Page 290 of 571 FirstFirst ... 190240280288289290291292300340390 ... LastLast
Results 5,781 to 5,800 of 11409

Thread: PC Bargains

Everyone owes it to themselves to play the Walking Dead, now discounted on steam too ofc. Just started it, bought from the summer sale. It's chilling, almost makes me cry and succumb to the bottle. Just like R.R. Martin books. I don't want to continue but I have to know how it all ends.
    Twitter! Occasional impressions on random sim games.

Origin sale. If you didn't hate their guts enough already, you have to play an idiotic flash game before you can see the sale page
    http://store.origin.com/store/eaemea...uct_page_en_GB

Not much of note here but worth mentioning that The Secret World is 12.49, which is tempting me greatly even if I only get the free month out of it and no more. Mind you I have a 3 day trial on my Funcom account I think (if it's still working) that I haven't used up yet, I should probably do that first.

Other than there's Battlefield 3 Premium Edition for 22.49 (that's the base game with Premium) which about as cheap as it's even been if you were feeling inclined to jump into BF3 MP with all the new maps and haven't yet.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    I've already got 2 games out of it, They Bleed Pixels and Condemned: Criminal Origins.

And, much to my shame, Trains vs Zombies 2 is actually tempting, because it's a stand alone, and according to the store page, it supports multiplayer. It just seems so silly!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Orcs Must Die 2 looks fairly interesting. I enjoyed the first instalment, but I'm a bit wary of games that go out of their way to market their co-op mode. It often ends up being pretty much mandatory instead of another option when it comes to beating some of the later game challenges.

Now in this case it seems opinions are quite divided. Eurogamer noted that "Try tackling these stages solo on anything above Apprentice difficulty and you tend to get creamed." GameInformer claimed that "You could blast through normal difficulty in a single dedicated day, but hard mode (which is well worth playing, rather than being a tacked-on nod to hardcore fans) is another story. [About co-op:] The normal and hard modes are both so much massively easier with a buddy that the otherwise enjoyable sense of tension is gutted."

Any thoughts from the RPS-crowd?
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    I've already got 2 games out of it, Condemned: Criminal Origins.
    I enjoyed that game. I was disappointed that the sequel was console-only.

Quote Originally Posted by F. Lynx Pardinus View Post
    I Am Alive, worth $12? Or wait for a future, deeper sale?
    I found the game to be extremely annoying and frustrating gameplay-wise. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tritagonist View Post
    Orcs Must Die 2 looks fairly interesting. I enjoyed the first instalment, but I'm a bit wary of games that go out of their way to market their co-op mode. It often ends up being pretty much mandatory instead of another option when it comes to beating some of the later game challenges.

Any thoughts from the RPS-crowd?
    Coop is purely an option, single player is perfectly well crafted. Indeed, they are balanced individually. I suggest trying the demo, but really its up to whether more Orcs Must Die (more maps, many more traps, lots more items) sounds like a good thing.
    I played it for many hours and I'm far from done with it, not even played a moment of coop.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SirDavies View Post
    I found the game to be extremely annoying and frustrating gameplay-wise. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
    Ok, thanks!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Remembering my ign discount I got fear 3 off gamersgate for 2.75.
    It can be as B-movie as it likes for that little.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

GG has a better Halloween sale than Steam in my opinion, including Alan Wake and Cursed Mountain.
    http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/halloween

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Coop is purely an option, single player is perfectly well crafted. Indeed, they are balanced individually. I suggest trying the demo, but really its up to whether more Orcs Must Die (more maps, many more traps, lots more items) sounds like a good thing.
    It does sound like a good thing, and an individually balanced solo and co-op mode is exactly what I wanted to hear.

Ugh, another Steam sale I failed to resist!
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I'm also in the "wooo - nothing I want" position - with ALL of the sales!!

I still have almost 20 things in my Steam wishlist too - it's just they're either never discounted or I've long-since lost interest...

I did buy Guild Wars 2 tho and, frankly, it just overwhelmed me to the extent I just went back to working on stuff instead (I have 3 games and a book to finish and the coffee is low).

Activated Node
    I don't know whether to be sad or happy but I've reach point of over-purchased such that any of the game I'm kinda interested in in the sales I already have. Not that I have played any of them

Quote Originally Posted by dhlt25 View Post
    I don't know whether to be sad or happy but I've reach point of over-purchased such that any of the game I'm kinda interested in in the sales I already have. Not that I have played any of them
    I'm sadly in a similar position.

Obscure Node
    There's a decent size Steam Halloween sale going up over at, you know.... Steam.

I just bought Rage for a friend, I hope he doesn't murder me for it; that game just got such mixed reviews.

Oh, and I'm new here, HELLO WORLD :P

Opinion Time I think:

Has anyone experienced Dungeons Gold Edition? Last I heard it was "will only disappoint you if you've already played Dungeon Keeper", is that still the case?

Is Dead Island worth $10? I know it wasn't the game a few people thought it might have been from the video, but is it a solid melee/semi-open-y zombie killer?

The Walking dead worth grabbing for $15?

And is there an american around who could let me know what the price of Dead Space 2 and Alice: Madness Returns is for them? (I'm in nz, so all the prices are listed in USD, but they still tend to apply the silly price inflation - ds2 is listed as $17.50, and Alice is $12.50)

Dead Space = 4.99
    Dead Space 2 = 4.99
    Dead Space Pack = 9.99
    Alice: MR = 4.99

-------------------

Divine Anthology is out now in steam. If you own Divinity 2: DKS you will get the developers cut for free.
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

Obscure Node
    Halloween sale on steam right now.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheelz View Post
    Opinion Time I think:

Has anyone experienced Dungeons Gold Edition? Last I heard it was "will only disappoint you if you've already played Dungeon Keeper", is that still the case?

Is Dead Island worth $10? I know it wasn't the game a few people thought it might have been from the video, but is it a solid melee/semi-open-y zombie killer?

And is there an american around who could let me know what the price of Dead Space 2 and Alice: Madness Returns is for them? (I'm in nz, so all the prices are listed in USD, but they still tend to apply the silly price inflation - ds2 is listed as $17.50, and Alice is $12.50)
    Walking Dead is worth far more than $15, in my opinion. Don't hesitate on that one :)

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelz View Post
    Opinion Time I think:

I easily got more than $10 worth of gaming out of Dead Island. I thought the game was fun and didn't experience any bugs worth mentioning. I played it late so it could be that thay managed to fix most of the problems, or I just got lucky. The weapon deterioration can be a hassle, but as long as you have a weapon or two as back-up it shouldn't be a problem.

Steam says I clocked 43 hours on the game. I did pretty much everything there was to do in the main game, but felt kind of done afterwards and haven't touched any of the DLC. Co-op is fun but it felt a bit laggy to me. Also, the drop in/drop out system is good, but it can be a tad annoying at times too. I'd say it's best to play with a friend (as with pretty much any coop game).