Page 238 of 589 FirstFirst ... 138188228236237238239240248288338 ... LastLast
Results 4,741 to 4,760 of 11772

Thread: PC Bargains

Ooook, just installed and loaded up. Well maybe I am in the wrong on this occasion. Once up put in your licence key they then ask quite intrusive mandatory questions, they also have barrer ads in-game (on the opening screen anyway). By the look of it control pad controls are forced on. Good graphical options though and the game does look good. Just that really miffed me I had to pretty much give them my whole identity to play their game.

Quote Originally Posted by Leopig View Post
    they then ask quite intrusive mandatory questions
    I am curious what kind of questions they could even justify asking? Surely the fact that you bought the game and can prove it with you licence key is sufficient?

name, full postal address including post/zip code, email address, phone number, Date of birth, gender and they take a snapshot of your hardware.

For what it is worth I am fully enjoying the game though, although still on the prologue it seem very well optimised and the story is interesting (where as i misted over almost the whole of The Witcher).

Lesser Hivemind Node
    What? That's outrageous.

Thats what I thought. An email address should suffice.

Banned
    Is it better than Oblivion? How does it compare to Gothic 3?

Never played Gothic 3. I prefer it to Oblivion, but then I never really like Oblivion although i did like Skyrim. Having only just started I can't comment how open the world it, but the graphics are nice and you can swap between classes instantly apparently. Combat is similar to Skyrims, and from what I read there is about 70 hours of main quest (although most games claim such things like Skyrims apparent 200 hours of gameplay).

This is the video that convinced me to buy and as of yet I do not regret it.

Banned
    how's the world and how are the quests? And can you switch to first person view?

Only quests I have done so far are of the tutorial type, and no I don't think you can switch to first person. Or if you can I haven't seen how to yet. The world looks very nice and the way it has been set so far has been linear and reminds me of Fable/Dragon age. It may well open up later on though.

It opens up quite a lot, but not as much as Elder Scrolls games. I don't know how you make the combat seem like skyrim, since it's nothing like that. Well you do hit things with swords, but, you know.
    Twitter! Occasional impressions on random sim games.

Ok it is not very much like, but same principle where you equip up to 2 spells and attack with them rather than something like say WoW were you have all your spells availabkle at one time. Also the Archery is similar to Skyrim and the melee is one button to block and one to attack.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Two Worlds 2 has a few appealing features, starting with the world itself. The two main islands you explore are fantasy Africa and fantasy China, which was a great change of pace from the typical fantasy England. Another great feature is the magic system, which lets you create your own spells by finding cards in the world. You adjust the target type, the effect, the intensity, stuff like that. And then you're summoning crazy scorpion monsters or shooting anvils at people. The quests are also pretty good. A couple memorable ones was a huge quest that had me diving into a number pitch-black labyrinths, where my torch was the only source of light, and one where an umbrella-seller's merchandise had become possessed and I had to put down the freaky demonic umbrellas. Another good feature was the crafting system, which used base components to upgrade any weapon you wanted. This meant every item you find has a use, as you can break them down to their components for use upgrading your primary weapon.

The world is open geographically, although divided into islands you have to do in order (you can go back after you leave one), but there isn't the structure that Skyrim has--no formal guild membership and progression, for example. But there are a lot of side quests and exploration can be rewarding. If you are down with the Euro jankiness of it all (also seen in Risen, for example), then it's a nice big RPG adventure.

Ooh. That Amazon deal for Combined Ops is better than what either Steam or Bohemia were offering previously, at least for me as a European. If Steam manages to top them (bottom them?) then I'm probably going to buy it.

Steam has a Super MNC bundle with 6 pros, a 5-match 500% CC boost, and some misc bits for $3.75. The Tribes: Ascend starter for $5 is also very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobtree View Post
    Steam has a Super MNC bundle with 6 pros, a 5-match 500% CC boost, and some misc bits for $3.75. The Tribes: Ascend starter for $5 is also very good.
    Is there a pack that stops the queues from taking longer than the games? Fucking game.

Lesser Hivemind Node squareking's Avatar
    UFO Aftermath is free today on GMG.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/e...ufo-aftermath/
    steam

Quote Originally Posted by squareking View Post

Is it possible to increase the resolution for this game?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Wow, I have $7 in GMG trade-in credit without ever having spent a penny. At this rate, if I keep hoarding free games I have no interest in, I'll be able to buy something I actually want in 5 years!

Network Hub AlonePlusEasyTarget's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    Wow, I have $7 in GMG trade-in credit without ever having spent a penny. At this rate, if I keep hoarding free games I have no interest in, I'll be able to buy something I actually want in 5 years!
    I just did that when I got The Last Remnant for free from GMG. It was $8.99, $7.20 after 20% off voucher is applied. Then I traded in Disciples II and Reign: Conflict of Nations to get it for free.
    7:03 AM - Alone + Easy Target: sscscccccacescsqaqdsqsqqsqqqeeeeeeeeeeeseesqecccee eeeedsssssssssqeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeq
    7:03 AM - The Player of Games: Play by email, FPS edition

Steam|Last.FM

Lesser Hivemind Node TailSwallower's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by squareking View Post

It's almost getting to the point where I should just leave the annoying Capsule downloader/installer installed on my computer.
    weekendwarrio.rs - We've got more games than time...