Page 258 of 569 FirstFirst ... 158208248256257258259260268308358 ... LastLast
Results 5,141 to 5,160 of 11362

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kstress71 View Post
    I very much enjoy them. They are lighthearted and simple, but fun. Not very challenging, but you're probably not playing this game for challenge. I generally hate collect-a-thon games, but I enjoy going through everything in Lego games because replaying levels with unlimited character selection exposes areas not available at first.
    And things smash very satisfyingly, and its stuffed full of visual humour.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Saw that the Stronghold collection is on sale at Gamersgate - The DRM is marked as "Other DRM" and a single review mentions that all the games are DRM free. Does anyone know if there's DRM involved, and if so, what type?

Quote Originally Posted by jyden View Post
    Saw that the Stronghold collection is on sale at Gamersgate - The DRM is marked as "Other DRM" and a single review mentions that all the games are DRM free. Does anyone know if there's DRM involved, and if so, what type?
    I only got one key when I bought it, and while I haven't had time to download it yet, I'd assume it's a one-time key activation for a single one of the games, or maybe the collection as a whole.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tritagonist View Post
    Yes! It has tons of content, a fantastic track editor, is great fun to drive, and since the stadium scenario is free (TMF) it should still have a pretty active multiplayer community.
    Gonna +1 that. Also, particularly good if you're a fan of time trials and leaderboards. It helps, but isn't necessary to enjoy the arcadiness of it.

Also, Mirror's Edge as the Steam daily and Just Cause 2 as a weekend deal on Steam - you should buy both.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    I kind of feel sorry for GOG when they add a game series to their shop.
    Do they release the whole series and include games which may be *ahem* subpar (Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness and Ultima IX) or do they only release the truly Good games and so leave gaps in their library? Either way someone is going to be complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    I kind of feel sorry for GOG when they add a game series to their shop.
    Do they release the whole series and include games which may be *ahem* subpar (Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness and Ultima IX) or do they only release the truly Good games and so leave gaps in their library? Either way someone is going to be complaining.
    Kinda don't understand why. It's a purchase. It's your choice whether you buy it. Why should they leave out games others might want just because you don't want them? It's a bit ridiculous to assume they wouldn't release all of them.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by johnki View Post
    Kinda don't understand why. It's a purchase. It's your choice whether you buy it. Why should they leave out games others might want just because you don't want them? It's a bit ridiculous to assume they wouldn't release all of them.
    I'd assume they intend to sell any old shit now they're just "GoG" and have dropped the "Good Old Games" concept.

The moment Angel of Darkness appeared there they needed to be renamed to SoD anyway - why anyone would want to play that shite is beyond me...

I have no problem with it, especially as user reviews should give all the info needed. It's just I have heard those, such as the guy above, who do take issue with it and was putting forward the counter-argument that completing a series is possibly better.

Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    I have no problem with it, especially as user reviews should give all the info needed. It's just I have heard those, such as the guy above, who do take issue with it and was putting forward the counter-argument that completing a series is possibly better.
    But my point is that they really shouldn't have an issue with it. No one's making them buy or play it, and there's nothing they can do to make them not exist, often alongside the "good releases" in the list. Personally, I like Ultima IX. I get that people take issue with it because it's not an RPG, and it's not totally canonical. I get that. But it's still a decent game, now that all the bugs are patched out. Nothing groundbreaking, but good, nonetheless.

And there's really no reason they should be offended by the fact that it's there.

EDIT: Personally, I don't like Fallout 3. It turned a classic RPG into something that it just shouldn't be. I don't get offended when I see people selling Fallout 3.

But my point is that they really shouldn't have an issue with it. No one's making them buy or play it, and there's nothing they can do to make them not exist, often alongside the "good releases" in the list. Personally, I like Ultima IX. I get that people take issue with it because it's not an RPG, and it's not totally canonical. I get that. But it's still a decent game, now that all the bugs are patched out. Nothing groundbreaking, but good, nonetheless.

And there's really no reason they should be offended by the fact that it's there.
    Yes but the internet.

Obscure Node
    Couldn't think of where else to put this (and I can't create threads as I just registered on the forums)
    Well anyway, here are some Closed Beta keys for RaiderZ (I can't for the life of me remember even signing up for it or even hearing about the game before)
    CBTW31_NDAjMjAjMTIzYmEjOTQ
    CBTW31_OTIjZTlmMTUjMjAjMzQ

http://www.raiderz-europe.com/account/redeem-code.html

On a bit of searching I did find TB had made a video on this (although I don't remember seeing that before either):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8bA3nTllIw

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Dishonored is 40€ at GMG, with the code DERHE-RRDER-RINGE.
    Does anyone knows a lower price than this for Mainland Europe? I checked many places, and smuggling is not worth it.
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Last call, do i want fear 3?
    http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-FEAR3/fear-3
    Or is it a steaming turd?
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    If you have someone to play with, buy it. The co-op is very fun.

Greenmangaming supposed to be having The Journey Down Chapter 1 at 75% off for 24 hours starting in about 40 minutes. 10 for the first chapter may have been a little steep (judging by Wot John Thinks) but 2.50 may be a little more reasonable

Quote Originally Posted by cowthief skank View Post
    Greenmangaming supposed to be having The Journey Down Chapter 1 at 75% off for 24 hours starting in about 40 minutes. 10 for the first chapter may have been a little steep (judging by Wot John Thinks) but 2.50 may be a little more reasonable
    I got it in an Indie Royale bundle. For adventure game players, it's fantastic. Plenty of good humor and an interesting art style. However, for people that don't play adventure games, 3 hours of fixing an airplane in adventure game format with good humor might not be interesting enough.

EDIT: Oh, and SpaceChem, Tiny and Big, Legend of Grimrock, Torchlight, the Geneforge Saga, and Darwinia are 50% off on GOG.com, this weekend only.
    Last edited by johnki; 25-08-2012 at 11:40 AM.

Free Starvoid keys at fileplay.net/keys/. I'd hurry if you're interested, the link's been making its rounds.

EDIT: It's the full game.

Network Hub
    Free Starvoid keys at fileplay.net/keys/. I'd hurry if you're interested, the link's been making its rounds.

EDIT: It's the full game.
    For anyone considering making an account to nab a beta key, just a heads up they are all gone now.

Raiderz keys:

CBTW31_MiMyMCM1ZDAyMiM1Mg
    CBTW31_NjkjNWU0YmEjMjAjNDg

I tried it out for an hour - not really my cup of tea but the action combat isn't bad for an MMO I guess.

Krater 50 % off on GG. Anyone know if it's been improved since release?