Page 283 of 609 FirstFirst ... 183233273281282283284285293333383 ... LastLast
Results 5,641 to 5,660 of 12161

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    I own dawn of fantasy, got it for free off a free ign prime trial bizarrely.

Never tried it. >_<
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Network Hub
    The New King's Bounty is on steam. 10% is not much of a discount, but whatever. It unlocks in 10 days.

Not sure if it's worth 25 euros, but that depende on how similar it is to Armoured Princess. We'll just have to wait for a review.

edit: link

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrki View Post
    The New King's Bounty is on steam. 10% is not much of a discount, but whatever. It unlocks in 10 days.

Not sure if it's worth 25 euros, but that depende on how similar it is to Armoured Princess. We'll just have to wait for a review.

edit: link
    Lamentably it appears to be a Steamworks game. On the up side, that means there's no reason to buy it from Steam, might as well find a nice third party discount.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Seems to be on Gamersgate for the same price at least (although you get a free copy of KB: The Legend instead of Fantasy Wars). Obviously it's cheaper if you have the IGN discount, too.

I still haven't bloody finished Armoured Princess (although my save got eaten in a hard drive failure so ehhhh)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    The description on Steam's page isn't very promising - sounds much like more of the same. I loved the previous games, but I'll wait for reviews.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Yeah it does sound a bit po-faced compared to The Legend.

Lesser Hivemind Node agentorange's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Janek View Post
    Seems to be on Gamersgate for the same price at least (although you get a free copy of KB: The Legend instead of Fantasy Wars). Obviously it's cheaper if you have the IGN discount, too.

I still haven't bloody finished Armoured Princess (although my save got eaten in a hard drive failure so ehhhh)
    Same exact thing happened to me with The Legend. As much I was beginning to like the game, the first 10 hours or so are really fucking banal with how little options you have in combat.

Green man gaming has a nice sale on horror games + 20% voucher.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/hot-deals/

Darksiders 2 for 20$ sounds nice, but since I'm not going to play it at the moment (X-com fills my gaming time), I'll wait a for better discount.

Still thinking about grabbing dead island for 8$.

You can also get The Darkness 2 for $6.

The only thing that stopping me to purchase it is my backlog with XCOM, TL 2 occupying most of my gaming time.
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

Every time GMG puts Metro 2033 on the 2,5€ tag I'm about to buy it with credit. Then I remember I wouldn't be able to play for more than one hour before having a nervous breakdown.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Gamersgate are doing 30% blue coin cashback on Assassins Creed 3 pre-orders. If you have the IGN discount, that works out at paying just under £30 and getting about £12 back in credit. S'quite nice if you're interested in AC and use GG more than once in a blue moon.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Adding the ign discount(given as blue coins I think) that's very reasonable.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Lesser Hivemind Node Spider Jerusalem's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    the ign discount is a straight 15% reduction in dollar/pounds/euro price (and a subsequent reduction in the amount of blue coins since it's a flat 5% of the purchase price).

with the ign code the game runs me about $43 with $17.70 or so coming back in blue coins. not a bad deal at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    25$ is more than reasonable :).
    Thanks for the tip!

Amazon price-matched Steam on the Sleeping Dogs $25 weekend sale. I combined that with the SQRLUVOC coupon to get the game for $19. Amazon then gave me a key that I used to install the game on Steam.

Edit: is there any DLC I should pick up or all they all horse armor?
    Last edited by F. Lynx Pardinus; 18-10-2012 at 10:18 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    The hi-res texture pack for more pretties (and it's free), but other than that no, not really. The paid DLC seems split between repetetive sidemissions ("here have some more streetraces despite the fact they're rubbish"), horse armour, and outright cheats (actual, literal pay to win XP bonuses and such).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Similar's Avatar
    Not a great bargain, but I was pleasantly surprised to see Unity of Command pop up on Steam. It's 25% off until the 24th.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Already used the 25% off key, can't be arsed to set up a second account. If anyone's willing to buy me Sleeping Dogs, I'll spot you $20. PM me here.

[edit]Scratch that. I forgot I have a sister who uses mac and that GoG now lets her legally play some of the games we grew up with on her mac legally. Yay barter system![/edit]
    Last edited by gundato; 19-10-2012 at 03:24 AM.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorzan View Post
    Every time GMG puts Metro 2033 on the 2,5€ tag I'm about to buy it with credit. Then I remember I wouldn't be able to play for more than one hour before having a nervous breakdown.
    or noticing that all the levels are thinly disguised trenches/corridors and the enemies are irritating bullet-sponges and the cut scenes are sometimes 'hidden' quicktime events and - you're better off without, believe me.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    or noticing that all the levels are thinly disguised trenches/corridors and the enemies are irritating bullet-sponges and the cut scenes are sometimes 'hidden' quicktime events and - you're better off without, believe me.
    "Irritating bullet-sponges"? Ranger mode, my friend.

What sort of killed the game for me was the levels where you needed the gas mask. In a game that was very much about sneaking and discretion (at least in ranger mode), I don't see the point of forcing the player to rush because Artyom goes through 45 filters per minute. Yes, it adds an extra layer of tension to the game, but mostly it was just annoying. One time, the game autosaved when I was on my last filter and I had to leg it, gasping for air, several times just to reach the next filter (I died a few times because Artyom took too much time putting it on).

It really is a shame, because I really liked the game but I couldn't stand those levels. It's one of the most tense, atmospheric shooters I've played and it had some truly awesome ideas. Give me a Metro without surface levels and I'll play it to bits.

EDIT: On another bargain-related note, I got Theme Hospital from GOG for $3. It doesn't have quite the same apocalyptic feeling as Metro, but at least it doesn't feature gas masks. As it turns out, even though GOG says it's English only, all the other languages are there if you tweak a config file. Brings back beautiful memories.
    Last edited by Fanbuoy; 19-10-2012 at 04:35 AM.