Page 270 of 569 FirstFirst ... 170220260268269270271272280320370 ... LastLast
Results 5,381 to 5,400 of 11378

Thread: PC Bargains

Right, I broke down and got Master of Magic, Darklands and Colonization. Next weekend I can go for the Cryptic Comet sale - I'm glad he's got that on for a reasonably long time.
    "Harry uses the One Ring to defeat Magneto and save the Rebellion!"
    With thanks to RaveTurned in comments on the main page.

Well, just bought Total annihillation and rollercoaster Tycoon 2 for my crappy laptop.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizardry View Post
    Darklands is a good open world sandbox RPG, with a text-based interface for all non-combat interactions. Combat is real-time with pause before it became famous, but with a lack of spell casting due to being historical fantasy (set in medieval Germany).
    What with the combat being real-time and the combat graphics being a muddy, pixelated mess due to the game's age, how playable is it really?

Star Control 1+2 is also a good deal for the second game alone. It may not be the most hardcore of games but it's still quite fun meeting all the different alien races and exploring space.
    It's worth noting that the free "Ur-Quan Masters" version of Star Control 2 is probably your better bet for playing that particular classic.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    What with the combat being real-time and the combat graphics being a muddy, pixelated mess due to the game's age, how playable is it really?
    Very. Combat isn't particularly time consuming unless you're in a dungeon, but even then the graphics don't hinder it because it's not really very tactical. You just need to learn to gang up on certain enemies, attack from behind as often as possible, and target the biggest threats first. There's really no special abilities or spells to complicate things, so it's easily very digestible.

It's worth noting that the free "Ur-Quan Masters" version of Star Control 2 is probably your better bet for playing that particular classic.
    Oh yeah, good point. I keep forgetting about this.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    If anyone's on the fence about Darklands, it might be worth reading Hentzau's reflections over on the Scientific Gamer.

Certainly enough to persuade me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorzan View Post
    Well, just bought Total annihillation and rollercoaster Tycoon 2 for my crappy laptop.
    Just bought Total Annihilation too, but it starts up as a black screen with sound. :-( Tried to fix it by running it in window mode, but now it just won't run at all. Yay... Will try again tomorrow. >.<

Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    My maths says that without the IGN discount it's $14.99 a copy ($59.95/4) which is under 10/just over 11EUR (depending on the rates PayPal are doing atm)

With the IGN thing it's $12.74 a copy which is under 8 and just under 10EUR - again depending on rates...

Even without the discount that's cheaper than a UK/EU 4 pack by some margin - with it, it's half-price! :)
    I have the IGN discount (just checked). If that's the "coupon" that TaroYamada is referring to, then yes, I have it.

Does someone know, will I be dispensing codes via email? Or does everyone need to have a GamersGate account and I'll be gifting it to them? I'm willing and able to do either one, but anyone participating should keep it in mind.

So I see trjp, maybe TaroYamada, and maybe Winged Nazgul. We should take this to private messages. trjp and I are definate and whenever I have 2 more people that say they're definate, whoever they are, we'll get it done. First come first served.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Janek View Post
    If anyone's on the fence about Darklands, it might be worth reading Hentzau's reflections over on the Scientific Gamer.

Certainly enough to persuade me.
    There's also a recent Darklands retrospective by Josh Sawyer (Obsidian) and an interview with the designer over here.

Quote Originally Posted by Oak View Post
    I actually agree that people shouldn't buy Armageddon Empires, since it will undoubtedly prove too much of a timesink, eating into what is, for many, an already hectic late-year gaming schedule. Blinding players to new releases with the white light of its brilliance. Avoid at all costs.

On a more serious note, everything (except new stuff and preorders) in the Rise of Flight store is 50% off.
    I'd like to throw in another vote for Armageddon Empires being fantastic, and anybody that doesn't have it should get it from this Comet sale.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Solium Infernum is completely useless unless you happen to have a regular gaming group (that enjoys this type of game) to play it with, as the AI can't play the game at all.
    Lungs are completely useless unless your planets atmosphere contains the right mix of gasses.

*Points at RPS Solium Infernum forum*
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    By way of an update - Celt kindly used his IGN discount to get a US ($ priced) 4-pack of TL2 from Gamersgate and as one of the recipients (based in the UK) I can confirm that the keys work 'across the water'.

Recipients will need a GG account I think - you either 'accept' the gift into your existing account or create a new one - but then all you need is the key as the game appears to be Steamworks anyway? (No obviousl download option in GG so I guess there's no 'non-Steam' version, despite what the shop says?)

Bottom line to me - having paid Celt with PayPal - is I got a copy of TL2 for 8.18 - even a Steam sale won't get that low until maybe Christmas? :)

Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    Yeah, I prefer a steam version anyways and the GG 4-pack key worked for me as well.

Thanks again, Celt.

Quote Originally Posted by Space Indaver View Post
    Hey, everyone: Outcast and Desperados 2. That is all.
    Desperadoes 2 over the first one? I'm curious why.

Lesser Hivemind Node icupnimpn2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by celt View Post
    So I see trjp, maybe TaroYamada, and maybe Winged Nazgul. We should take this to private messages. trjp and I are definate and whenever I have 2 more people that say they're definate, whoever they are, we'll get it done. First come first served.
    I want in if TaroYamada doesn't...

Activated Node
    Any other kind US RPS'er (with IGN 15%) up for a Torchlight II 4-pack? I could buy as well but only at EU/UK price which would bring the individual price down to €12 / 9.6.

Activated Node
    We've completed a full cycle: Pride of Nations - $2.5 (or a little more if you cannot buy from the US GamesGate site) for less than a day.

Network Hub
    Celt, I'm in. What do you need?

EDIT: Ugh, looks like I'm a few hours too late. If anyone else here wants to buy a (Torchlight) four pack and is looking for a member, count me in.
    Last edited by karthink; 23-09-2012 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by karthink View Post
    Celt, I'm in. What do you need?

EDIT: Ugh, looks like I'm a few hours too late. If anyone else here wants to buy a (Torchlight) four pack and is looking for a member, count me in.
    I want to, but we'd need somebody with the IGN discount to get the $12.75 price. Counting icupnimpn2 that makes 3 of us, we just need somebody with the IGN discount to buy.

Network Hub AlonePlusEasyTarget's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TaroYamada View Post
    I want to, but we'd need somebody with the IGN discount to get the $12.75 price. Counting icupnimpn2 that makes 3 of us, we just need somebody with the IGN discount to buy.
    You call? At least I can get the $2.6 in Blue Coins.

EDIT: Bought! Come and get it!
    Last edited by AlonePlusEasyTarget; 23-09-2012 at 08:33 PM.
    7:03 AM - Alone + Easy Target: sscscccccacescsqaqdsqsqqsqqqeeeeeeeeeeeseesqecccee eeeedsssssssssqeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeq
    7:03 AM - The Player of Games: Play by email, FPS edition

Steam|Last.FM

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by AlonePlusEasyTarget View Post
    You call? At least I can get the $2.6 in Blue Coins.

EDIT: Bought! Come and get it!
    Lovely. Sent you a pm.