Page 265 of 577 FirstFirst ... 165215255263264265266267275315365 ... LastLast
Results 5,281 to 5,300 of 11523

Thread: PC Bargains

Thief II: The Metal Age for 1.74 at GMG on daily deal Further 25%-off with code GMG25-1BW0K-K1A3G if you haven't used it already. Good way to use up your trade-in credit from some of that free shelf-ware you got from GMG.

It's Steamworks, which I think all download versions other than GOG's are now. AFAIK and from what I've read on Steam forum, you can do all the Tafferpatch mods etc on the Steam install but I've not done it myself yet.
    Last edited by Colonel J; 12-09-2012 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    Spec Ops: The Line is now officially a thermonuclear bomb. Price dropped to $29.99/19.99 everywhere. That's two and a half months after launch.
    And I fully expect this one will free-fall to at least 75%-off of that (5 / 5) in this year's Christmas sales, along with Game of Thrones RPG and Sniper Elite V2. At which point they will join the towering heap of impulse buys that will be my 2013 backlog...

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    I'm sure someone will think of something, until then stare deeply at this screenshot.
    I would stare at it if it weren't so small. How about a larger version so I can understand the point you're trying to make?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Just stretch it, it's actual resolution.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel J View Post
    Thief II: The Metal Age for 1.74 at GMG on daily deal Further 25%-off with code GMG25-1BW0K-K1A3G if you haven't used it already. Good way to use up your trade-in credit from some of that free shelf-ware you got from GMG.

It's Steamworks, which I think all download versions other than GOG's are now. AFAIK and from what I've read on Steam forum, you can do all the Tafferpatch mods etc on the Steam install but I've not done it myself yet.
    Is this the first time an old game has been re-released with Steamworks DRM?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    To clarify: It is steam DRM, but it doesn't use stuff like achievements and the like.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by kstress71 View Post
    I would stare at it if it weren't so small. How about a larger version so I can understand the point you're trying to make?
    That is his point. He thinks he has to play old DOS games in tiny 320x200 windows. I don't think he has discovered the DOSBox config file yet.

Anyway, here's a better picture of that fight, enlarged to double the size and with some combat options displayed.

Network Hub
    Thanks for the clarification!

Quote Originally Posted by Wizardry View Post
    That is his point. He thinks he has to play old DOS games in tiny 320x200 windows. I don't think he has discovered the DOSBox config file yet.
    Shush you. If I had a point for everything I posted I wouldn't have time to post.

Lesser Hivemind Node icupnimpn2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Shush you. If I had a point for everything I posted I wouldn't have time to post.
    Certainly not 3,536 times and counting

Quote Originally Posted by icupnimpn2 View Post
    Certainly not 3,536 times and counting
    That's it, I'm deploying a shush jar, coin in the slot every time you need to shush, icupnimpn2 it's probably best you put a few in as back pay.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel J View Post

Code doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    Regarding the mid-week sale on Steam of Red Faction.

Guerilla is a fantastic open-world game with some great, versatile game-play and phenomenal destruction capabilities. If you like open world games, you'll want this. Armageddon is a linear third person shooter. Wait, come back! Okay, so it's not amazing and it does have its issues, it is, however, a very competent game with some satisfying weapons and does nothing to offend. It does have some stand-out moments, particularly when you're using a vehicle. I recommend getting the Path to War DLC, as the cost/time justifies it, whilst the content itself is probably some of the best in the game. That's if you do buy Armageddon. If you were only going to get one, Guerilla by a long-shot. If you're interested in more Red Faction, Armageddon is still interesting, just less so than Guerilla.
    I've always wondered if RF:Guerilla is fun in multiplayer (for a small, 4-6 player, LAN-party for example). Anyone familiar with this? And if it's bad, what are good FPS games for such small LAN multiplays?
    Mijn Uitlaatklep - My (Dutch) blog about games, music and more

Quote Originally Posted by Olero View Post
    I've always wondered if RF:Guerilla is fun in multiplayer (for a small, 4-6 player, LAN-party for example). Anyone familiar with this? And if it's bad, what are good FPS games for such small LAN multiplays?
    Guerrilla has GREAT multiplayer, incredibly fun, but I couldn't get two PCs behind the same router to work with it online, probably due to GFWL, as it would kick one of us when the other joined the same online game. Very frustrating.

I just launched RFG to check this, and is has a LAN play option separate from internet play, BUT it requires that you're signed in to GFWL before letting you in to the LAN play menu. GFWL also has some kind "offline" profile, though I don't know if that would work for LAN play. Good luck!

Shatter's the daily deal on Steam, for 75% off. It's a truly excellent arcade game, and it has a story mode! Also, you get the soundtrack if you pay about 25 cents more, I like that a lot as well.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    Shatter's the daily deal on Steam, for 75% off. It's a truly excellent arcade game, and it has a story mode! Also, you get the soundtrack if you pay about 25 cents more, I like that a lot as well.
    Shatter is awesome - it's soundtrack is also one of the best game soundtracks ever done!

Winter Wolves bundle - some visual adventures/dating sims/italian JRPGs if it please you.
    http://groupees.com/ww

As far as I know this is a first larger Winterwolves sale.
    Probably worth it for Bionic Heart and Planet Stronghold alone.
    Last edited by Revisor; 14-09-2012 at 09:58 AM.

The ultimate lan party fps is hidden source, if you have a collection of fps veterans SWAT4 scores highly.

Seeing as this thread is about game deals, does anyone know of a decent site that compares prices from digital retailers (Steam, Gamefly, Gamersgate et al) in a single place?

There seem to be lots of good sites that compare prices from online through-the-post retailers like Amazon, Zavvi and others, such as gamecrawler.co.uk, find-game.co.uk and gamestracker.com (which does have Steam but no others) but none that do both or even just digital on their own.

There are a few that seem to have tried - deals4downloads.com, shockedfish.com, steamgamesales.com - but they don't even seem to have prices for the few stores they claim to cover and frankly they are all a bit of a mess.

Any suggestions?