Page 251 of 579 FirstFirst ... 151201241249250251252253261301351 ... LastLast
Results 5,001 to 5,020 of 11570

Thread: PC Bargains

Lesser Hivemind Node internetonsetadd's Avatar
    Gamersgate also has Civ V GOTY at $90 list. Am I missing something? I figured they'd be above inflating prices (to a wildly unrealistic degree) to make a discount look better.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by internetonsetadd View Post
    Gamersgate also has Civ V GOTY at $90 list. Am I missing something? I figured they'd be above inflating prices (to a wildly unrealistic degree) to make a discount look better.
    Apart from anything else, that's illegal in many countries - in the UK it's illegal to offer an item as 'discounted' without proving you've had it for sale at the higher stated price for a given period beforehand (whether this applies to DD stores is arguable but I see no reason why not).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sakkura's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    90 dollar list price? That can't be right. Even on launch day the game was 40 euros ( 50$ ) in stores here.
    Quote Originally Posted by internetonsetadd View Post
    Both show €39.95 list here.

Network Hub
    In Euroland list price for Civ 5 GOTY is 39.95. It wouldn't be the first time Gamersgate has messed up prices.

Swedish GG has about the equivalent of 39.95 € as well. Probably just the US site that's bonkers.

Activated Node
    Same here, 89.95$ for both game pre-discount, and i'm not even from the US o_O

$89.99 is the list price for GOTY edition on Steam here in Australia, although despite retail normally being more expensive than online here I'd be surprised if it can't be picked up cheaper these days at retail.

Lesser Hivemind Node internetonsetadd's Avatar
    The discount code was quite nice, but GMG seems to have wienered the schnitzel on Sleeping Dogs, sending EU keys to NA customers. Could be a Square mistake I suppose. As of now I still don't have a key, not that I was planning to start playing at noon on a Tuesday anyway. I'd say live and learn, but I haven't learned anything. I'll shed a few tears for a nice discount.

Edit: Burp; got the key.
    Last edited by internetonsetadd; 14-08-2012 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mzlapq View Post
    If you use GamersGate, and have the 15% IGN discount, it's possible to get Dark Souls for less than $30, as they give 10% blue coins for this preorder and the usual 5% blue coins. It's SteamWorks anyway, and as a bonus, it's currently available in some countries where the Steam version is not.
    Yeah if you're in the market for a pre-order then that Gamersgate pre-order bonus + IGN discount is nice if you collect blue coins. For UK Dark Souls is 25.46 paid and 6900 back in blue coins = 3.75 credit

I kind of like GMG for their prices but their customer service had problems lately with payment processing issues and their support forum has a lot of unhappy people (I had an issue recently myself with payment taken for game I didn't receive due to the page freezing during payment processing and I'm still awaiting refund). Unless GMG's price is really unbeatable and it's a Steamworks or Origin code rather than their downloader, I'll now buy elsewhere if I can.

60% off of Freedom Force vs the Third Reich on GOG.com. If you didn't get it in the Gamersgate sale, it's only $2.39 and there's no reason not to pick it up. It's a nice real-time tactical RPG and is oozing with comic book-style charm.

GMG is giving away Greed: Black Border and a 20% off anything coupon to go with it.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Network Hub
    Just got an email from Ubisoft. Seems the next few days they are doing special 1 daily deals. Tomorrow will be Hawx 2, Friday is From Dust, Sat is Silent Hunter 5, and Sunday will be Driver: SF. Other things will be 75% off too.

Driver and Silent Hunter 5 are absolute steals at that price. Haven't a clue what ubisofts store is like, though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Creeping Death View Post
    Just got an email from Ubisoft. Seems the next few days they are doing special 1 daily deals. Tomorrow will be Hawx 2, Friday is From Dust, Sat is Silent Hunter 5, and Sunday will be Driver: SF. Other things will be 75% off too.

Driver and Silent Hunter 5 are absolute steals at that price. Haven't a clue what ubisofts store is like, though.
    I will skip SH5 (ZZZzzz... ZZZzzz... ) and HAWX 2(never got far into #1) and Driver:SF (own it) and Dust? Ch-ching, don't mind if I do.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    That sounds awesome, especially D:SF. Will have to keep my eyes open.

Are they steamworks? Guessing not...
    Last edited by postinternetsyndrome; 16-08-2012 at 01:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by postinternetsyndrome View Post

No I don't think so, I've just bought Hawx 2, and it (suprisingly) only cost me a dollar in my local currency (NZD). Its worth noting, that the download link is only live for a month, after which you'll have to aquire the install files from somewhere else.

That's exactly my problem with buying from random download services (as opposed to steam, gamersgate or the other regulars); actually having access to the game in the future.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    If you've paid for it, download it from wherever the hell you feel like.

Practically speaking, of course I can do that, but I don't really feel like encouraging shitty service like that. Genereally speaking at least. 1 dollar might allow me to look through the fingers this time.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by postinternetsyndrome View Post

All those games will be UPlay downloads and some may still have their always-on crap left in them (D:SF doesn't - pretty sure From Dust doesn't - can't speak for the other 2)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Woundedbum View Post
    If you've paid for it, download it from wherever the hell you feel like.
    I applaud this sentiment wholeheartedly - but legally speaking, it's utterly wrong of course.

No matter how right it may sound - I cannot, get away from the feeling that buying something and then faffing about with hacks and cracks and the risk of viruses - Torrents (and the risk they come with) or NZBs or dodgy filesharing services etc. - is a soiling experience I'd rather avoid.

Thus my mantra is

"Buy it - play it - forget about it" If it's still around in a few years I might play it again - but probably not :)