Page 29 of 608 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129529 ... LastLast

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Notables from the day's Direct2Drive sale are

X-Com complete, $4
    Supreme Commander Gold, $5
    First two Brothers in Arms, $2.50 each

Network Hub
    Hmm, can I get an unbiased opinion on how well the X-Com games hold up these days? I don't mind dated graphics, but if the interface is something I constantly have to wrestle with or if there is some really aged, poorly designed gameplay etc it might put me off...

You won't have to wrestle with it. You'll just have to spend a few minutes learning what all the unlabeled, untooltip'd buttons do.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    X-Com hasn't really aged, mostly because nothing else has really taken it on. If you have any experience with tactics games, the battles will be fairly intuitive. The global strategy will be harder, but I'm sure an hour of play with a couple throwaway games will set you up. Basically you want to keep the world governments happy and funding you, research the alien stuff you find, and manufacture the stuff your research discovers. Here's a decent wiki.

Also, the original 2 are
    HARD.
    MOTHER.
    FUCKERS.

You WILL go against an alien force that will mind control your dudes, have them fire rockets into a crowd of your own soldiers, and then lie down on their own grenades. You WILL have soldiers turned into zombies. You WILL die.

All part of the fun!

"Hidden Movement" is one of the most nerve-wracking phrases in gaming history...

Banned
    the original xcom isn't that mean, but the second one is really fearsome

Blood Bowl (Dark Elves Edition) is $5.00 USD on Impulse (think it was mentioned before) .
    Also, Bulletstorm is $15.00 USD on Impulse (!). For those like me waiting until it was cheap here it is.

Both deals expire at the end of today (Sunday, 31JUL).
    "Unix is user friendly. It's just selective about who its friends are.

Network Hub
    Once again the Bulletstorm deal is not available in the UK someone really doesn't want me to buy this game

Quote Originally Posted by Kablooie View Post
    Blood Bowl (Dark Elves Edition) is $5.00 USD on Impulse ...
    Rather pick up the Legendary Edition so that you can play in the RPS leagues. I learned this the hard way *sadface*
    "You go up to a man, and you say, "How are things going, Joe?" and he says, "Oh fine, fine couldn't be better." And you look into his eyes, and you see things really couldn't be much worse. When you get right down to it, everybody's having a perfectly lousy time of it, and I mean everybody. And the hell of it is, nothing seems to help much." - Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    Green Man Gaming has the lowest price for Deus Ex Human Revolution that I've seen - currently $34 with this code:

FACEB-JULY4-20PEC ... expires Monday I think.

It uses Steamworks so you'll be able to activate it on Steam.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    SWAT 4: Gold is $5 on Direct2Drive today, which is their last day of summer sales.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Giaddon View Post
    SWAT 4: Gold is $5 on Direct2Drive today, which is their last day of summer sales.
    THIS IS AWESOME.
    Seriously get all over this game, its irrational games peak so far in my mind.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Similar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    THIS IS AWESOME.
    Seriously get all over this game, its irrational games peak so far in my mind.
    Agreed. SWAT 4 is excellent (and sorely needs a sequel).

Big new sale just up at Gamersgate. Only looked at the first couple of pages but...

Precursors - 2.50
    Jagged Alliance 2 Gold - 0.49
    Xenus II White Gold - 1.25 (I've been waiting for this come down to a good price but that's just rudely cheap...)
    Mac version of Splinter Cell Conviction - 1.87 (weirdly the PC version is also on discount but is 9.98)

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Running through the list now. Seems like they've not taken last week's off the list yet, which clutters things a bit, but nevermind. An awful lot of things for less than a quid. Blimey.

Edit: Both Ground Controls for fourteen pence! What the hell.
    Editedit: No wait they're adjusting the prices. Whaaaat.
    Last edited by Janek; 01-08-2011 at 11:35 AM.

Tropico 3 is currently 98p though whether it says like that remains to be seen.

Edit: Lume is 57p, Syberia 88p

Edit: All corrected now.
    Last edited by ComradePenguin; 01-08-2011 at 01:13 PM.

I hate to disappoint anyone but Precursors has just gone back up in price to 9.97 / 50% discount. It most definitely was 2.50, 20 minutes ago! I can only think that some screw ups must have been made on discounts when it first went up.

Just got my transaction through quick for Xenus II at 1.25 in case that's another mistake... Gamersgate is very slow right now though.

Aww, they fixed Evil Genius too. If was around 50p for a while there.

Also the Mac version of Splinter Cell: Conviction is marked dow to $2.50, but the PC version is staying at $20. Weird choice.

Nice! Got Syberia for $0.32, it's back up to $2.50 now. Xenus is back up to $15 too, glad I grabbed that cheap.
    Last edited by Mana_Garmr; 01-08-2011 at 12:43 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Theatre of War 3 - 78p
    Death To Spies: Moment of Truth - 63p

Be quick though, they're fixing the prices. JA2 was 50p but just went back up.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    epic screw up there.