Page 311 of 578 FirstFirst ... 211261301309310311312313321361411 ... LastLast
Results 6,201 to 6,220 of 11554

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    A discount on a Blizzard game?
    Are my eyes deceiving me? Someone pinch me, surely you jest?!
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Got this e-mail today:
    Quote Originally Posted by About that GamersGate Discount...
    Dear IGN Prime members,

Several of you have expressed your dissatisfaction with the termination of our partnership with GamersGate and your concerns have been heard. We are always thankful for your feedback and are already hard at work finding a suitable way to compensate for this sudden retraction. We sincerely apologize for those who felt mislead by the wording surrounding the discount and would appreciate your patience as we find a way to make amends.

-The IGN Prime Team
    "Felt mislead" is certainly putting it tenderly. I mean, it was obviously too good to be true, but you can't just throw around the word "lifetime" like that.

Hitman Absolution is 19.99 from PC World Downloads. Registers on Steam.

http://www.pcworlddownloads.co.uk/pr...an-absolution/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    GamersGate have started their holiday sale proper it seems. Lots of deals plus the overarching "Buy 4, pay for 3" deal. I'm sure someone else can cover this better.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Awesome just got PoP 2008 using only blue coins.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Humble THQ Bundle is live:

"Starting at just one dollar, pay what you want and get Steam keys for Company of Heroes (and its two full-game expansions, Opposing Fronts and Tales of Valor), Darksiders, Metro 2033, and Red Faction: Armageddon! If you choose to pay more than the average price, you will also get the phenomenal Saints Row: The Third! And several of the games come with glorious soundtracks!"

Lesser Hivemind Node
    That's really good. Shame I already own all of them, but still.

Looking at this bundle almost makes me wish for more publishers getting into financial trouble.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    There's a BIT of a honey-trap aspect to it - they're clearly hoping people will but into the shedload of DLC there is for SR3 - and CoH2 - the next Metro 2033 title - and Darksiders2 with it's army of DLCs - and RFA's Path to War DLC and...

Still an amazing deal tho - but Humble Bundles sell stupid quantities at the best of times. The Android Bundles have sold staggering amounts despite largely containing games which are moody about which devices they work on and not always ideal mobile titles anyway (maybe people are really buying those for the PC versions eh?) :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    There's a BIT of a honey-trap aspect to it
    Its not a honey trap, a honey trap is where the honey isn't worth the trapage, this is more like a cheap honey trial, i wont be spending anything on saints row DLC outside of some insane-o-deal and getting the prequel cheap when a sequel is coming is good business and great for the customer.

And the honey is some of the best in its field... I've forgotten where I was taking this metaphor.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    And the honey is some of the best in its field... I've forgotten where I was taking this metaphor.
    You're a bee? Or a bear, perhaps. And THQ is the beekeeper... no, that would make the devs the bees. OK, the devs are bees and THQ is the beekeeper, and you're the honey-hungry bear, but no, that would mean that THQ would try to prevent you from getting to the games (which are the honey, of course), and this is the other way around, so ehhh... You are the connoisseur of fine honeys, and pirates are the bears! And you take a spoonful of the well-crafted game and put in your cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by Velko View Post
    so ehhh... You are the connoisseur of fine honeys, and pirates are the bears! And you take a spoonful of the well-crafted game and put in your cup of tea.
    But the honey is infinitely reproducible without cost?
    and the beekeeper spent all of his money trying to make fly honey, but it was shit.

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    I am disgusted by the two of you. Seriously. Won't somebody please think of the children?!

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoJellyfish View Post
    I am disgusted by the two of you. Seriously. Won't somebody please think of the children?!
    What are the children? Shareholders?

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    What are the children? Shareholders?
    Depends. Are we talking about bear-children or bee-children?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Children can't have honey, they'll get it on the new couch.

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoJellyfish View Post
    Depends. Are we talking about bear-children or bee-children?
    Is there some correlation between pirates or developers and shareholders? I'm thinking fly children. Shareholders eating the rotting carcass of the beekeeper (thq) who was mauled by the bear (of piracy), but only died because of the infection left by the flys turds (wii drawing game).
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 30-11-2012 at 05:38 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Just in case anyone doesn't read the Flare Path, the Strategy First thanksgiving bundle is amazing value. I'd pay the $5 for the Achtung Panzer DLC alone.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Janek View Post
    Just in case anyone doesn't read the Flare Path, the Strategy First thanksgiving bundle is amazing value. I'd pay the $5 for the Achtung Panzer DLC alone.
    What is Strategy First's website's policy? I vaguely recall them being one of the people who push for "extended download services".
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Especially considering the time of year, it might be simpler to have a thread for those games that aren't on sale.