Page 255 of 589 FirstFirst ... 155205245253254255256257265305355 ... LastLast
Results 5,081 to 5,100 of 11770

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    There are plenty of folks in strategy circles who speak very highly of UoC. $15 might be a bargain for what you can get out of it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tritagonist View Post
    Supreme Commander bundled with Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance is the daily Steam deal for just €3,74. I'm quite terrible at this game, but have played it a couple of dozen hours nonetheless. Probably due the nice amount of available sea and air units, a not uncommonly overlooked part of RTS games.
    The sequal Supreme Commander 2 is also on sale for €3,74 over at GamersGate. It's a bit of a simplification of the first game, but in itself not a bad one.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Driver San Francisco for a dollar/euro/pound on Uplay today.

Forewarning though, I've been waiting an hour and a half and it still hasn't processed my order, nor have I received an order confirmation or the game. I didn't have this issue with the last few games I bought straight from Ubi though, so maybe they're just having a glitch in the system or a high volume of orders.

EDIT: So I don't know why, but it took like 3 hours to get the game in my library.
    Last edited by johnki; 19-08-2012 at 06:43 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    Bought it and haven't gotten my game either yet. Will give it a couple of hours, but it's not a good first impression of uplay pc.

EDIT: Got it now, the delay was just a couple of minutes. Not too bad, but still disconcerting when uplay doesn't warn about it.
    Last edited by postinternetsyndrome; 19-08-2012 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by postinternetsyndrome View Post
    Bought it and haven't gotten my game either yet. Will give it a couple of hours, but it's not a good first impression of uplay pc.
    To be fair, I've bought 5 games on the Uplay store now, and that is the only one that had that issue.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    All Serious Sam games (I think) are bundled for $19.99 on Amazon now. Register on Steam.
    Last edited by Fanbuoy; 20-08-2012 at 12:26 AM.

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-POPFSDC...lector-edition

Forgotten Sands for $2.03 unless they change it soon.

Steam has a daily deal for The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom. It's €1 for me, so that probably makes it $1 and 0.70, are my guesses. It's a time-traveling platformer similar to The Adventures of Shuggy, only with a silent film aesthetic, from what I can tell. Be quick about it, there's only five hours left.

Edit: Holy crap this game has terrible performance. It runs at half speed almost 50% of the time. And no, that's not a game mechanic.
    Last edited by LTK; 20-08-2012 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by johnki View Post
    http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-POPFSDC...lector-edition

Forgotten Sands for $2.03 unless they change it soon.
    Check out if you can get it with blue coins so you can get it for "free".
    New! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Not exactly new! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Kind of old! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    Steam has a daily deal for The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom. It's 1 for me, so that probably makes it $1 and 0.70, are my guesses. It's a time-traveling platformer similar to The Adventures of Shuggy, only with a silent film aesthetic, from what I can tell. Be quick about it, there's only five hours left.

Edit: Holy crap this game has terrible performance. It runs at half speed almost 50% of the time. And no, that's not a game mechanic.

Runs absolutely fine here. Also, it was on a Steam sale few years back for pennies.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Steam has a pre-order of War of the Roses that gives access to the beta and some DLC. I own M&B so that results in a 4-pack where everyone pays $17.95 USD.

Anyone want in? From everything Total Biscuit has shown, it looks to be quite fun
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by tjv View Post
    Runs absolutely fine here. Also, it was on a Steam sale few years back for pennies.
    You're probably not playing it on a three-year-old gaming laptop. Mine is not the best, but this is the first time I have ever had performance issues when playing a 2D platformer on it.

I noticed it was on sale in February, but this time it's going for even fewer pennies! 75% off instead of 60% off, that is. 6 hours ago, that is.

50% off some old shooters on GOG.com for a few more hours.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    You're probably not playing it on a three-year-old gaming laptop. Mine is not the best, but this is the first time I have ever had performance issues when playing a 2D platformer on it.
    IIRC it's an XNA title - which basically stands for "runs shit on PCs"

I noticed it was on sale in February, but this time it's going for even fewer pennies! 75% off instead of 60% off, that is. 6 hours ago, that is.
    Not that it matters, but it was actually more than that. Think it was 90% off.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Steam has a pre-order of War of the Roses that gives access to the beta and some DLC. I own M&B so that results in a 4-pack where everyone pays $17.95 USD.

Anyone want in? From everything Total Biscuit has shown, it looks to be quite fun
    Does it give you immediate access to the BETA? I've tried looking around but can't find an answer..

Quote Originally Posted by Kingmarzo View Post
    Does it give you immediate access to the BETA? I've tried looking around but can't find an answer..
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/42160/

The banner says "& Beta Entry" so I'd assume yes.

Network Hub
    $12 off preorders of $40 or more at Newegg:

http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/7876...8-prey-2-pc-38

I only wish I knew if the PC titles can be activated through Steam.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by johnki View Post
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/42160/

The banner says "& Beta Entry" so I'd assume yes.
    But on the Paradox forum it say's access will be given 'shortly' and as people are already playing it I thought it was somewhat vague.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingmarzo View Post
    But on the Paradox forum it say's access will be given 'shortly' and as people are already playing it I thought it was somewhat vague.
    That might mean that they expected a lot of pre-orders and that it's not an instantaneous process.

Or maybe it means that while pre-orders are open, they're still getting the game fully ready for an open beta for pre-orderers. That's quite the step up from their current beta, I'd imagine.