Page 267 of 589 FirstFirst ... 167217257265266267268269277317367 ... LastLast
Results 5,321 to 5,340 of 11770

Thread: PC Bargains

Quote Originally Posted by johnki View Post
    Quantum Conundrum is 50% off on Gamersgate, and a bunch of pirate games are up to 75% off.

I was quite disappointed when I saw that Risen 2 is not one of the pirate games.
    I still wonder how come this game was not in a sale yet.

I know it's not as good as expected but I'm still interested in playing it.

Don't know if it's France only but Max Payne 3 is at 19.99 right now. Thinking about finally getting it but my backlog is already full...

Free weekend for Saints row: the third.
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/55230/...5162562296/#p1

Have no idea how you pre-load the game, since I already own it and actually playing it at the moment.

Highly recommended. It's like a well designed GTA game (Great pacing for an open world) and I believe that if you have the time, you can rush through the main story during the free weekend (20-25 Hrs).

If anyone's interested in hosting a Borderlands 2 4-pack, I'd like to grab a copy - Gamesplanet have a 4-pack for 75.

Network Hub
    I wanted to check a recipe on the web for dinner, ended up buying the Humble Bundle. sigh

Anyways, I have a question. What is the position of RPS regarding the cd keys shops on the web? Are they legit? Because I see really good deals for Borderlands 2 and XCOM: Enemy Unknown ($34 and $30, respectively) on one of them. Does anyone have any experience with these sites?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    CD Key shops are borderline legal and illegal, depending on the one you pick. Some get their hands on the keys with not-so-clean methods, while many others exploit the lower prices found in Russia and specific other countries and resell at a slightly higher price over the internet.

Case 1 is purely illegal.
    Case 2 is grey legal area, as that kind of mass reselling does go against the law of many countries, but they tend to operate from outside of them.

Either case, if Steam finds the key comes from one of these cd key shops, they'll withdraw the game from your account, as you didn't acquire it from a shop authorized by neither Steam, the developer or the publisher.

Quote Originally Posted by mrki View Post
    I wanted to check a recipe on the web for dinner, ended up buying the Humble Bundle. sigh
    Seems to me you could do a lot worse than that :P
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jyden View Post
    If anyone's interested in hosting a Borderlands 2 4-pack, I'd like to grab a copy - Gamesplanet have a 4-pack for 75.
    I would be interesting in joining in, too.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    CD Key shops are borderline legal and illegal, depending on the one you pick. Some get their hands on the keys with not-so-clean methods, while many others exploit the lower prices found in Russia and specific other countries and resell at a slightly higher price over the internet.

Case 1 is purely illegal.
    Case 2 is grey legal area, as that kind of mass reselling does go against the law of many countries, but they tend to operate from outside of them.

Either case, if Steam finds the key comes from one of these cd key shops, they'll withdraw the game from your account, as you didn't acquire it from a shop authorized by neither Steam, the developer or the publisher.
    EU law protects 'authorised distribution' but the illegality is on behalf of the seller and not the purchaser (e.g. you are not breaking the law buying Russian keys - but someone might be by selling them).

Problem is, Valve can pretty much do what they like because no-one is willing to legislate on this stuff - I personally think using a key reseller is a massive gamble - at the very least, use a credit card which will probably offer cover if the deal goes bad (either in terms of not getting a working key or in terms of Valve removing the game from you later).

Quote Originally Posted by mrki View Post
    Anyways, I have a question. What is the position of RPS regarding the cd keys shops on the web? Are they legit? Because I see really good deals for Borderlands 2 and XCOM: Enemy Unknown ($34 and $30, respectively) on one of them. Does anyone have any experience with these sites?
    Legality mostly depends on where they source their keys, although the games EULA may restrict keys that aren't actually illegal so you may find your game inoperable even at some time after purchase.

Be very careful you don't end up with a Russian key for Borderlands 2 or other games for that matter. There's been more and more instances of publishers restricting these to the likes of Russian language or in the case of BL2 you can only play with other players who have the same Russian / surrounding countries version.

As with any online store, customer service varies. Tried one once and got burnt ordering a deluxe edition and getting a standard edition with pretty much a tough luck answer. Don't use Paypal as their "insurance" won't cover digital goods - as I found out. As others have said credit card is probably best as it should let you chargeback if things go wrong.

Network Hub
    Well, I am not actually intending to buy anything at this point as I will have my hands full with Torchlight 2 for the forseeable future, but I am interested in peoples experiences with these shops. Sometimes the prices in Europe are just too high for me to justify the purchase. What I'm most fearful of is that Steam can just pull the game at any moment, and I'm assuming it's trivial to find out which keys were bought at which region.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    I've bought twice from these types of sites (two different ones, two different recommendations).

First one (I'm not sure if I can name), I had a lot of trouble with that ended up with me having to capture a screen grab of the payment successful screen and emailing it twice, one time with a big red arrow pointing to the value of payment to some guy who worked for them before I got my cd key.

Second one, I had a much easier time with. I bought two wow time cards (they were being sold at the price GAME would sell them at before they left Ireland) and it took a day for them to arrive. I've been told by the friend who recommended it that he mostly gets his time cards within five minutes, but because these sites are often run out of someones house, it really depends on if there's someone reading their emails or not.

To the Moon on GOG for $4. I'm game for a good cry.

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/to_the_moon

Quote Originally Posted by Kodeen View Post
    To the Moon on GOG for $4. I'm game for a good cry.

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/to_the_moon
    To The Moon has been on my wishlist for ages, I've been waiting for it to show up in an indie bundle as I have too much else to play already. But $4? Seems rude not to.

Quote Originally Posted by postinternetsyndrome View Post
    I would be interesting in joining in, too.
    And my axe!

I mean... I'd like to get in on that, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel J View Post
    To The Moon has been on my wishlist for ages, I've been waiting for it to show up in an indie bundle as I have too much else to play already. But $4? Seems rude not to.
    I'm not saying anything meaningful here but I always had a feeling TTM would show up in a HIB sooner or later. There's one running and they'll probably add a game later, why not TTM ?
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    I'm not saying anything meaningful here but I always had a feeling TTM would show up in a HIB sooner or later. There's one running and they'll probably add a game later, why not TTM ?
    They didn't add a game to the last HIB if I remember correctly

Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    Because it's an RPGmaker game. The devs have stated that they can't port to Mac or Linux without completely rewriting the engine.

Isn't that one of those promos in the vein of "Enter for a free chance to win!"? According to a commenter you only get a copy if you bungee-jump and win the subsequent lottery.

I'd still go bungee jump if I had the chance, though.