Page 254 of 589 FirstFirst ... 154204244252253254255256264304354 ... LastLast
Results 5,061 to 5,080 of 11773

Thread: PC Bargains

Quote Originally Posted by johnki View Post
    I'm not sure. I'm using the Uplay client to play it and am online all the time, so personally it doesn't really matter to me, either. I'm not really going to be playing much unless I'm playing multiplayer, so the online only thing doesn't really get in the way.

EDIT3: Nope, opens Uplay. I don't know what the requirements are but it at least has to be run through Uplay. Must have misread which SH got the DRM removed.
    Although I'm online all the time too, just lately my connection has been dropping occasionally - it reconnects promptly, but if the DRM would quit the game or lock me out of features (which is what I believe Anno 2070 does) then I'm not sure I could see the point in me buying it, which is probably a shame...

Quote Originally Posted by cowthief skank View Post
    Although I'm online all the time too, just lately my connection has been dropping occasionally - it reconnects promptly, but if the DRM would quit the game or lock me out of features (which is what I believe Anno 2070 does) then I'm not sure I could see the point in me buying it, which is probably a shame...
    I recall hearing that Ubi fixed it so that it has a timer before they shut off features, in the event of the internet messing up.

EDIT: Wikipedia says it's not constant.

EDIT2: I think it's worth mentioning that Uplay has an offline mode.
    Last edited by johnki; 18-08-2012 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by johnki View Post
    I recall hearing that Ubi fixed it so that it has a timer before they shut off features, in the event of the internet messing up.

EDIT: Wikipedia says it's not constant.

EDIT2: I think it's worth mentioning that Uplay has an offline mode.
    Great thank you. I was aware of Uplay's offline mode, just wanted to make sure that Silent Hunter would not boot me out of my game if the connection dropped. Even for 1 I wouldn't buy it, as it would just piss me off.

So... Tomorrow The Settlers 7 will be 75% of at Uplay. Worth it? Anyone? (List price is 15€)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexClockwork View Post
    So... Tomorrow The Settlers 7 will be 75% of at Uplay. Worth it? Anyone? (List price is 15€)
    Its very good, does it still have a working demo still? (yay for drm) but essentially, if you have an affection for settlers 1 &2 you'll like this. If you dont know, its a game of logistics and flow. You need to expand without crashing your economy by overstretching your food supply, all the while facing expanding oppoinents over limited resources. Its clever and very pretty.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Its very good, does it still have a working demo still? (yay for drm) but essentially, if you have an affection for settlers 1 &2 you'll like this. If you dont know, its a game of logistics and flow. You need to expand without crashing your economy by overstretching your food supply, all the while facing expanding oppoinents over limited resources. Its clever and very pretty.
    Seems good, though Metacritic's user score made me doubt (4.9)... I guess I'll give it a try. ^^

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexClockwork View Post
    Seems good, though Metacritic's user score made me doubt (4.9)... I guess I'll give it a try. ^^
    The metacritic score is because at launch it had the worst of UBIDRM, and people like to rage against things to stroke their ego.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Settlers 7 is amazing. One of my favorite strategy games.

Quote Originally Posted by Giaddon View Post
    Settlers 7 is amazing. One of my favorite strategy games.
    I agree with this. Loved it. It made me bow down and break my boycot of UBIdrm.
    Twitter! Occasional impressions on random sim games.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I know were all bout the digital deal here but this

http://www.shopto.net/pc/PCRI19-ridge-racer-unbounded

is a good deal I think (5.86 UK monies)

Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    I know were all bout the digital deal here but this

http://www.shopto.net/pc/PCRI19-ridge-racer-unbounded

is a good deal I think (5.86 UK monies)
    nice price shame about the game?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Supreme Commander bundled with Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance is the daily Steam deal for just 3,74. I'm quite terrible at this game, but have played it a couple of dozen hours nonetheless. Probably due the nice amount of available sea and air units, a not uncommonly overlooked part of RTS games.

Nicely edited video of the game:

Last edited by Tritagonist; 18-08-2012 at 06:47 PM.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Hell, I didn't want to spend more on games this month, but I also wanted to get me SupCom.
    Is there any point to getting the complete pack or should I just pick up Forged Alliance?

If you only buy FA, you can't use the original 3 sides in multi/skirmish/etc modes. What you want is to install and play FA on the same GPGnet account as your SupCom key. FA is the superior game, but it needs the original's key too in order to be complete.

Hmmm, ok, thanks!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    nice price shame about the game?
    I enjoyed-the-hell out of it personally - it's Flatout 2 with a sharper edge - I struggle to work-out what people don't like (other than "it's not Ridge Racer" which seems little childish).

I heard it had mad as hell rubber banding.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I heard it had mad as hell rubber banding.
    Sounds like the sort of thing people who are crap at a game will use as an excuse for losing a lot :)

I've had races which were utter nailbiters, races which were a stream of glorious overtaking manoevers and games which were frustrating disasters - but when it really gets into it's groove, it offer a fantastic experience (on par with early Burnouts) IMO

I'm not sure what some people expect from AI drivers - do they want a game where the AI simply allows them to make mistakes and keeps out of their way or do they want someone to actually race against?

RRU's AI racers are a mixture of 'mobile chicane' and 'punishment when you crash' - it's a "you start at the back" racer tho, and they've always worked like that surely???

Activated Node
    Should I get Unity of Command at 15 euro from gamersgate? Played the demo and really enjoyed it, but it's still a lot of money for a game like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mrwout View Post
    Should I get Unity of Command at 15 euro from gamersgate? Played the demo and really enjoyed it, but it's still a lot of money for a game like this.
    It's an indie wargame. The key word being wargame. I don't see it getting cheaper any time soon.