Page 333 of 579 FirstFirst ... 233283323331332333334335343383433 ... LastLast
Results 6,641 to 6,660 of 11564

Thread: PC Bargains

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanbuoy View Post
    Either way, taking advantage of these mistakes/"mistakes" is certainly opportunistic, but hardly unethical IMO.
    One can hardly blame anyone else than them, that's true. It's been going on for so long that you'd think that they would have fixed it by now.
    Last edited by El Cubo; 27-12-2012 at 12:46 PM.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Avish View Post
    If anyone is interested BL2 is also available at GMG for 21$ with code: GMG30-DPLIM-DN831
    They also have the season pass (all DLC) for 10, which is cheaper than I've seen it anywhere else, by a long-shot. The code doesn't work on it though, sadly.
    (Having said that, I'd be interested if anybody had managed to grab spare keys!)
    ...with gamersgate, I made it as far as the "pay now" button, only to be told that I couldn't get away with having more than 1 copy in my basket, and then I didn't manage to sort it before the site went down. Oh well! I read on HotUKDeals that mispricing buys aren't honoured anyway...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cubo View Post
    It's not very very sporting to take advantage of Gamersgate when they have such obvious problems of managing their site.
    It's not like they're someone's disabled son - if they paid more attention to their site, they'd have noticed their mistake but they didn't (the Bethesda deal was up for at least 8 hours before they noticed it!!) and not made it again...

Given that since that happened their 'sale' has largely consisted of things not actually on-sale - I assume they just don't give a damn - and they make the same mistake again (during a working day even!) and still don't notice!?!?

Are they 2 guys in a shed somewhere!? :?)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by thenagus View Post
    They also have the season pass (all DLC) for 10, which is cheaper than I've seen it anywhere else, by a long-shot. The code doesn't work on it though, sadly.
    (Having said that, I'd be interested if anybody had managed to grab spare keys!)
    ...with gamersgate, I made it as far as the "pay now" button, only to be told that I couldn't get away with having more than 1 copy in my basket, and then I didn't manage to sort it before the site went down. Oh well! I read on HotUKDeals that mispricing buys aren't honoured anyway...
    If you get to the checkout and they take payment details from you and confirm that - they're obliged by law to give you the product you bought - of course you're not going to sue them, but if they did that, I'd advise people to steer MILES clear of them in future.

Obscure Node
    Haha, the site's kind of half online again now, and they've kept the crazy underpricing, but simply removed the "buy" button and stuck a "coming soon" label on it. Cheeky...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Whole site seems to be down now. Well done folks, you killed GamersGate. And with only a few days until retirement too.

Wonder if this means they'll fix the double discount bug for good.

Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    Doubtful. They've done it before, they'll do it again. I'm not sure that this was a double discount though, seeing as it was down 97 %. If that was a simple double discount it was above 80 % each, by my calculations.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    Whole site seems to be down now. Well done folks, you killed GamersGate. And with only a few days until retirement too.

THey must have lost a fortune on the Bethesda deal - 17 for a 60 bundle and a load of people appear to have gotten it.

If they didn't fix it after that - who knows.

I'm less impressed by them putting things into their 'sale' which aren't, actually, on-sale. Every day since the first cockup they've "featured" games in their 'sale' promotion which weren't discounted at all!!

It's like your local supermarket saying "we had a misprice here last week so milk is now cheap at 10 A LITRE!"

GG has always been a mess during sales. If they have a week-long sale from Monday to Sunday, you can bet that on Monday morning it's all screwed up and you will only know on Tuesday what they actually have on sale and for what prices. I miss a lot of daily deals on GG merely because most of the time their frontpage either shows yesterday's deals or 0% sales.

The support is, however, excellent when something goes wrong. I remember having trouble with payments once, and they were really nice and helpful.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Of course if they didn't cause so many issues - they'd not need the support :)

They are clueless about sales - they have SO MUCH stuff 'on sale' you can hardly be bothered to check it. If you're going to do things for cheap, you need to promote it better than "in a long list" - Steam aren't perfect at this (so many hidden bargains) but GG are awesomely bad.

One of their on-site 'achievements' is to buy a really good deal - perhaps it's deliberately hard then? :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    It seems like they've completely removed the Windows 4-pack. I can only find the Mac version now which has standard price.

Okay, so the purchase went through and i now have two copies of the 4-pack in my library. No codes visible yet though. Does anyone know if I can redeem both on steam at once and thus get six or seven giftables in one go, or whether I should wait with the second until I've gifted all from the first?

Well, I'm off to IKEA for a bit. I'll see what happens when I return.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    I don't think you can activate a code and have it sent to your inventory. Either you add it to your library or you give away the key.

Okay, so the purchase went through and i now have two copies of the 4-pack in my library. No codes visible yet though. Does anyone know if I can redeem both on steam at once and thus get six or seven giftables in one go, or whether I should wait with the second until I've gifted all from the first?

Well, I'm off to IKEA for a bit. I'll see what happens when I return.
    Man, I wish I'd gotten in on that deal. Been looking for good co-op games to play with the gf. Seeing that I missed out on Borderlands 2 for that cheap sucks. D:

Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    THey must have lost a fortune on the Bethesda deal - 17 for a 60 bundle and a load of people appear to have gotten it.
    Nope. Remember, it's impossible to lose money by selling copies of software.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    Nope. Remember, it's impossible to lose money by selling copies of software.
    Except that they clearly have to pay someone else for them - either upfront or on a per-sale basis...

I doubt they have an open licence to sell them for however much they want - each key they give away will 'cost' them something...

Found this on reddit:

http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/co...sgate_stating/

I activated 3 games from the bundles, the others provide no keys.

Lesser Hivemind Node internetonsetadd's Avatar
    Yeah, it's not hard to imagine how that blunder could have been pretty damaging to Bethesda and GG. It means lost revenue for each of them, and aside from that it flooded the market with cheap keys and created a lot of fully sated buyers of Beth products, which may have had an impact on their sales elsewhere during the important Christmas season.

And since GG's servers melted and the sale was taken down fairly quickly (well, slowly, but faster than it would have been had the sale run its natural, error-free course), they weren't able to efficiently use the promotion to bring eyes to their other offerings--they burned it up all at once. They might have a lot more future customers, though.

I'd be curious to know how the conversation between GG and Beth went. Awkwardly, I imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuschelwampe View Post
    Edit: oh, snap.
    Last edited by internetonsetadd; 27-12-2012 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuschelwampe View Post
    Found this on reddit:

http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/co...sgate_stating/

I activated 3 games from the bundles, the others provide no keys.
    Crap. I have the games in my library (no codes) and haven't received an e-mail yet, but I guess it's just a matter of time. Is this legal? Can a company force a refund on paying customers? Swedish law is pretty strict in that regard I think.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Crap. I have the games in my library (no codes) and haven't received an e-mail yet, but I guess it's just a matter of time. Is this legal? Can a company force a refund on paying customers? Swedish law is pretty strict in that regard I think.
    Pretty sure this is legal. It is the same principle of them running out of stock and refunding people on orders they can't fulfill. And if you haven't obtained a serial yet, you haven't truly completed the transaction (its the same policy they use for refunds).
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.