Page 280 of 594 FirstFirst ... 180230270278279280281282290330380 ... LastLast
Results 5,581 to 5,600 of 11866

Thread: PC Bargains

Obscure Node
    If you've already used the 25% gmg code for either xcom or dishonoured you can get a decent price here:
    http://www.pcworlddownloads.co.uk/
    XCOM is £23.49 & Dishonoured is £24.99.

Makes me wish i'd got dishonoured through gmg instead of xcom now!

Fow those wary i've used them a couple of times and it's like gmg - you get a key to stick into steam. Not had any probs

Obscure Node
    ^^ should also add saints row 3 is £3.99 on there!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    This is going to be available next Sunday on Amazon:
    This is a great bundle and I hope it allows people to enjoy the underlooked wonder that is The Last Remnant, of which I am a great proponent.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodeen View Post
    Risen 2 is fairly mediocre. It's still very much a PB game, so if you're a huge fan you'll still probably have fun, but I would rank it as their worst (yes, lower than G3).

However, apparently all of PB's other games are also on sale, either Risen 1 in the Risen franchise sale or the Gothics in the daily deal. It sounds like you've played the Gothics, if you haven't played Risen 1 than I highly recommend, it's quite good.
    Gothic 3 really pissed me off, even with the patch. I don't know it just got kind of dull. I didn't really get a sense of anything progressing - just rather boring characters and mundane quests with alot of trekking through hostile territory. I don't mind hostile territory actually but everything and their mom - including boars - can gore the hero. Ridiculous. Gothic 2 was even worse from what i recall.

Is Risen a more modern take on all this? Is 2 better than 1? Which to get? Are the quests and sense of discovery better?

Quote Originally Posted by hamster View Post
    Gothic 3 really pissed me off, even with the patch. I don't know it just got kind of dull. I didn't really get a sense of anything progressing - just rather boring characters and mundane quests with alot of trekking through hostile territory. I don't mind hostile territory actually but everything and their mom - including boars - can gore the hero. Ridiculous. Gothic 2 was even worse from what i recall.

Is Risen a more modern take on all this? Is 2 better than 1? Which to get? Are the quests and sense of discovery better?
    If you didn't like G2 then you're probably best steering clear of PB's catalog, since that game is widely considered to be their best. Risen is basically a modern take of G1/G2, yes, so the things you didn't like in G2 are probably in Risen as well. Risen 2 is a bit easier, and the flow of the game is more linear than their other games, so you might like it. Definitely try the demo first.

Network Hub
    Steam's sale for the weekend seems to be all the games published by Focus. Seeing the 75% off I was actually thinking of picking some things up until I saw the prices. It seems they've marked things UP before applying the discount.

For instance, the Game of Thrones RPG was definately NOT £45 yesterday. Or ever on Steam. Cheeky really.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    The Game of Thrones RPG is 75% off only bundled with that strategy.

That GoT 75% bundle deal is the same price it was in a recent Steam promo. I'm waiting for the inevitable 75% or more off on just the GoT RPG (don't want Genesis) in the Christmas sale which will take it to £7.49 or less. It's not as though I'm likely to play it before 2013 anyway...or most likely 2014 with my track record on Steam Xmas sale backlogs.

I sort of want Genesis. I'm aware I'll play it for like two hours, but still... The power of brands!

Obscure Node
    Shopto.net has the RPG regularly available in both box and download for 9,85 pounds.

I think they were pretty vague though whether it is the Steam version or not (is there a non-steam one at all?). Also they don´t let you make a download purchase unless you have first purchased something in box from them (maybe there was even a two box purchases requirement, not sure). I have no first hand experience with their download service. But the shipping in the UK is free so if you have time getting the box copy in UK would all in all cost the same as the download.

Just bought Wargame: European Escalation from that Steam sale. I've waited for quite some time for it to go below €10.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Creeping Death View Post
    Steam's sale for the weekend seems to be all the games published by Focus. Seeing the 75% off I was actually thinking of picking some things up until I saw the prices. It seems they've marked things UP before applying the discount.

For instance, the Game of Thrones RPG was definately NOT £45 yesterday. Or ever on Steam. Cheeky really.
    Not just cheeky, illegal in the EU (tho applying consumer law to digital purchases probably isn't going to work).

p.s. this proves it

http://www.steamgamesales.com/Lbr41/game-of-thrones

History shows it's 'list price' was £29.99 until today - I'd raise it with them (as they're breaking the law) but they'll just hide behind some silly thing like the fact they're not based in the UK or somesuch shit.

Focus are a company who's spent years foisting shit on the gaming community anyway - that they would pull a stunt like this isn't surprising - that Steam haven't called-them-out on it is disappointing tho.

p.p.s fuck it, I raised a ticket with Steam Support asking them why they're allowing a publisher to flout the law - or even just to behave like douchebags (I used slightly more straightforward language in the email of course!)
    Last edited by trjp; 11-10-2012 at 08:14 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Worth reiterating that gog have this Pay What You Want thing for the Divinity games, where paying over the average (currently about $14) nets you Divinity 2: Director's Cut as well as the older games. The price is comparable to the Steam sale price and you get all the usual gog goodies + DRM freeness.

Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    Not just cheeky, illegal in the EU (tho applying consumer law to digital purchases probably isn't going to work).

p.s. this proves it

http://www.steamgamesales.com/Lbr41/game-of-thrones

History shows it's 'list price' was £29.99 until today - I'd raise it with them (as they're breaking the law) but they'll just hide behind some silly thing like the fact they're not based in the UK or somesuch shit.

Focus are a company who's spent years foisting shit on the gaming community anyway - that they would pull a stunt like this isn't surprising - that Steam haven't called-them-out on it is disappointing tho.

p.p.s fuck it, I raised a ticket with Steam Support asking them why they're allowing a publisher to flout the law - or even just to behave like douchebags (I used slightly more straightforward language in the email of course!)
    It's still £29.99. The full price bundle is £44.99. For a couple of hours only the bundle was visible but now the RPG is on sale for 50% off alone.

Regarding the focus sale.

Should I buy BB:LE for $9.99 then buy BB:CE for the discount?

Or I ask someone who has BB:LE to buy the CE for me?
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

Quote Originally Posted by mnemnoch View Post
    Regarding the focus sale.

Should I buy BB:LE for $9.99 then buy BB:CE for the discount?

Or I ask someone who has BB:LE to buy the CE for me?
    I would skip CE althogether, but that's just me. All it adds are three new team rosters, of which one is half-baked (Khorne), two new Star Players (mercenaries that you can hire with certain teams), and a new pitch graphic. Legendary Edition is pretty solid and contains ~20 teams, all you really need. However, if you can find CE for a really low price, I guess there is nothing to say against it.
    Forum janitor in training.

Thanks for that.

Also is it possible for someone with LE to buy the discounted CE and gift it for me then? Or its not giftable?

Ha, the Game of Thrones RPG is 75% off - from a price of 65€. Hoping they will change that during the weekend, who is supposed to believe that?

Edit: Just realised that it's for the bundle. As I don't care for Genesis, I'm just waiting until the RPG is 66 or 75% off.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mnemnoch View Post
    Thanks for that.

Also is it possible for someone with LE to buy the discounted CE and gift it for me then? Or its not giftable?
    Looks giftable. Not tried it yet.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Looks giftable. Not tried it yet.
    Confirmed! I ask someone to buy me a CE for $10.