Page 312 of 569 FirstFirst ... 212262302310311312313314322362412 ... LastLast
Results 6,221 to 6,240 of 11362

Thread: PC Bargains

Lesser Hivemind Node
    From SF's download page:

Please note, download link(s) will expire after 5 attempts.
    So yeah not ideal.

New Get Loaded thing from GetGamesGo:
    Shogun 2, Jet Set Radio, Renegade Ops, Sonic Generations, Binary Domain and AVP
    2 for 12€ or all games for 24€

http://www.getloadedgo.com/

Jet Set Radio is actually only 2,71€ at GMG.
    Last edited by Kuschelwampe; 30-11-2012 at 08:53 PM.

Network Hub
    Today on Gamersgate:
    - Splinter Cell: Conviction 2.49 EUR
    - Hitman 2 2.49 EUR
    - Homefront 4.99 EUR
    - Aliens vs. Predator 4.99 EUR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    "Nordic Games Sale" at GOG, including:

For $2.39: Chaser, Dark Fall: The Journal, Dark Fall 2: Lights Out, Aquanox, Aquanox 2: Revelation, The Nations, Gold Edition, Alien Nations, Panzer Elite: Special Edition.

For $3.99: Gothic 2: Gold Edition, Gothic 3, Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods Enhanced Edition, Painkiller: Black Edition, Spellforce: Platinum, Spellforce 2: Shadow Wars, Spellforce 2: Dragon Storm, The Guild: Gold Edition, Neighbours from Hell - Compilation.

For $13.39: The Book of Unwritten Tales
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

New discount code from Green Man Gaming

Quote Originally Posted by from their twitter
    GMG30-DEC01-ARFC9 appeared! It gives 30% off hundreds of digital games across the site, including a lot of these: ow.ly/fJEnm (pre-orders page)
    Haven't tried it to know exactly what it does/doesn't work on. Pre-orders give you a 35% off voucher to use also (although note it's only valid for 21 days).

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Its not a honey trap, a honey trap is where the honey isn't worth the trapage, this is more like a cheap honey trial, i wont be spending anything on saints row DLC outside of some insane-o-deal and getting the prequel cheap when a sequel is coming is good business and great for the customer.

And the honey is some of the best in its field... I've forgotten where I was taking this metaphor.
    Wasn't the SR3 Full Package edition just $15 in the Steam Autumn sale? That's certainly a great deal if you want to have it all, and I imagine the price will be the same in the upcoming Winter sale. Of course, if you want to help out charity... or THQ, which is itself like charity, by all means. I already own the games, but I may buy a bundle to gift them out. Besides, there can never be enough Metro 2033 being enjoyed out there in the world.

On another note, don't just write off Red Faction Armageddon. I'm in the minority that actually liked it. No, it didn't have the open world of Guerilla, but it was still fun, and the nano "rebuilding" tool was really cool. Wish they could've patched that into Guerilla :)

Quote Originally Posted by Thermal Ions View Post
    New discount code from Green Man Gaming

Haven't tried it to know exactly what it does/doesn't work on. Pre-orders give you a 35% off voucher to use also (although note it's only valid for 21 days).
    I got a bunch of games from GMG for my Steam account, both pre-orders and regular, but a ton of people including some of my friends had problems with their payments to them as well. So when I see a deal there now, I am a little reluctant to go tell people about it.
    Support Fruitbat Factory to play the best Japanese indie games in English. Our games 100% Orange Juice and War of Human Tanks are on Greenlight.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Cracked and got another copy* of Spellforce 2 on GOG, just to have a fully DRM free copy and the soundtrack (which is excellent).

For $4 it's an excellent game and, if anyone is interested in it, while some people prefer the first it's probably better to start at the sequel and work backwards if you enjoyed it. Have a Eurogamer review.

*third now

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    Cracked and got another copy* of Spellforce 2 on GOG, just to have a fully DRM free copy and the soundtrack (which is excellent).

For $4 it's an excellent game and, if anyone is interested in it, while some people prefer the first it's probably better to start at the sequel and work backwards if you enjoyed it. Have a Eurogamer review.

*third now
    Some people are insane beyond all reason. F#@K SPELLFORCE(1) its a disgusting grindy accumulative drain on your psyche. Spellforce 2 seemed fine, but I was too exhausted by the original to try it at the time.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Obligatory counterpoint that Spellforce 1 was a delightful game full of interesting things that didn't quite work right, and Spellforce 2 was just a typical RTS with most of the interesting bits removed.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NathanH View Post
    Spellforce 2 was just a typical RTS with most of the interesting bits removed.
    That matches pretty much what I heard.

Quote Originally Posted by NathanH View Post
    Spellforce 1 was a delightful game full of interesting things[...]
    I CUT YOU.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    I swear it's like saying Candyman three times to a fucking mirror.

Helio I implore you to try Spellforce 2 sometime, things happen far faster in it and the game has more soul. I also hear the coop is excellent if you're interested in such things.

Nathan while S2 did... distill some of the features of S1 I'd say it's just as much RPG if not more than the first. Maybe not in terms of player creation but far more so when it comes to loot, companions, missions/maps, plot and quests.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    In fairness it does have Professor Twiddle, who is genius.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space is pay-what-you-want from Indie Games Stand tomorrow, and for a few days after. Has anyone played it - any opinions beyond "looks a bit like FTL"?
    "Harry uses the One Ring to defeat Magneto and save the Rebellion!"
    With thanks to RaveTurned in comments on the main page.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I like weird worlds a lot, it's quite good as a game designed to be beaten in twenty minutes. I would not compare it with FTL (weird worlds has almost no mechanics).

I did play the demo quite a long time ago, I remember I liked it, and I remember it works very differently than FTL. I also remember it being funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Pertusaria View Post
    Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space is pay-what-you-want from Indie Games Stand tomorrow, and for a few days after. Has anyone played it - any opinions beyond "looks a bit like FTL"?
    Although it might look that way on paper, it's not like FTL at all. Where FTL is tense and intense, hard, tactical and as such demands a great deal of micromanagement, Weird Worlds is casual fun, designed to be played over a coffee or lunch break - actual gameplay is pretty light, it's more about the sense of discovery and exploration of taking a trip around the galaxy.

You choose the duration of the adventure at the beginning of each game, and try to make it as far as you can, but always bound to go back to your home planet before time runs out - nothing bad happens if you're late, except your score is reduced.

If you like the sound of this, I'd definitely recommend it.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

OK, will probably give it a go. It's nice that the two are so different. Thanks, all!
    "Harry uses the One Ring to defeat Magneto and save the Rebellion!"
    With thanks to RaveTurned in comments on the main page.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Pertusaria View Post
    OK, will probably give it a go. It's nice that the two are so different. Thanks, all!
    Weird worlds is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by TomxJ View Post
    Weird worlds is amazing.
    Yes, yes. It is.
    My actions are in no way born out of some sort of Darwinist offensive
    I just get a bit fidgety times
    Steam