Page 307 of 544 FirstFirst ... 207257297305306307308309317357407 ... LastLast
Results 6,121 to 6,140 of 10864

Thread: PC Bargains

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    LewieP just posted today's best (possibly the season's best) Amazon Deal

NFS: MW - $19.99

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008D7EYWC/...K0Y03BA36QF2PF

Anyone know if US-sourced codes will register on EU Origin tho - they might just be awkward like that!?
    Thats a great deal and its repeated on Monday according to CAG forum

I bought Alice and Kingdoms Of Amaluer from Amazon US and had no issue with EU Origin at all

Quote Originally Posted by F. Lynx Pardinus View Post
    I have a possibly stupid question--does the DLC for Mass Effect 3 ever go on sale at Origin? DLC goes on sale at Steam, but I know very little about Origin.
    I can't recall any of the ME2 or ME3 DLC ever being on sale anywhere. If they do, it's extremely rare.

Quote Originally Posted by eRa View Post
    I can't recall any of the ME2 or ME3 DLC ever being on sale anywhere. If they do, it's extremely rare.
    Ok, thanks, that's unfortunate.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    I've never seen a sale on any Bioware DLC.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eRa View Post
    http://savygamer.co.uk/2012/11/23/ma...logy-pc-19-99/ some me2 dlc in that trilogy.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    The DLC in that pack is all free with new copies of the respective games except for Pinnacle Station.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    I think the discounts out at GG and GMG for Dishonored suggest it's almost certainly going to appear on Steam with a 'better' discount over the w/e...

That said - 11.25 from GMG is ridiculously cheap

13.99 for Borderlands 2 at SimplyGames is also looking hard-to-beat right now too...

Amazon also have Steam beaten on some of the non-front-page stuff - esp Sega titles (so long as you're not paying currency fees perhaps!?)
    "Yes Dishonored is a good game, but is it really worth me buying for 11.25 when I could maybe get it for 9.60?"

These are the DLCs that were always available to all new copies of ME2.
    The real story DLCs, most notably Shadow Broker, are still held hostage by the evil Bioware Points.

Edit: Didn't reload the page, was responding to Heliocentric.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by F. Lynx Pardinus View Post
    I have a possibly stupid question--does the DLC for Mass Effect 3 ever go on sale at Origin? DLC goes on sale at Steam, but I know very little about Origin.
    There was a time a while back when the Bioware site went strange with it's Bioware Points packages, allowing you to buy 15 worth for 5. It was never advertised though and felt like more of a mistake on their end. Regardless it meant I was able to pick up Shadow Broker, The Arrival, Kasumi, Overlord for ME2, and I can quite happily say that none of them are worth full price and probably not the accidentally reduced price either.
    I love the ME games and ME2 is probably my favourite, but all the DLC was just so uninspired. Especially Shadow Broker which people were talking up as an example of good DLC. Fuck that, ~10 for 4 hours average gameplay is not exemplary by any standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    There was a time a while back when the Bioware site went strange with it's Bioware Points packages, allowing you to buy 15 worth for 5. It was never advertised though and felt like more of a mistake on their end. Regardless it meant I was able to pick up Shadow Broker, The Arrival, Kasumi, Overlord for ME2, and I can quite happily say that none of them are worth full price and probably not the accidentally reduced price either.
    I love the ME games and ME2 is probably my favourite, but all the DLC was just so uninspired. Especially Shadow Broker which people were talking up as an example of good DLC. Fuck that, ~10 for 4 hours average gameplay is not exemplary by any standard.
    Dragon Age: Origins came with all the DLC in it's retail form a year or so after release, has this not happened with ME2 as well?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sonson View Post
    Dragon Age: Origins came with all the DLC in it's retail form a year or so after release, has this not happened with ME2 as well?
    No, and I guess it's a bit late for one to come out now. I have a feeling EA/Bioware didn't want to let any revenue get away from them this time, especially as ME is the bigger franchise so people would be more willing to jump through hoops and buy Bioware Dollars.
    I wouldn't expect to see one appearing for Dragon Age 2 either.

Even the compilation pack "Mass Effect Trilogy" doesn't include the paid DLC, hence my asking whether it ever went on sale. Geez EA/Bioware.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    "Yes Dishonored is a good game, but is it really worth me buying for 11.25 when I could maybe get it for 9.60?"
    How much value does //$ 1.65 have to you?
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Also - do you mind waiting to play it? Because if you're not planning to play it right now, you may as well wait until it's 1.99 in next years sales...

Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and buy a game - it was 40 to the people who leapt-in on Day 1 so 11 is a LOT less and 9 is barely any less anyway!?

Anuman games 60% off on GOG. Easy to forget the other sites during Steam sales.

http://www.gog.com/promo/anuman_weekend_promo_23_11_12

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Roughly 1.65, in old money, or 17 rupees new

Seriously though, if I enjoy Dishonored it will have been worth 11.25 irrespective of how cheap it is in the future, pretty much everything now costs ten pound. Ten pound for me to go to the cinema for two hours, or for just over two pints or whatever, games don't have to do much to be worth what they cost through digitial distribution these days in my opinion

New GetLoadedGo is out: pick 2 from the list for 10, 12 or 15$

Spec Ops: The Line
    LEGO Batman 2
    Civilization V: Gods & Kings
    Civilization V GOTY
    Serious Sam 3 Seriously Digital Edition
    Warhammer 40k: Space Marine

Civ V GOTY lowest recorded price is 12.49$, looks like a good deal to me.

http://getloadedgo.com
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Free Realms of Arkania 3 on GoG that I got for doing the speed test. Free to whoever figures out how to redeem it first
    D4AWEB2M
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Free Realms of Arkania 3 on GoG that I got for doing the speed test. Free to whoever figures out how to redeem it first
    D4AWEB2M
    Got it, thanks! ^^

P.S.: I'm guessing Civilization V GOTY doesn't include Gods & Kings, right? :-(

Amazon.de has XCOM for 22, not sure how many British non-euros that translates to. It's the download version, basically just a steam key.