Page 250 of 578 FirstFirst ... 150200240248249250251252260300350 ... LastLast
Results 4,981 to 5,000 of 11552

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Woundedbum View Post
    Great promo over on GOG, Superfrog and Alien Breed etc:
    http://www.gog.com/en/promo/gsc_team_17_weekend_promo
    How come nobody made a Cossacks clone yet?

Lesser Hivemind Node internetonsetadd's Avatar
    The Secret World is dropping to $25 on Amazon, 8/17-8/19. Perhaps one step closer to F2P.

Binary Domain is today's daily deal at Steam at -75%

I can heartily recommend Binary Domain but please adjust the FOV settings!

Quote Originally Posted by Timofee View Post
    20% off at green man gaming for those that are interested. ...

http://www.pcgamesn.com/article/deal...d-all-pc-games

PS anyone actually used them, I'd only started hearing about them recently where they've been doing massive reductions - sadly nothing I want at the mo so no reason to try.
    Bought about 8 different Steam games from them over the past year(?) and have no complaints. You may hear some stirrings at present about people not having received their Darksiders 2 key after receiving an email that they've been sent out. I wouldn't let this put you off though, the game isn't released yet, just available for pre-load.

I've no interest in their capsule client for games they host themselves so can't comment on it apart from recalling someone saying it's more a download/install client than always on. Apparently they use Securom to manage their trade-in system.

GMG had a 25% off code several days ago. I finally caved on Dark Souls but when I went to order they had trouble processing for whatever reason. When I tried again, the code was no longer valid. Was this a sign? Well, no, I don't believe in signs, but I was counting on that $10 off as compensation for dealing with GFWL. I'll hold out for a sweeter deal; there doesn't seem to be any shortage of them over there.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by internetonsetadd View Post
    GMG had a 25% off code several days ago. I finally caved on Dark Souls but when I went to order they had trouble processing for whatever reason. When I tried again, the code was no longer valid. Was this a sign? Well, no, I don't believe in signs, but I was counting on that $10 off as compensation for dealing with GFWL. I'll hold out for a sweeter deal; there doesn't seem to be any shortage of them over there.
    If you use GamersGate, and have the 15% IGN discount, it's possible to get Dark Souls for less than $30, as they give 10% blue coins for this preorder and the usual 5% blue coins. It's SteamWorks anyway, and as a bonus, it's currently available in some countries where the Steam version is not.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    That IGN Prime discount is going to cast a, long shadow isn't it? Drawing a line between haves and have nots.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Syndicate is $6 on Gamersgate today. Recommended.

Unfortunately only for the North America. All others are redirected to the 15-pound UK version.

Or the non-existant Swedish version. As for all EA games I think. No idea why.

Activated Node
    It's because EA hates all non north americans. On steam, those who pay with US dollars, pay three times as much for Dead Space 2, 50% more for a lot of other EA games, and, while Dragon Age and it's expansion are available, ultimate is not (and each costs as much as ultimate). They also default to the Euro price on Origin except for UK and NA, and their sales there are regional. It's possible that they found out that regional sales do not devalue their IP, but I think everyone should just buy EA games on retail.

Obscure Node
    Greenman Gaming have Dear Esther for 1.39 at the moment, using the code PCGMR-GREEN-SUMMR.

Quote Originally Posted by thenagus View Post
    Greenman Gaming have Dear Esther for 1.39 at the moment, using the code PCGMR-GREEN-SUMMR.
    Alternatively go walk around on hills reading the last sentence of articles the random page button on wikipedia leads you to*.

*then cast polymorph self and turn into a seagull.

King Arthur II - The Role-playing Wargame
    Absolutely, super cheap
    http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-KA2/kin...laying-wargame
    Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition
    Why not, it's bloody good.
    http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-BBLE/bl...endary-edition
    Company of Heroes Complete
    NO NO NO NO!
    Buy it on steam or impulse even, patching CoH is a disgusting mess.

Gamersgate is moving on to strategy then. Looking forward to seeing a couple things I want.

Shogun 2 at 89% off seems like quite the deal until you see the list price is $90. Unless it's somehow a complete pack that's presumably a mistake.

Did they fix King Arthur II? I played the first one a while ago, performance and AI were still lackluster.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by internetonsetadd View Post
    Gamersgate is moving on to strategy then. Looking forward to seeing a couple things I want.

Shogun 2 at 89% off seems like quite the deal until you see the list price is $90. Unless it's somehow a complete pack that's presumably a mistake.
    90 dollar list price? That can't be right. Even on launch day the game was 40 euros ( 50$ ) in stores here.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Company of Heroes Complete
    NO NO NO NO!
    Buy it on steam or impulse even, patching CoH is a disgusting mess.
    There are an EPIC amount of patches for CoH - I have an original 'boxed' version and to install and patch it involves downloading about twice it's entire size in patches - it takes HOURS.

Steam used to be worse tho - when a patch was released, it just re-downloaded the whole thing!!

That said - as a 'dead' game, I guess it's just one download these days?

I'd certainly beware getting an earlier version - you will spend more time patching than you do playing!

I suspect that if I ever reinstall CoH again, they will patch it after my download is finished just for spite.