Page 239 of 602 FirstFirst ... 139189229237238239240241249289339 ... LastLast
Results 4,761 to 4,780 of 12040

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    Wow, I have $7 in GMG trade-in credit without ever having spent a penny. At this rate, if I keep hoarding free games I have no interest in, I'll be able to buy something I actually want in 5 years!
    I get that you are being sarcastic but have legitimately bought 3 whole games with free store credit from green man gaming.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Well, it's not exactly like I'm going to play Tower Bloxx: Deluxe. One day it'll all be worth it.

Network Hub
    GMG Store credit is great. Around the time Red Orchestra 2 and Deus Ex: Human Revolution came out I netted about $350 in store credit.

Used it to buy Deus Ex: HR, Red Orchestra 2, The Witcher 2, Men of war: Vietnam, Skyrim, Dead Island, Battlefield 3, Guild Wars 2, and with a recent influx of credit got Battlefield Premium for $17.
    Last edited by Wengart; 17-07-2012 at 11:36 PM.

Network Hub
    I got Deus ex HR for free on GMG :D

Quote Originally Posted by Kajo View Post
    I got Deus ex HR for free on GMG :D
    |Worth every penny :)
    If graphics are not important why spend so much on a GPU?

There's quite a nice discount on the Witcher games over at GoG.com: http://www.gog.com/en/promo/the_witc...es__gem__promo

That is excellent. Now it doesn't really matter that it didn't get voted in Steam's community sale. Buy from GOG, everybody!

GMG Beyond Divinity - free

GMG Kingdoms of Amalur - Reckoning 9.99 (Origin)

With the various free games for trade-in and the -20% vouchers you can get this for FREE :)

Beyond Divinity is not nearly as good as Divine Divinity though.
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Quote Originally Posted by renhoelder View Post
    Thanks, for some reason I haven't received any mail notification for this one.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    Thanks, for some reason I haven't received any mail notification for this one.
    For some reason the mail notification lags, usually I find the deal via Reddit or sth, "purchase" it and then the notification arrives.

That's it. Why some games they gave away have trade-in value, while others do not?

I've picked up 6 free games to this date, but only two are actually worth something.
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    That's it. Why some games they gave away have trade-in value, while others do not?

I've picked up 6 free games to this date, but only two are actually worth something.
    Seriously?

They're free games. If it was up to me, none of them would have any trade-in value.

Quote Originally Posted by Winged Nazgul View Post
    If it was up to me, none of them would have any trade-in value.
    Are you pulling my leg?

It's just another way to make discounts. Instead of giving you a coupon for n € or m %, they're giving you an old game with some trade-in value.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    I don't mind the ones that don't give trade-in value (historically, they've been the best games they give away) but why would you care if they do?

Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    Don't really care if they do or not. Just saying if it was my company, that would be how'd we roll.

Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    I don't mind the ones that don't give trade-in value (historically, they've been the best games they give away) but why would you care if they do?
    The gap between their prices and Steam's is so wide that even if after trade-ins and coupons, Steam still got by far the best deals. I guess I was kinda expecting they would add trade-in value to the other games they gave away.

The gap between their prices and Steam's is so wide that even if after trade-ins and coupons, Steam still got by far the best deals. I guess I was kinda expecting they would add trade-in value to the other games they gave away.

This is almost veering off topic, but there have been some really good deals on GMG, better than the same product on Steam for sure. But maybe this depends on where you live, I can get some of their catalogue in $ which adds value to me. What I wanted to say is yes, Steam has more breadth and Sales (Midweek, Daily, Weekend) but I wouldn't say the sales are worse (as far as the % off goes)

It may have to do with the titles I'm looking for and the fact I don't generally follow GMG's deals as close as Steam's, but consider this: I have 4.50 € and 20% coupons, as soon as Steam goes 60% off, the game's over. At 75% it didn't even start. I'd need many more trade-ins to tip the balance in favor of GMG.
    Last edited by alms; 18-07-2012 at 04:35 PM.

That may very well be, I was just talking about the games that are on sale at a discount on GMG, like KoA or Fear 3, they are very good deals, Fear 3 matching and KoA besting Steams no discount at all at the moment, doubt they'll go lower than the GMG price. Having said that, this may depend on what games you're looking at and where you reside. GMG is not my go to place to purchase games, but it does have some pretty good deals from time to time. Rant over :)

Also, amazon.com will have Saints Row The Third for $9.99 on the 19th for 24h, just a heads up. This maybe a deal for the people living in the States, but for me it's cheaper now @7.49€,