven't played it yet)
    Crusader Kings 2 - 9,99€
    Portal 2 - 3,79€ (I didn't like it but obviously I'm the only one in the world and for that price who cares)

There is also a poll to vote for shorter flash deals:
    The Witcher 2, -60%
    Sainst Row 3, -75%
    and Batman: Arkham City, -66%
    The Steam page is actually down right now, I never experienced this before. HNNNGHH.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    Little GOG indie sale:

Gemini Rue for $4.99
    DEFCON for $4.99
    Multiwinia for $4.99
    Uplink for $2.99

I've heard Gemini Rue is downright non-irritating for an adventure game. As someone who's nearly sworn off the genre due to stupid puzzles I'd be curious to hear opinions.
    Don't think I used a walkthrough once and I generally check one as soon as a puzzle gets in the way of the story, the combat is a bit silly but I don't think it gave me any trouble either.

Blades of Time + DLC - 8,74€
    A Russian take on 3D anime action. Anyone played it?