Page 287 of 594 FirstFirst ... 187237277285286287288289297337387 ... LastLast
Results 5,721 to 5,740 of 11865

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mnemnoch View Post
    What? Im about to click that buy button. :(

Can I play AC1 after AC2 then? Im just afraid that playing AC1 will put me off with the series due to that repetitiveness.
    I won't lie it is very repetitive but the repetition lasts about 15-20 minutes if that between really good unique assassinations. That and there is unskippable dialogue and cutscenes but that shouldn't be a problem if you're on your first run. D

AC2 is a safe bet, but AC1 is worth the risk IMO especially for that price.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Definitely get AssCreed 1 and 2, but play 2 first. Then if you enjoy it and want more, go back and play 1. I reckon that's the best way of doing things based on what the majority say/think. Personally I had a great time with 1 and have finished it on both 360 and PC, but will happily say 2 is the better game.
    Later on you can think about picking up BroHood and Revs.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Yeah, I also really like the overall plot of the AC games. I don't like BEING Desmond, but I love learning about Desmond's world

And AC1 is pretty much all build-up to two revelations that are included in the intro to AC2. All you'll miss out on is characterization of Altair and Kristen Bell

And yeah, counter is overpowered in the entire series. But Ass2 is what started making other choices viable. In both games, the best thing you can do is be super stealthy, a fast free-runner, and a master of counters (possibly with the hidden blade). But Ass2 made it a point to make other styles feasible while still encouraging you to take the "perfect" route.

Its the difference between a game like Stunt Man where there is only one correct route and a game like Gran Turismo where there is a "correct" route, but you can still deviate to a good degree.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Thanks for all the tips.

I went ahead and bought AC2. Hopefully they will have a sale again when AC3 comes out or in holiday sale.
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

I'm keen for all the Steam sales this Christmas... not long now :D

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar
    I'm trying not to think about Valve's annual pillaging of my wallet. I have spent entirely too much money on games already this year.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    They had a Halloween sale in 2010 and 2011. Hopefully they'll have one now too.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Assassin's Creed sale is WEAK SAUCE, unless you are after the earlier titles. In which case be sure to check out the AssBro multiplayer which is a beautiful thing, stressful and relaxing but not based on twitch skill.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Assassin's Creed sale is WEAK SAUCE, unless you are after the earlier titles. In which case be sure to check out the AssBro multiplayer which is a beautiful thing, stressful and relaxing but not based on twitch skill.
    I prefer my AssCreed games on the console so by the time I've finished AssBro, AssRev will be discounted enough for me to buy it.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    I prefer my AssCreed games on the console
    I do absolutely play with a pad, but... Wait, is this the old "best played on the sofa" argument from Alan Wake?

Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    They had a Halloween sale in 2010 and 2011. Hopefully they'll have one now too.
    While I don't recall whether there are Halloween sales, there's normally a Thanksgiving sale, isn't there?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    I do absolutely play with a pad, but... Wait, is this the old "best played on the sofa" argument from Alan Wake?
    Can't speak for Alan Wake (don't have an XBOX) but I agree that the AssCreeds are best played with a TV, or at least a big honking monitor. The games are very movie-esque (in the good way) so, for me at least, I find it more immersive to not be sitting in a chair, wearing headphones, and about 3-4 feet away from the monitor.

Basically: However you prefer watching movies (that isn't a theatre, unless you have access at which point I want your babies) is how you should play AssCreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jams O'Donnell View Post
    While I don't recall whether there are Halloween sales, there's normally a Thanksgiving sale, isn't there?

I vaguely recall a halloween sale, but there are definitely thanksgiving/black friday/cyber monday sales.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    I vaguely recall a halloween sale, but there are definitely thanksgiving/black friday/cyber monday sales.
    http://store.steampowered.com/news/6618/

2010 Halloween's sale was a proper good ol' sale, the 2011 one was a mini sale focusing on certain terror/costume themed games, like several survival horrors, costume quest and a few other games. I think they will do a mini sale this year as well, and a proper sale for Black Friday/thanksgiving.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Thank god I get paid soon..

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Looking back at the games I bought in the last Steam Sale - I've played almost none of them - so I think I'm hoping for 'no sales' - mind you, my wishlist is pretty bare-bones...

I'd take a supercheap Dark Souls just so I can get annoyed at it again perhaps - otherwise it's cheap Borderlands 2 and I'll ahve to wait for that, I guess.

I have to post this somewhere, it's hilarious.

Bioshock Infinite - Industrial Revolution:
    A Flash-Based, Bioshock Infinite-Themed, Puzzle Game, Exclusively Available With Pre-Order

can be found on the new Bioshock's steam site. I don't usually do this, but: LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    Looking back at the games I bought in the last Steam Sale - I've played almost none of them - so I think I'm hoping for 'no sales' - mind you, my wishlist is pretty bare-bones...

I'd take a supercheap Dark Souls just so I can get annoyed at it again perhaps - otherwise it's cheap Borderlands 2 and I'll ahve to wait for that, I guess.
    Dark souls will be $20 @ Amazon in sunday
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

Quote Originally Posted by mnemnoch View Post
    Dark souls will be $20 @ Amazon in sunday
    Quote Originally Posted by Google
    20 US dollars = 12.4719 British pounds sterling
    so after tax like 15? Thats pretty tempting.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    Thank god I get paid soon..
    Thank GabeN I'm broke.
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Flickr, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?