Page 268 of 594 FirstFirst ... 168218258266267268269270278318368 ... LastLast
Results 5,341 to 5,360 of 11865

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Not very well advertised on Steam, and I suppose most active players will already have these, but Steam is running a 50% off sale for "all three Award-winning The Lord of the Rings Online™ Expansion Packs in a single purchase! This includes the Mines of Moria™, Siege of Mirkwood™, and Rise of Isengard™ expansion packs." I'm not sure if there are any non-Award-winning expansions that you might miss out on if you buy this package, but it seems quite a bit of content for €18,49.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    Origin has a Battlefield 10 year anniversary sale. All BF titles (except BF3 Premium and, oddly, BF 1942) are reduced. BF3 costs 99 SEK for me, that's about 9.40 or $15. Enough for me to finally budge and start an Origin account. However, EA doesn't seem to want my money, seeing as they won't let me start an account..

Quote Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
    They didn't add a game to the last HIB if I remember correctly
    For the Android 3 bundle, the entire Android 1 bundle was given away. FWIW this is a "flagship" bundle, not one of the side offerings, for the last of those they added 3: Braid, SMB and Lone Survivor, which of course for most people really translate to just 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Kodeen View Post
    Because it's an RPGmaker game. The devs have stated that they can't port to Mac or Linux without completely rewriting the engine.
    Good reasoning, I do seem to recall they already released a Linux port that was basically wrapped in Wine, though I can't remember which one, off the top of my mind. Granted, it was met with a predictable explosion of rabid whining, so they might not want to go there again, but still, one can dream :)
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodeen View Post
    Because it's an RPGmaker game. The devs have stated that they can't port to Mac or Linux without completely rewriting the engine.
    Is it HIB policy to not feature Windows only games?

Activated Node
    Maybe RPGmaker is Windows only?

Greenmangaming.co.uk / com has this code GMG20-AWDF9-Q1PEY, which is valid until the 25th, to get 20 % off a lot of games.

With the additional 10% they're offering off Borderlands 2, I was able to buy it at 36 euro, which is a lot cheaper than current steam price :)

Note: GMG just gives you a steam key, so no third-party downloadery stuff going on. The way I like it. :)

Thinking about picking up XCOM pre-order as well with that 20% off.
    Last edited by Forceflow; 20-09-2012 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanbuoy View Post
    Is it HIB policy to not feature Windows only games?
    I wouldn't call it a policy. It's more like their hallmark, but it comes down to the same thing. I remember people complaining about some HIB Linux games running in an emulator instead of natively, so I imagine it would leave many people very unhappy to find a HIB containing a game that doesn't run on Macs or Linuces.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanbuoy View Post
    Origin has a Battlefield 10 year anniversary sale.
    I only play single-player, and have played all the Call of Duties to death. With that in mind, is the single-player campaign of Battlefield 3 worth $10?

Quote Originally Posted by F. Lynx Pardinus View Post
    I only play single-player, and have played all the Call of Duties to death. With that in mind, is the single-player campaign of Battlefield 3 worth $10?
    That would be a no. The multiplayer is great, the single player is scripted, linear and dumb (terrorists with dubious accents at large).

Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    I remember people complaining about some HIB Linux games running in an emulator instead of natively, so I imagine it would leave many people very unhappy to find a HIB containing a game that doesn't run on Macs or Linuces.
    <OT>
    It's not even an emulator, if the game has been tested and optimized to run in a Wine wrapper, the performance is basically the same as native, way better than a crappy console to PC port. That's why I called it whining.
    </OT>
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    <OT>
    It's not even an emulator, if the game has been tested and optimized to run in a Wine wrapper, the performance is basically the same as native, way better than a crappy console to PC port. That's why I called it whining.
    </OT>
    I remember hearing a lot of complaints about the Wine-wrapped Limbo port for Linux, but I don't know if that one actually ran well or not.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Anyone fancying Torchlight II - Gamersgate are matching the Steam 4-pack for 44.99 (UK) which is 11.25 each (14.99 normally) - the GG keys optionally register on Steam so it's better for people who hate that - lots of blue points for the buyer too!

http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DDB-T24P...-4-pack-bundle

I'd be up for a copy if anyone else is keen!?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Try and get an IGN prime milker to get that 15% off. When i add it to my basket it goes to 38.24
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by makute View Post
    Maybe RPGmaker is Windows only?
    It is, but after the Wine port of Limbo being included in HIB, I don't see an issue with the guys from Freebird Games doing it, especially if there's no other option.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Try and get an IGN prime milker to get that 15% off. When i add it to my basket it goes to 38.24
    Is there a difference between the UK site and the .com site??
    Because in the .com site the 4-pack is 60$ and after the IGN discount I get $50.99

Yeah, the difference is that $ being cheaper than you are actually getting a better deal.

Activated Node
    Well of course :)
    But I'm asking since I can order from both sites on the same user, haven't seen any restrictions (well, at least for me).
    And although sometimes I see UK-only sales, it's usually cheaper on the .com site.

But is there a difference cd-key wise?

There's likely no diference CD-key wise. The possible problem, and I have no idea if it happens, is that some sites require a billing addres of the region you are ordering from. But even on that case one can be gotten from the Smuggling ring.

For the Gamersgate Torchlight 2 4-pack, I'd be willing to be the buyer. I'd just like to know that there's 3 other people ready to purchase before I commit. Payment would have to be via PayPal (that's how I'd be paying and I'd like it to go back to there.) I'm from the US and would be buying on the US site. I've never gifted pieces of a 4-pack via Gamersgate, but I have via Steam. I'd hope that it's equally easy.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    GoG is running an Atari weekend with a heap of Atari PC games at 60%. I'm almost surely going to grab Silver, but I see they also carry Outcast. I've never played it, but everything I've heard of that one makes it sound like a damn good game. Should I?

Edit: I'm an idiot and forgot to provide a link.
    http://www.gog.com/en/promo/atari_weekend_promo
    Last edited by Rauten; 21-09-2012 at 07:35 PM.