Page 249 of 542 FirstFirst ... 149199239247248249250251259299349 ... LastLast
Results 4,961 to 4,980 of 10825

Thread: PC Bargains

Capsule is a fairly lightweight client that functions mostly as a downloader. To my knowledge, for Sniper you wouldn't need to use it again, though if you wanted a 'clean' uninstall you would have to keep Capsule on your system and use it to uninstall game.

A bunch of our games use SecuROM where other sites don't. This is because the trading mechanic requires a modified version of SecuROM to function, and Sniper is a tradable game. Non-tradable titles use what DRM publishers specify, or no DRM at all.

80% of the Iron Cross Edition of Rise of Flight: http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-ROFIC...-cross-edition 7.99 (or 6.79 if you have the IGN discount thingy)

Rise of Flight is itself free, but there are tons of planes and stuff to buy if you wish (the free version only comes with two) but the Iron Cross edition comes with extra planes and stuff. Not got round to playing it myself as I'm busy learning the A-10, but I've heard really good things and for less than 7 I couldn't resist...

All of the FlatOuts are as a daily on steam today. I'm tempted to pick one up, is Ultimate Carnage good or should I just play it safe and pick up FlatOut 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Gorzan View Post
    All of the FlatOuts are as a daily on steam today. I'm tempted to pick one up, is Ultimate Carnage good or should I just play it safe and pick up FlatOut 2?
    FlatOut Ultimate Carnage, from what i've read, is basically a remake of Flatout 2, with a few added things. Someone feel free to correct me, as I dont know the specifics, but i'd say go for UC.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by cowthief skank View Post
    80% of the Iron Cross Edition of Rise of Flight: http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-ROFIC...-cross-edition 7.99 (or 6.79 if you have the IGN discount thingy)
    Nice catch, cheers!

Any idea how long that's going on? I'll pick it up if it lasts til I have cash.

Everything magicka is 75% off in steam. Even the latest dlc (quite weak in my opinion).

Seems to be the daily deal even though it doesn't show it to me on the main store screen.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Lots of Kalypso games are discounted over the weekend. If you're into arcade racing games, I can recommend giving SkyDrift a look - it's currently on sale for €5,-. It's a MarioKart with planes, a Blur without wheels. In any case, I thought it was good fun. It also has some multi-player features, but I don't imagine them being very active these days.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

How about Bang Bang Racing, it looks cute, I'll give the demo a try. [edit: move along now, nothing to see here...]

Also: the supposedly very mediocre Dungeons is 80% off, that's including every DLC for 6. could it slowly become a good deal?
    Last edited by elephant god; 09-08-2012 at 10:01 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by elephant god View Post
    How about Bang Bang Racing, it looks cute, I'll give the demo a try. [edit: move along now, nothing to see here...]
    I never got the Big Bang Racing Demo to start, then found dozens of people on the Steam forums with the same problem and didn't bother with it afterwards. A shame, because it looked quite nice and could have been fun.

Dungeons: The Dark Lord, the sequel to Dungeons, is on sale for €3,79. I figured it was low enough to give it a try, but haven't yet played it.

There's a semi-long video on it here:

"He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

I haven't played Dungeons, or the expac. But the gist I got from all of the reviews is that it's not Dungeon Keeper, and that you'll likely only be disappointed with the game if you've had previous experience with the dungeon Keepers.

Activated Node
    This isn't the biggest discount, and you'll need an iPhone or iPad to take advantage of it, but if you buy the iOS version of Dynamite Jack ($3 or 2 or whatever your local equivalent is) you can get a free direct download of the Windows/Mac/Linux version (normally $5), along with a Steam key (but I believe it's a fairly time-limited offer so you'll have to get your skates on if you want it).

Just Cause 2 is €3.74 at Gamersgate today only, and there's going to be an MP test this weekend, so grapple your wallet onto your screen right now!

Quote Originally Posted by tossrStu View Post
    This isn't the biggest discount, and you'll need an iPhone or iPad to take advantage of it, but if you buy the iOS version of Dynamite Jack ($3 or 2 or whatever your local equivalent is) you can get a free direct download of the Windows/Mac/Linux version (normally $5), along with a Steam key (but I believe it's a fairly time-limited offer so you'll have to get your skates on if you want it).
    Does it have a story? Is it any good?

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Revisor View Post
    Does it have a story? Is it any good?
    I grabbed it this morning and haven't had a chance to play it yet, but from what I've heard the answers to your question are "barely" and "yes". RobF seemed to like it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by johnki View Post
    Any idea how long that's going on? I'll pick it up if it lasts til I have cash.
    No. It's still on for that price now, and it is listed as a top summer sale game, rather than a daily deal. So I suspect it will either last til the end of the week (whenever Gamersgate's weeks begin) or til the end of the summer sale (currently week two of four).

20% off at green man gaming for those that are interested. Apparently works on things already discounted and includes pre-orders so if you were umming and arring about GW2 now might be the time

http://www.pcgamesn.com/article/deal...d-all-pc-games

PS anyone actually used them, I'd only started hearing about them recently where they've been doing massive reductions - sadly nothing I want at the mo so no reason to try.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    (whenever Gamersgate's weeks begin)
    For the US site, at least, the week begins 3 am Monday morning, Eastern Time.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Great promo over on GOG, Superfrog and Alien Breed etc:
    http://www.gog.com/en/promo/gsc_team_17_weekend_promo