Page 286 of 571 FirstFirst ... 186236276284285286287288296336386 ... LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,720 of 11409

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
    Just got an email from Green Man Gaming, not exactly a bargain per se but they give you cash back in cash or credit when you preorder Bioshock Infinite - €49.99

"Pre-purchase from Green Man Gaming and get either cashback or creditback as a reward! Dollar users have the choice of $15 credit or $10 cashback, and Euro users have a choice of €9 credit or €5 cashback.

*Currently not available in the UK, Japan, or Russia. We are not able to offer this title in Burma, China, Cuba, Iran, N. Korea, Sudan, Syria, or Venezuela. Vouchers are not valid on BioShock Infinite."

So not available for UK folk, because they have dropped from the EU or something it seems. The credit brings the price down to €40.99 in euro land, which doesn't seem a great deal, but if you use that credit on the site, you could get something for free on the site, like "a game of dwarves". Which is tempting. It may be a better deal in US.
    Going by the prices they'd end up giving away something like 20 credit or 15 cashback. That's a fair whack of credit/change to be going towards another new game.

Doesn't sound great anyway, I'd expect better deals closer to release.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Total War Battles: SHOGUN 0.75, steam activation mandatory.

http://www.gamefly.co.uk/Download-To.../#.UIadj8XA_ng
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    Hell yeah - it may ramble a bit but I find a lot of the 'side' discussions here actually sell me the game - that's why I read this thread really.

There's loads of places I can go if I just want an introvenous feed of cheap games, after all - it's games and coaxing reasons to play them that we get here :)
    I actually thought that was more the purpore of this thread: finding deals AND giving an opinion on the games. Especially as so many of the games are less well-known or little indie things. Finding the deal itself is often the easy part seeing as there are websites for that very purpose and all the digital distributors are happy to notify you anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    I don't get this threadtopicnazi nonsense -we're on a gaming forum and we're talking about games - no-one is forcing you to join in or listen or read it or whatever...
    I actually think he just posted a response meant for another thread, and then proceeded to edit it out.

Amazon has a Bioshock bundle for 7.49$. There's something I understand though, it says:

This version of the game utilizes both Steam and Securom DRM to activate and play this game after purchase.
    There is no mention of Securom on Steam's storefront page.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0083W649I

edit: figured it out, Securom is listed as hidden DRM for Bioshock 2.
    Last edited by alms; 23-10-2012 at 09:08 PM.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

First off, I know this have been asked 2 or 3 times before but for the life of me I cant find it in the forum. (The search result only brought out the thread not the specific post)

Im new to the Assassin Creed series, if I were to buy only 1 game, which do you recommend?

--------------------
    In case someone ask why I post it here:

Assassin Creed and Canadian Indie Bundle is the midweek madness deals.

Canadian Indie Bundle:
    -Capsized
    -Dungeons of Dredmor
    -HOARD
    -Shank
    -Shank 2
    -Space Pirates and Zombies
    -Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

Most people recommend Ass Creed 2 as the game to play.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mnemnoch View Post
    First off, I know this have been asked 2 or 3 times before but for the life of me I cant find it in the forum. (The search result only brought out the thread not the specific post)

Im new to the Assassin Creed series, if I were to buy only 1 game, which do you recommend?

--------------------
    In case someone ask why I post it here:

Assassin Creed and Canadian Indie Bundle is the midweek madness deals.

Canadian Indie Bundle:
    -Capsized
    -Dungeons of Dredmor
    -HOARD
    -Shank
    -Shank 2
    -Space Pirates and Zombies
    -Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
    Ass2 or Ass2 Brotherhood. They are the best of the series. Revelations (?) is really just a way for people who followed the series since 1 to get some closure on Altair and Ezio.

I suggest avoiding Ass1. It had potential, but the execution was VERY flawed in that they didn't want Altair to be super-powerful, but he was anyway (counter trumps ALL). With Ass2, they acknowledged that players could easily be homicidal maniacs, improved the combat DRASTICALLY, and gave you actual incentives to use stealth (rather than attempt to restrict your combat ability).
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    They improved the combat in AC2? News to me.

Anyway, AC2 is the better game and you should start there most likely, but if you can play through the repetitiveness of AC1 then do it, it actually still feels like an assassination game rather than the adventure type games the newer ones do.

Thanks for the reply guys.

If I play AC2 will I be missing some important story? The reason why I only want to buy 1 game is I'm going to vacation sometime in Nov. then when I come back I guess Ill be able to buy the other titles in Christmas Sale.

I guess Ill just avoid AC1 as it might put me off the series if its that bad.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    AC1 has the best atmosphere and story. The cities and countryside are glorious, straight out of Kingdom of Heaven.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Thanks for the reply guys.

If I play AC2 will I be missing some important story? The reason why I only want to buy 1 game is I'm going to vacation sometime in Nov. then when I come back I guess Ill be able to buy the other titles in Christmas Sale.

I guess Ill just avoid AC1 as it might put me off the series if its that bad.
    It's probably best to not dwell too much on the story. I mean the individual tales of Altair and Ezio are fine, but all the sci-fi crap surrounding it is completely laughable. I still have no idea why they didn't drop all that shit and just spend time with various assassins through history as they oppose the Templars.

Fortunately it doesn't get in the way too much.

Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    I suggest avoiding Ass1. It had potential, but the execution was VERY flawed in that they didn't want Altair to be super-powerful, but he was anyway (counter trumps ALL). With Ass2, they acknowledged that players could easily be homicidal maniacs, improved the combat DRASTICALLY, and gave you actual incentives to use stealth (rather than attempt to restrict your combat ability).
    I found counter to be OP in Ass2 as well. And those big brawls with lots of npcs just allowed you to one shot shank everything in your way while their mates stood around waiting for their turn.

My opinion is that AC1 has the best story, AC2 has the best setting and AssBro has the best gameplay. I think AC2 is my favourite. It has a good scope and nice variation of scenery as well as good gameplay and a decent story.

Don't worry about the over-arching(?) story, it's mostly just an annoying interruption. I'd recommend buying AC2 and watching a summary of AC1 on Youtube if you're interested.

So I wont be missing much if I skip AC1 and just play AC2?

So I wont be missing much if I skip AC1 and just play AC2?
    Nope. Not unless you're interested in the setting, in which case I recommend it. I liked it, in spite of its shortcomings.

Thanks then.

Ill just start with AC2 then maybe in the next sale Ill pick up AC:B

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    As I said, best assassinations/individual missions :(

What? Im about to click that buy button. :(

Can I play AC1 after AC2 then? Im just afraid that playing AC1 will put me off with the series due to that repetitiveness.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    What? Im about to click that buy button. :(

Can I play AC1 after AC2 then? Im just afraid that playing AC1 will put me off with the series due to that repetitiveness.
    I guess I'm one of the resident Assassin's Creed fanboys, because I love the overarching story. That said, I still think 2 it the best of the bunch overall, and Brotherhood for the GREAT multiplayer. Don't bother with Revelations, it's Brotherhood but not so good. I would recommend playing AC1 first, but if you want just one go with 2.
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?