Page 319 of 579 FirstFirst ... 219269309317318319320321329369419 ... LastLast
Results 6,361 to 6,380 of 11574

Thread: PC Bargains

The thing holding me back from purchasing XCOM is not the price but the missing free aim, respawning/teleporting aliens and little variety in maps.

Death Rally 90% off for you facebookies:

https://www.facebook.com/Deathrally/app_245405195585499
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

The GOG holiday sale starts tomorrow, apparently, so expect a whole bunch of stuff to be discounted (Source).

Conveniently this coincides with my final deadline, so I'm hoping to finally pick up Grimrock and have a nice weekend filled with beer and graphing paper.

I also happened to notice that DROD: Gunthro and the Epic Blunder (which is either a brilliant/horrible name for a game - i can't decide which) is PWYW on indiegamestand. The Deadly Rooms of Death series is pretty well thought of, so maybe worth checking out. Tigsource review here.
    Last edited by qizarate; 11-12-2012 at 05:03 PM.

Ha, so apparently Amazon has a "Late-Breaking Deals" page where they list their daily price-matches to Steam et al sales. Currently, the games on the page are the Steam Midweek/Daily deals.

When is a not-a-deal actually a deal? When it's a permanent 50% reduction in RRP to celebrate a new distributor.

http://www.desura.com/games/dominions-3-the-awakening

I paid $60-equivalent for it, and it's worth it. Unsure? Read this: http://lparchive.org/Dominions-3/

It has everything and the kitchen sink. Except graphics.
    Mumble :: Thread :: Click to Join

Quote Originally Posted by Nullkigan View Post
    Also sound, its truly awful.

GET IT!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nullkigan View Post
    When is a not-a-deal actually a deal? When it's a permanent 50% reduction in RRP to celebrate a new distributor.

http://www.desura.com/games/dominions-3-the-awakening

I paid $60-equivalent for it, and it's worth it. Unsure? Read this: http://lparchive.org/Dominions-3/

I'm probably not an 18.99 customer, I wouldn't want to sully the playerbase.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    I'm probably not an 18.99 customer, I wouldn't want to sully the playerbase.
    Ha ha ha. Too true :p

Seriously though, it is about damned time. I still think 30 bucks is a bit high, but it is in the "They are idiots and are taking advantage of a comparatively small pool of possible alternatives" as opposed to "Wow... what the hell is wrong with these people?". And I have no problem with that.

I just hope the developer can handle the sudden influx of non-elitest people needing technical support!! :p
    I'll personally wait until a sale though. I want to sully the userbase as much as possible with my dirty self. And I have too many strategy games to play already. But mostly I want to be a dirty girl.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    I'll personally wait until a sale though.
    Me? I'm waiting for the PWYW bundle.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    I have no idea what that game is and have little interest in it.

Does that make me a hobo?

Lesser Hivemind Node frightlever's Avatar
    If you got Conquest of Elysium in the recent bundle, is Dominions 3 worth investigating for the SP only?

Quote Originally Posted by frightlever View Post
    If you got Conquest of Elysium in the recent bundle, is Dominions 3 worth investigating for the SP only?
    This is second hand information but seemingly, no... Its mp is glorious though.

Arma 2: Combined Operations - Steam version
    https://store.bistudio.com/arma2-com...-steam-version
    Direct from the developers, that's the one you need for Day Z and to play with RPS peeps in soldier mans..

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by frightlever View Post
    To start with, it's a much better game than CoE. The AI is not particularly smart but as long as you don't take advantage of some strategies it can't deal with like superpowered heroes, it puts up a decent fight and then loses, which isn't a bad thing for an AI to do. There is a good mod available that prevents the AI from recruiting crappy chaff units it finds in its conquered provinces, and that makes it field more competitive armies. I only play it single player and I enjoy it. It depends on what proportion of games you want to lose in a strategy game; the AI will not beat you that often.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Lesser Hivemind Node frightlever's Avatar
    I'm finding CoE plenty more-ish, but maybe lacking depth. Hmm. I'll hold off until I see if I really get bitten by CoE. Thanks for the responses.

GOG's holiday sale has begun. Almost every game is discounted and you can get a nice Bullfrog collection for 11.92$.

Additionally, Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Edition (Win and Mac) is free for everyone.
    Last edited by Maurish; 12-12-2012 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Made a correction.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurish View Post
    GOG's holiday sale has begun. Almost every game is discounted and you can get a nice Bullfrog collection for 11.92$ or you can buy what you like separately for only 1.49$.

Additionally, Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Edition (Win and Mac) is free for everyone.
    Looks like they will be doing daily bundles like today's Bullfrog one, so the rule that applied to Steam sales now applies to this. Wait until the last day to get what you want, should it turn up in a daily deal.

GMG daily deals

75% off Batman AC: GOTY
    66% off Risen 2: Dark Waters

you can apply an additional 25% voucher GMG25-CZPYL-D5MQ6

or 35% voucher WINTR-SRVEY-42012 (one time use only)

-------------

AMAZON

Oh also, this Friday we'll have Syndicate for $5 for those who missed it and every Serious Sam THING we carry for $10. This includes all the DLCs. For 2 hours.

Cheers,
    Tony
    Last edited by mnemnoch; 12-12-2012 at 10:18 PM.
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

Gamersgate has East India Company plus expansion packs for 2.74 sterling for the next eight and a half hours. I don't know how good it is, but it at least looks interesting.

Also from Gamersgate, if you know anyone who would really like the Europa Universalis games but doesn't have any of them, the EU collection at 30 pounds is probably a good deal; I just have a hard time imagining a friend who would definitely love the games but doesn't already have a sizeable chunk of the pack. I also don't know how the older games have aged / been replaced by EU III.
    "Harry uses the One Ring to defeat Magneto and save the Rebellion!"
    With thanks to RaveTurned in comments on the main page.

Quote Originally Posted by Pertusaria View Post
    Gamersgate has East India Company plus expansion packs for 2.74 sterling for the next eight and a half hours. I don't know how good it is, but it at least looks interesting.
    From the information I've gleaned, it could be better to focus on its spiritual successor, i.e. Commander: Conquest of the Americas.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Lesser Hivemind Node internetonsetadd's Avatar
    I already had Dungeon Keeper 2, so GOG subtracted $1.49 from the price of the Bullfrog bundle. Fancy that. I figured at best I'd get a giftable copy.