Page 240 of 543 FirstFirst ... 140190230238239240241242250290340 ... LastLast
Results 4,781 to 4,800 of 10842

Thread: PC Bargains

GOG still has their "Summer Indie drop" sale until tomorrow, which is Gemini Rue and Introversion games. I think I'll get Gemini Rue, which isn't even on sale independently on Steam ATM.

http://www.gog.com/promo/release_promo_indie_drop

Quote Originally Posted by renhoelder View Post

GMG Kingdoms of Amalur - Reckoning 9.99 (Origin)

With the various free games for trade-in and the -20% vouchers you can get this for FREE :)
    Also 9.99 at Gamersgate at the moment.

Yeah I could get KoA for 2 with the 20% voucher and 6 trade-in of earlier freebies MoW Red Tide and Disciples 2.

Though I'm saving my GMG credit and a voucher to pick up The Secret World for 26. Well I would do that if GMG's borked payment processing system would let me even get to the checkout, for some reason this game and this game only will not let me get past the basket to the payment selection screen without page errors. Lots of comments on their forums from people with similar issues on other transactions. I'm on my third go-around with their customer support for help, the problem's definitely at their end. Some of GMG's prices can be good but their site payment system is sometimes flaky and their customer support is slow and not very effectual. I am about to give up and pay a bit more to get it from GG.

Quote Originally Posted by Kodeen View Post
    GOG still has their "Summer Indie drop" sale until tomorrow, which is Gemini Rue and Introversion games. I think I'll get Gemini Rue, which isn't even on sale independently on Steam ATM.

http://www.gog.com/promo/release_promo_indie_drop
    Definately recommendable, as are the introversion titles.

Amazon is still having a little bit of a sale on Amalur. Here's some of the more constructive criticism I've seen:

1.0 out of 5 stars No Gnomes?, July 8, 2012
    By
    Thomas Patterson - See all my reviews

= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
    This review is from: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (DVD-ROM)
    Well I got this game on trial back when it came out. First and foremost, there are no short races to choose from, there's two stars gone.

So I figure I'll give it a shot as some tall obnoxious being for a bit and not even a few minutes in, there's Gnomes. Ok...if you are going to put Gnomes into the lore, and then refuse to make them a playable race, why not just put on the box that they discriminate against height? "oh look, there's gnomes, BUT YOU CAN'T BE ONE!"

so there's another two stars gone.

I'm not entirely against a game having no short races, such as Skyrim. However, they are not in the lore, nor are they alive and well and walking around anymore (dwemer).

But to not only not have a playable short race, but then to include a short race within your game and lore is just unacceptable.

EA lost 39.99 back when the game came out. As for the developers...I dislike your style of discrimination.

Quote Originally Posted by jsi722 View Post
    Saints Row: The Third is only $9.99 on Amazon! (cheaper than Steam)

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/Saints-Row-The-Third-Download/B005OMM66A/...
    Tony from Amazon is also giving away a spec-ops vehicle dlc for SR3 in CAG
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

Quote Originally Posted by jsi722 View Post
    Saints Row: The Third is only $9.99 on Amazon! (cheaper than Steam)

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/Saints-Row-The-Third-Download/B005OMM66A/...
    Is there any word on how long this deal will be up for? I'd like to pick it up, but I'd prefer to wait untill the end of (or ideally, after) the weekend.

Saints Row 3, $10, only for 24 hours, so don't wait too long.
    And here is a clean, non-aff link for those who prefer it
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005OMM66A/

Lesser Hivemind Node internetonsetadd's Avatar
    I was waiting on Amazon's $10 SR3 deal, but I was hoping to be able to hold off as long as possible in case I decided to pick up the THQ pack on Steam. I guess I have to make up my mind quickly.

With all the repeats, I imagine there's a fair chance that the season pass DLC pack will be back to $5 before the summer sale is over.

Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition - $10.19 at Gamestop
    http://www.gamestop.com/pc/fallout-n...-edition/99177
    You have to install their software to get the Steam key.

I highly recommend this game, it's one of the gems of the last years.

To maximize your enjoyment of Fallout NV
    1. Install the mods Project Nevada and New Vegas Bounties 1+2 (and the large community patch). They both add so much to the vanilla game without changing the core experience. I recommend them even for the first playthrough. They are similarly crucial like Stalker Complete Mods to the Stalkers.

2. Play the DLCs in the story-chronological order:
    - Honest Hearts (which I found was the weakest one)
    - Dead Money
    - Old World Blues
    - Lonesome Road

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Gamersgate is having a pretty nice Anno sale this weekend. 1404/Dawn of Discovery Gold for $6, Anno 2070 for $20 (undercutting Steam's daily deal from earlier this week, and with one less DRM layer to boot). I can wholeheartedly endorse 1404 as a lovely little city builder, and I'll probably end up picking up 2070 for myself.

http://www.gamersgate.com/games?prio=relevance&q=annoweekend

Quote Originally Posted by Revisor View Post
    1. Install the mods Project Nevada and New Vegas Bounties 1+2 (and the large community patch). They both add so much to the vanilla game without changing the core experience. I recommend them even for the first playthrough. They are similarly crucial like Stalker Complete Mods to the Stalkers.
    While Project Nevada is, indeed, essential I'll take strong issue with the notion that New Vegas Bounties is similarly so. It adds a bunch of boss fights. I guess if that's your thing, it's a nice one to have, but it's not going to be everyone's cup of tea. So yeah, get PN and customize it to your liking (it's so flexible that it really is of value to anyone playing the game) but read over Bounties and see if it's something that appeals before installing. Personally, I don't run it.
    Last edited by vinraith; 19-07-2012 at 12:10 PM.

New Vegas Bounties likes to put you in scripted fights that almost always start with you right in front of a boss with a ridiculously high health and armor. It gives you very little wiggle room and I found it absolutely tedious.

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    Gamersgate is having a pretty nice Anno sale this weekend. 1404/Dawn of Discovery Gold for $6, Anno 2070 for $20 (undercutting Steam's daily deal from earlier this week, and with one less DRM layer to boot). I can wholeheartedly endorse 1404 as a lovely little city builder, and I'll probably end up picking up 2070 for myself.

http://www.gamersgate.com/games?prio=relevance&q=annoweekend

Well, that's just great ... Anno 1404 Gold is 8.99 in the eurozone @ 70% off. That's practically twice the US price ...

Am I wrong here, or is GG doing a lot of this ridiculous regional pricing lately? God damn ...

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoJellyfish View Post
    Well, that's just great ... Anno 1404 Gold is €8.99 in the eurozone @ 70% off. That's practically twice the US price ...

Am I wrong here, or is GG doing a lot of this ridiculous regional pricing lately? God damn ...
    That is, indeed, ridiculous. On the up side, GG lends itself to smuggling.

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Revisor View Post
    They are similarly crucial like Stalker Complete Mods to the Stalkers.
    Would you care to elaborate? I usually attempt a first playthrough with the vanilla version of a game, no matter what (some widescreen, FOV and crucial bug fixing aside).

It seems like it introduces an awful lot of changes ... I should probably do some research of my own.

Kind of off topic, but is there a must-have mod for FO3 in the same way that Project Nevada is?

Edit: Nevermind, looked it up and it would appear to be Fallout Wanderers Edition.
    Last edited by Kodeen; 19-07-2012 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kodeen View Post
    Kind of off topic, but is there a must-have mod for FO3 in the same way that Project Nevada is?

Edit: Nevermind, looked it up and it would appear to be Fallout Wanderers Edition.
    Yup, even made my the same people. FWE turns FO3 into a really excellent survival game if you set it up harshly.

The Longest Journey is in the Flashsales of Steam at the moment. I would say get it from gog.com without DRM, but if you just want to have a sniff without being a huge adventure fan - get it! It's so cheap right now that you definitely take the shot. Such a great game.

vinraith, could you recommend some settings for FWE? I was meaning to replay FO3 recently and I never tried it with FWE.

Quote Originally Posted by mlaskus View Post
    vinraith, could you recommend some settings for FWE? I was meaning to replay FO3 recently and I never tried it with FWE.
    Uhh, I'd love to but it's been a couple of years, so to be honest I don't even remember what the options were. If you've been through FO3 once it should be pretty straightforward, I think, as you probably have some notion of what you wish were different. One thing I really liked was the motorcycle module, where fast travel is tied to repairing, fueling, and maintaining a motorcycle rather than just being magic. I'd strongly recommend enabling the survival stuff (hunger/thirst/sleep) if it's not the default, as well. Scrounging through old bombed out buildings for primary needs while being hunted by ghouls is a good time.

Honestly, in the newest version I'm not even sure the setting options are the same as they were for me. I'm sorry I can't be more help, I need to replay it again sometime soon and see what the final version of FWE changed.

Thanks anyway. :)
    That motorcycle sounds like way too much work for me, I'm lazy enough to like automagical fast travel.
    I do like to play with the resources as scarce as possible though and I decrease the carrying capacity and the amount of health for everyone. This worked brilliantly for me in Nevada.