Page 266 of 589 FirstFirst ... 166216256264265266267268276316366 ... LastLast
Results 5,301 to 5,320 of 11772

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    I stick to http://savygamer.co.uk/ as its got a pc filter, and my preference a digital one too
    http://savygamer.co.uk/category/deals/pc/dd/
    Yes some discs can be activated on steam and not what, but I am impatient.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    I use this one:

http://isthereanydeal.com/

Covers Steam, GamersGate, Green Man Gaming, Amazon, BeamDog, Good Old Games and a few others.

Edit: Blast, ninjaed.

So GOG has an interesting D+D sale. I'm only interested in getting the two Baldur's and the two Icewind Dale's which makes it $24. Now technically I could just get the Masters collection from GamersGate for less than $20 (IGN discount). But I'm presuming the GG release is barebones and does not include all the extra manuals, maps, soundtracks etc that GOG includes. So please tell me which you would suggest I go for.
    Thanks in advance.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    I picked up all the GOG D&D games last time they were on sale (yes even Dragonshard and Demonstone) and would recommend you go for that seeing as it's only $4 more. I just like having all the maps, manuals, soundtracks, reference cards though.
    But then I'm also just a massive fan of GOG and what they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    I use this one:

http://isthereanydeal.com/

Covers Steam, GamersGate, Green Man Gaming, Amazon, BeamDog, Good Old Games and a few others.

Edit: Blast, ninjaed.
    Thanks to both of you - I hadn't seen this one.

It looks ideal and nicely laid out.

At first I was a bit confused because I couldn't see prices for some games on some stores even though I knew they stocked them, but then I twigged that it just lists prices below RRP (or at least I assume it does). I think I'd prefer it if it listed all prices, just so you know it's actually checked the sites properly, but that's a minor point.

Hopefully they'll add more sites as they go along (Origin seems an obvious one).

Vampire - The Masquerade Bloodlines, 8€ from DotEmu.com. Entirely free of DRM additives.
    Strange that DotEmu has this but GOG still doesn't. I may get this to replace my DVD.

I recall some quite divided opinions from folk here on it's merits, but for me it's an utterly essential game for all it's flaws and one you need to play if you haven't yet.

It's one of the best games ever, on par with the System Shocks, Thieves and Deus Ex. The characters are written and voiced superbly.
    And DRM free, you say? I might just buy it again.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Revisor View Post
    It's the best first few hours of a game ever.
    Yeah.... Fixed that for you. The patches did what they could, but it really degenerates in places.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Network Hub
    Borderlands 2 is $36 on Greenmangaming.com with code GMG25-1BW0K-K1A3G (25% off $47.99). I think the code works for other games, but I didn't test it.

Activates on Steam.

EDIT: Yep, that code works for anything on GMG.
    Last edited by kstress71; 14-09-2012 at 08:25 PM. Reason: Correction

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Yeah.... Fixed that for you. The patches did what they could, but it really degenerates in places.
    IMO it only degenerates in the sewer labyrinth, nowhere else. That one should be played with a walkthrough.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Revisor View Post
    IMO it only degenerates in the sewer labyrinth, nowhere else. That one should be played with a walkthrough.
    Or with no clip. Ugh.

FTL is only 7€ bought directly from the devs as opposed to buying it on steam. On release day, this counts as a bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by elephant god View Post
    FTL is only 7€ bought directly from the devs as opposed to buying it on steam. On release day, this counts as a bargain.
    You forgot to mention it comes DRM-free and with a Steam key. And, as opposed to buying it from GOG or a DRM-free outlet like it, it comes with both Mac and Linux versions.

Lesser Hivemind Node internetonsetadd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kstress71 View Post
    GMG25-1BW0K-K1A3G

EDIT: Yep, that code works for anything on GMG.
    Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, not for XCOM. It currently appears to be limited to a (lesser) trade-in bonus deal, which I imagine will persist until the code expires.

Quote Originally Posted by internetonsetadd View Post
    Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, not for XCOM. It currently appears to be limited to a (lesser) trade-in bonus deal, which I imagine will persist until the code expires.
    It definitely worked with XCOM last week, when the code was only supposed to last a couple of days. Perhaps when they extended the code they realised giving 25% off an unreleased game wasn't the best idea? Check their forums - the answer often lies there.

Activated Node
    Bought XEU yesterday for €29,50 with GMG25-1BW0K-K1A3G and trade-ins

Activated Node
    Bought XEU yesterday for 29,50 with GMG25-1BW0K-K1A3G and trade-ins

Just tried it, that voucher made X-COM cost 37,50€ instead of 49,99€. I'm in Germany. good luck!

Lesser Hivemind Node internetonsetadd's Avatar
    Odd. The trade-in bonus drops it to $37.99. Upon entering the code on top of that deal, a message is returned that the voucher doesn't apply. Trying to buy without the trade-in deal ($44.99 * 0.75 = $33.75) doesn't work either. I just noticed that its description explicitly states: Vouchers not valid on this product. Burp.

Quantum Conundrum is 50% off on Gamersgate, and a bunch of pirate games are up to 75% off.