Inquisitor
    Legend of Grimrock
    Geneforge 1 - 5
    Torchlight
    &
    The Real Texas

all 75% off at $3.74 each.
    For those wondering, here are my thoughts on Inquisitor:

REALLY engaging storytelling, so-so story, horrible combat. It is a clickfest where you gobble potions non-stop and have to click tiny brown enemies against dark brown backgrounds. And if you accidentally click your ally, you trigger dialogue and have to close that before reacquiring your enemy. Also, this is definitely the kind of game where you need to pick specific features of your builds to progress (you NEED certain spells to advance).

But considering how much fun the actual Inquisition aspect of it is (I LOVE questioning townspeople), I'll eventually do a run where I just cheat myself to a high-level at the start and give myself (effectively) infinite potions to speed through the combat.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    GetGamesGo has one of their GetLoaded deals up here

http://www.getloadedgo.com/

Any 2 from Borderland, Batman AA, Total War Empire, Total War Napoleon, Alpha Protocol, Deus Ex Human Rev, Civ IV Complete, Mafia 2, Fear 3 (Partick Thistle Nil), Duke Nukem Forever

for 6

and they're doing Binary Domain for 5 (similar amounts in weirder currencies?)

http://www.getgamesgo.com/product/bi...omain?20121214

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Oh and Muve.pl continue to offer super-cheap games (they're a proper shop and NOT a code seller) but there are hoops to be jumped

Reddit has the skinny here http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/co..._darksiders_2/

You may need a proxy to buy - your card may be refused - you need to generate a random 'PESEL' code (Polish SSN/NSN), the Steam code you get is almost certainly international tho (Germans might want to be wary) - today is Darksiders II/SR3 Complete for about $9 ea

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post

Any 2 from Borderland, Batman AA, Total War Empire, Total War Napoleon, Alpha Protocol, Deus Ex Human Rev, Civ IV Complete, Mafia 2, Fear 3 (Partick Thistle Nil), Duke Nukem Forever

for 6

Get this bundle and get civ 4 complete for civ colonisation and play multiplayer with me, obviously dxhr,Batman AA and Alpha Protocol are "must play" stealth throat punchers too.

Fear 3 is a great game when you replay levels as the (unlocked after playing as point man) glorious psychic cannibal Paxton Fettel.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    I've always been interested in Colonisation, but only ever played Civ V. Can you jump into it, or should you play Civ IV first?

Quote Originally Posted by Woundedbum View Post
    I've always been interested in Colonisation, but only ever played Civ V. Can you jump into it, or should you play Civ IV first?
    Civ IV: Colonisation is a remake of Sid Meier's Colonization, so I'm not sure playing Civ IV would be that helpful. Just go for it.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    It plays differently from Civ. Its much more about goods and trade than conquering and researching. Jump into it, its good but you need to put some time into it to get the hang of it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Amazon has The Secret World (non-Steam downloadable) for 15$ during this weekend.
    If you were ever intrigued by the game, this might be your best shot at it, since they just removed the need for a subscription

It's tempting buy GMG had it for 4 or so recently, so I think I'll wait.

Quote Originally Posted by duff View Post
    Civ IV: Colonisation is a remake of Sid Meier's Colonization, so I'm not sure playing Civ IV would be that helpful. Just go for it.
    Yeah, its called Civilization 4: Colonisation because its built off the same engine, that's the only real connection developers aside.

In Colonisation, there is no tech tree, every citizen can change rolls, move towns, become a soldier, or gather or process resources. And most importantly, you can only win by betraying and then defeating the motherland you depend on.

Your people, not your towns are important to you, getting a town burned down in Civ is annoying, losing your expert gunsmith who was walking to your newly built Arsenal(advanced factory) to a native attack in Colonisation is a horrific tragedy, that one man would have allowed you to field another soldier every 4 turns, and now you have to put iron miners and lumberjacks into the factory to make up the loss, meaning less building, and less iron (needed to make the guns).

That said, losing a border town populated by indentured servants and petty criminals hardly matters ^_^.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    How does the original Colonization compare, by the way? I've played the newer one but missed the original in its day, any reason to go back beyond nostalgia?

Crap, didn't see you guys has responded. Cool it sounds interesting and I've got a bit of an urge to play it after AC3. I've just reformatted my PC so that could be the first game to download. Now if I can just figure out Windows 8...

Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    How does the original Colonization compare, by the way? I've played the newer one but missed the original in its day, any reason to go back beyond nostalgia?
    A few mechanical differences, that change the focus of the strategies that are recommended and the old one has some quite nice pixel art. Neither game is really "better" if you ignore the graphics and high resolution support.

Been looking for Civ IV at a decent price, but any of the other games in that bundle would break my download limit single-handedly, meaning they would probably sit in the ether indefinitely. I'll be in town tomorrow, so I'll see if there's any chance of a physical copy at a similar price before facing the guilt of buying something I'll never even install.
    "Harry uses the One Ring to defeat Magneto and save the Rebellion!"
    With thanks to RaveTurned in comments on the main page.

Might be worth finding someone who wants a game on that list and splitting the cost?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Might be worth finding someone who wants a game on that list and splitting the cost?
    Beware if they're not Steam keys, because they'll be DRMed with limited activations and if the other person ran into an issue, they couldn't get support because they didn't buy it.

Also - download limits - are we still in the 90s?

Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post

for 6

just thought i'd chime in with which games have steam keys.

-Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition (Steam)
    -Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition (SecureRom)
    -Total War Empire (Steam)
    -Total War Napoleon (Steam)
    -Alpha Protocol (Steam)
    -Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Steam)
    -Sim Meier's Civilization IV Complete (Steam)
    -Mafia 2 (Steam)
    -F.E.A.R 3 (Steam)
    -Duke Nukem Forever (Steam)
    Lookin' 4 Indie Bundles? We track 'em! http://steamcommunity.com/groups/IndieBundleTracker

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Anyone recommend Mafia II? Poor open world game but decent linear one, that still the consenus?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Pretty much. I really liked Mafia 2 -- as a narrative, it's in a different league from most games. There's nothing to do but follow that narrative, however. The gunfights feel good, too. It's a good game and well worth $5.

Mafia 2 is not an open world game. It has a wide world around you but doesn't entice you to find every last feather or what.
    It has a linear, gripping story. I liked it a lot.