Page 317 of 544 FirstFirst ... 217267307315316317318319327367417 ... LastLast
Results 6,321 to 6,340 of 10862

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    So I've been after Rayman Origins since I mothballed the Wii - already have Driver, don't really want AssRev and therefore it's between Settlers 7, M&M 6 and Anno for the other game.

Which is the bigger skinner box? I'm a sucker for unlocks and other such gubbins - oh and macromanagement, no fiddly stats, just big sweeping Strategies plz :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    GetGames normally supply games with their own pre-installer which requires a code before it will install the game - so they could easily do that AND install/update/require UPlay as well...

UPlay doesn't - AFAIK - have a 'code' system like Steam so you can't just 'add' a game to it anyway - e.g. they have to give you a download of some sort and that would be effortlessly piratable without some 'code' system.

When I got AC2 from Gamersgate I had to download it from them, install that and it picked-up and 'installed itself into' my existing UPlay setup - unless things have changed, I'd guess that's what's going to happen here too.

Note: I then uninstalled AC2 and it remains in my UPlay library of course - I can reinstall it from there in the future (or at least it appears to offer that option - I#ve not tried it). Splinter Cell Conviction also came from Gamersgate - same deal, it's now a UPlay title...

Do Steam-purchased Ubi games require UPlay also?
    I can (unfortunately) confirmed this, nearly botched my Assassin's Creed 3 installation because I couldn't just plug the key in there and download.

As for Steam Uplay games, they are treated differently, since they don't appear directly on the games page of Uplay. You can download them as much as you want on Steam, and then redeem them on Uplay, but they won't appear on the library, you have to launch them through Steam itself.
    Steam
    Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Quote Originally Posted by somini View Post
    As for Steam Uplay games, they are treated differently, since they don't appear directly on the games page of Uplay. You can download them as much as you want on Steam, and then redeem them on Uplay, but they won't appear on the library, you have to launch them through Steam itself.
    To add to this, the steam uplay games all appear in the uplay library togeather, but the none steam uplay games don't, and vice-versa. It's weird.

Lesser Hivemind Node internetonsetadd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
    Miner Wars 2081 is cheaps on Green Man Gaming - 3.86

with < GMG25-CZPYL-D5MQ6 > voucher its 2.90
    I wasn't totally sold on the gameplay and the always-online DRM is a bummer, but for that price, for a Steam key, I'll check it out. I've been curious for a while how this would turn out, just not $24.99/19.99 curious.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    I don't supposed anyone who wants one game from that Get Loaded deal would want to split it? I'm only really interested in Anno.

Lesser Hivemind Node squareking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
    Miner Wars 2081 is cheaps on Green Man Gaming - €3.86

with < GMG25-CZPYL-D5MQ6 > voucher its €2.90

Linkage: http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/ie/e...ner-wars-2081/

You can get a steam key by registering and following the promts on the miner wars website.
    http://www.minerwars.com/Register.aspx
    Where are the prompts? I bought 2081 on GMG, registered, and...got punted to the main 2081 page with no details on keying.

edit: derp! Easy enough. For those interested, after registering, go to your profile page, then Enter Serial Key (provided by GMG) on the left to redeem. Then check the Steam Key link.
    Last edited by squareking; 08-12-2012 at 09:15 AM.
    steam

Quote Originally Posted by Edlennion View Post
    Anno's DRM is annoying but not always-on. It has a launcher, which launches UPlay, which launches the launcher, which launches the game, which requires you to log in. A bit of a hassle, but after all of that you can play offline (you don't get access to the Ark when offline though, as it's contents are synced with Ubi's servers)

Edit: just to clarify, you can play offline without logging in, there is an offline mode, but you still have to go through all the launchers
    Thanks, that clarifies things for anno. Annoying, but not a deal breaker. I think they said a while back that they would be getting rid of always-online DRM for everything, but the word on the steam forums seemed to be that it was still there for settlers 7, the last time i checked.

*edit*

Continuing the notional topic of the thread, Flotilla is 1.99 (75% off) on gamersgate today. It doesn't seem to go on sale very often, so maybe worth snapping up. Would anyone recommend it? I do like me some homeworld/nexus: jupiter incident, etc.
    Last edited by qizarate; 08-12-2012 at 11:36 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by qizarate View Post
    Continuing the notional topic of the thread, Flotilla is 1.99 (75% off) on gamersgate today. It doesn't seem to go on sale very often, so maybe worth snapping up. Would anyone recommend it? I do like me some homeworld/nexus: jupiter incident, etc.
    Flotilla is really quite odd (as are all that developers games tbh) - it relies just a BIT on potluck and can be frustrating at times but it has some lovely ideas (there's another description of all their games!!)

There's a demo on Steam - I'd recommend you try it tbh...

Obscure Node
    Ravaged is 1.87$ as a part of a daily deal on gmg, you need to use the voucher GMG25-CZPYL-D5MQ6 to get that price.
    www.greenmangaming.com/s/il/en/pc/games/action/ravaged/?gmgr=qecuzoge
    played the beta of this game and it was quite enjoyable, though it was not very populated.
    I hope this sale will draw more people to the servers.

Network Hub
    Not sure if this has been posted yet. Total War Bundle on amazon.com will set oyu back $23.75. Included:
    - Empire: Total War
    - Medieval II: Total War
    - Napoleon: Total War
    - Rome: Total War - Alexander
    - Rome: Total War - Gold
    - Total War Battles: Shogun
    - Total War: Shogun 2 Rise of the Smurai
    - Total War: Shogun 2 Fall of the same
    - Total War: Shogun 2
    - Viking Battle for Asgard

I haven't played any of them, but from what people say on RPS, it could be a good deal.

Lesser Hivemind Node internetonsetadd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marklar View Post
    Ravaged is 1.87$ as a part of a daily deal on gmg, you need to use the voucher GMG25-CZPYL-D5MQ6 to get that price.
    www.greenmangaming.com/s/il/en/pc/games/action/ravaged/?gmgr=qecuzoge
    played the beta of this game and it was quite enjoyable, though it was not very populated.
    I hope this sale will draw more people to the servers.
    After the similarly priced sale on Steam, and now this, one would think at least enough people to fill a server would be playing this. I did. There aren't. 11 people were online. The server browser automatically picked a server for me with no one in it. I tried connecting to another server populated with one person, and the game crashed.

It's the top-selling game on GMG today, and it ranked fairly well during the Steam sale. Yet no one actually plays it. The gameplay looks at least serviceable for 2 dollars. Running around an empty map shooting at inanimate objects felt pretty nice; there was a good sense of movement. It looks pretty. What is so dreadfully wrong with this game that no one plays? I have no reason to load it up again, but maybe crashes are typical. Poor game.

Edit: the Internet tells me crashes are a common issue that the dev has been promising to address with an update for a while now. I've seen a few people mention that switching to 64-bit Windows is a solution, and indeed 64-bit is listed in the recommended specs. Hilarious. Meanwhile, apparently they've got (free) DLC coming out on the 20th. Also hilarious. I'll bet those 10 other people playing are really looking forward to it.

After applying a temporary fix for the server browser showing empty servers, I got into a game with the other 10 people online. Then the game crashed when switching maps. I think I see the problem here.
    Last edited by internetonsetadd; 09-12-2012 at 09:20 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Lifting this ENTIRELY from Reddit but people here may not have seen it.

Muve are a major Polish games company (their version of GAME) and they're having a DD sale - we're on Day 3 (sorry - we're late with this) and someone has done a guide on how to buy stuff there.

You need plastic - you will pay currency fees as their items are in Zlotys but they are CHEAP and you get a Steam Code so the only potential issue is if the game is region-locked for some reason (this may especially apply to Germans I guess??)

Details here

http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/co...3_steam_games/

Guide to all the Polish bits here

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/59397071/civ5guide.jpg

I'm going to risk Ridge Racer Unbounded I reckon - it's as-cheap from ShopTo (physical copy) but I'm GabeN's whore so...

p.s. Dawn of Magic and Konung 3 appear to be completely free if you sign-up - but all the bumf is image-based and so Google won't translate it...
    Last edited by trjp; 09-12-2012 at 07:38 PM.

Ubisoft has that 10 € discount thing again:

http://shop.ubi.com/

UBIPGW10
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    Ubisoft has that 10 € discount thing again:

http://shop.ubi.com/

UBIPGW10
    doesn't seem to work for me

I'm not interested in the deal myself so I can't say anything more but this is the source:

http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/co...gain_works_in/
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

It works, but the french store is a hell of a lot more expensive lol. I was just checking if I could get any games for free, but the game I wanted was 30€ (10 in the non-french shop).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    I'm not interested in the deal myself so I can't say anything more but this is the source:

http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/co...gain_works_in/
    Do not believe his lies; Alms divined the sale down to the minute in the splayed entrails of a tortured black sheep 13 years 'fore this day. The haruspex then howled the true name of the Deal God, revealed only to the most wretched practioners, and gorged himself on savings until the day his dark prophecy would be revealed to the unwitting populace.

http://www.gameholds.com/dark-souls-...pc-cd-key.html Here's a ridiculously good deal on Dark Souls; SavyGamer lists their deals on its site so I take that as a sign of legitimacy. It worked, at any rate, and the icing on the cake was a thankyou message a few days later that included "In order to let more gays know our site and do a better service for you and other gays, we would like to ask you to give us a good review on the site below," which is just lovely.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwilym View Post
    http://www.gameholds.com/dark-souls-...pc-cd-key.html Here's a ridiculously good deal on Dark Souls; SavyGamer lists their deals on its site so I take that as a sign of legitimacy. It worked, at any rate, and the icing on the cake was a thankyou message a few days later that included "In order to let more gays know our site and do a better service for you and other gays, we would like to ask you to give us a good review on the site below," which is just lovely.
    It's nice of them to think of the gays. Great deal all the same.

Dark Souls will be cheaper in two weeks. I hope!