Page 245 of 584 FirstFirst ... 145195235243244245246247255295345 ... LastLast
Results 4,881 to 4,900 of 11666

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by lasikbear View Post
    Green Man Gaming has another trade in deal, this time for Guild Wars 2. Trading in one of the free games from last month gets you $7 off.

There is also another voucher code you can use for 25% off, PCGMR-ALLIN-GREEN. Without the trade in GW2 is $45, with its $40. Either was its probably the best deal you will find for now.
    The voucher doesn't work in the UK!?

GMG only offer the discount on the digital bonus overpriced bollocks edition in the UK atm 45 less their 'discount' of 4.50 still makes it stupidly expensive.

Sainsburys were doing the retail box version for 27 yesterday - lowest ever was GMG's standard edition for 25.

It will be cheaper before launch I reckon - and way cheaper again shortly thereafter :)
    Last edited by trjp; 02-08-2012 at 07:37 PM.

I actually bought it with the voucher code on the previous page, and was able to get the regular version for 20% off. Hopefully they will run another one of those promotions (and they seem to never not be running them) before the 25th.

Quote Originally Posted by hamster View Post
    Gothic 3 75% off at gamersgate. Gold edition comes with the expansion - heard it sucks. Worth getting both? Or just the one? Or neither?
    Just get regular Gothic 3, Forsaken Gods (the expansion) is less than worthless. They add very little, none of which is worthwhile, and remove quite a bit from the original Gothic 3. There is literally no point in playing it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodeen View Post
    Just get regular Gothic 3, Forsaken Gods (the expansion) is less than worthless. They add very little, none of which is worthwhile, and remove quite a bit from the original Gothic 3. There is literally no point in playing it.
    I thought the big user patch for Gothic 3 (which I'm told is the only thing that makes it playable) now covered Forsaken Gods as well?

I'm looking at the id sale on Steam, and I'm wondering, didn't there used to be a newer Wolfenstein game that never would come down in price even years after the game was released? I don't see it anymore-whatever happened to it?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Wolfenstein 2009 was aquired from Activision by Zenimax and their games are usually available in fewer territories.

It has been unfortunately removed from Steam, from anywhere digital, from what I heard because of unclear rights (Actiblizz as the publisher vs Id/Bethesda, the TM holders).
    It IS pretty good so hopefully it will return someday.

Quote Originally Posted by Revisor View Post
    It has been unfortunately removed from Steam, from anywhere digital, from what I heard because of unclear rights (Actiblizz as the publisher vs Id/Bethesda, the TM holders).
    It IS pretty good so hopefully it will return someday.
    That's too bad. I wanted to pick it up, but I never remember it dropping below $30 or so, even during the seasonal sales. I just looked on Amazon and they want $27 for it--good luck with that.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    This Wolfenstein? It was €5,- on Steam this February; at least that's what my 'list of games' tells me. Perhaps it was some kind of going out of business sale. Anyway, I thought it was quite forgettable, though still enjoyable.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    I thought the big user patch for Gothic 3 (which I'm told is the only thing that makes it playable) now covered Forsaken Gods as well?
    Not quite, it's a little confusing with the whole Enhanced Edition labeling, but there's currently 4 ways you can muck about with the Gothic 3 world.

Vanilla Gothic 3 - Full game by PB, very buggy on release.
    Gothic 3 with CPT - Same game as Gothic 3, almost all bugs gone.
    Gothic 3 Forsaken Gods - Expandalone where they removed 2/3 of the map, different quests and storyline, also very buggy on release.
    Gothic 3 Forsaken Gods Enhanced Edition - Forsaken Gods with a patch made by the CPT. However, this time they were paid to do so and the game was re-released with this patch.

Also, the latest version of the Gothic 3 CPT was a paid effort, and on Steam and on GOG it should be built in. Not sure about Gamersgate.
    Last edited by Kodeen; 02-08-2012 at 10:25 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodeen View Post
    Not quite, it's a little confusing with the whole Enhanced Edition labeling, but there's currently 4 ways you can muck about with the Gothic 3 world.

Vanilla Gothic 3 - Full game by PB, very buggy on release.
    Gothic 3 with CPT - Same game as Gothic 3, almost all bugs gone.
    Gothic 3 Forsaken Gods - Expandalone where they removed 2/3 of the map, different quests and storyline, also very buggy on release.
    Gothic 3 Forsaken Gods Enhanced Edition - Forsaken Gods with a patch made by the CPT. However, this time they were paid to do so and the game was re-released with this patch.

Also, the latest version of the Gothic 3 CPT was a paid effort, and on Steam and on GOG it should be built in. Not sure about Gamersgate.
    Wow, ok, that is confusing. So you're essentially saying that Gothic 3 with CPT is the best of those options, because FG actually removed a bunch of content?

I've got Gothic 3 on GOG, so if CPT is in-built that's outstanding. How would I check that?

Thanks!

There are 3 tells on the main menu screen:

1) Top center will have the version number. Current CPT will say is pb/cpt/sb v.1.75.14
    2) In between "A Piranha Bytes Game" and "Gothic 3" it will say "Enhanced Edition" (just to make it more confusing)
    3) At the bottom will be a toggle for "Alternative Balancing"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by elephant god View Post
    IIIiiiii knoww its not really a bargain, but we don't really have a simple buying games thread ("Your Haul" maybe?). What is the "additional discount" on the quakecon bundle if you pre-order Dishonoured?!
    Bethesda has essentially the same package, sans Skyrim and RAGE, for $60 last year. It also came with a bunch of TF2 hats that I traded for other games.

Lesser Hivemind Node agentorange's Avatar
    https://www.gamersfront.com/store/su...ale-event.html

Shrapnel games having a sale on their strategy stuff. They're not deep discounts, but these are games that rarely go on sale. If you want to get Dominions 3, now's the time.

is the odd 7€ price for morrowind a bargain? I'm kind of tempted, and this is one of the games, like Stalker, that are still up to current standards due to their modding community. was it not 5€ in the summer sale, or 10€?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    is the odd 7 price for morrowind a bargain? I'm kind of tempted, and this is one of the games, like Stalker, that are still up to current standards due to their modding community. was it not 5 in the summer sale, or 10?

Morrowind was indeed 4.99 in the summer sale. It seems most of the current games on sale are a little pricier than the summer sale.

is the odd 7€ price for morrowind a bargain? I'm kind of tempted, and this is one of the games, like Stalker, that are still up to current standards due to their modding community. was it not 5€ in the summer sale, or 10€?
    If I understand the graph here, http://www.steamprices.com/eu/app/22...e-year-edition , correctly, it was 5€ in the sale. At least on one day of it.

Those Quakecon discounts are rather underwhelming (or maybe it's just that the prices for those games seem generally rather unreasonable).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Morrowind has been cheaper, but it's still well worth it. It's not as slick as Oblivion or Skyrim (the most common complaint is the lack of physical connection in the combat) but it still beats them both hands down in world design.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I picked up Morrowind in the sale. I'm waiting for latest overhaul graphics mod to be released before I jump in. Is it worth experiencing the game in all its clunky glory, or are there some balance or quality of life mods that one shouldn't be without? I've looked into the various mod sites and I find the endless lists of mods... intimidating.

This should be good enough for it. It will include fixes, wich should make the game much more playable.