Page 335 of 571 FirstFirst ... 235285325333334335336337345385435 ... LastLast
Results 6,681 to 6,700 of 11407

Thread: PC Bargains

Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    GMG have XCOM 50% off today - and their 30% code still seems to work so that's 65% in total - so about 10.50UK/whatever it is in funnier moniers...

I've still not played the original XCOMs so I'll pass but I thought someone might like that ;)

Yep best deal on xcom I have seen to date. $17.50 in us

EDIT: be sure to use the following coupon code to get the additional 30% off that brings it to that price: GMG30-DPLIM-DN831

Lesser Hivemind Node internetonsetadd's Avatar
    Watching the slow trickle of deals at GMG, I was sure XCOM wasn't going to be cheaper than Amazon, especially since they've excluded it from vouchers before. I was able to get it for $20 with the 2K discount, but I had to pay friggin state sales tax. The sane person in me says it's just a couple of bucks, but the bargain hunter in me wants to whine.

Edit: even GG are beating Steam on XCOM.

Copied from GMG blog:

Saturday 29th December

75% off Spec Ops: The Line
    75% off Renegade Ops
    75% off Crusader Kings 2

Sunday 30th December

85% Off Civ 5 Gods and Kings
    Last edited by internetonsetadd; 28-12-2012 at 05:09 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by c-Row View Post
    Buy more stuff.
    From the excellent card game Illuminati:

The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    FAO GG Bundlers

http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/info/holiday-sale-issue

Doesn't really address the issue that some people who've already activated keys have been refunded - I'd argue their orders had been completed/satisfied and so they were legally entitled to the goods - they were also entitled under GG's own T&Cs too, GG haven't a leg to stand on with those folks.

All this "we can't solve this because of the holidays" is nonsense, if you run an online shop you need to man it 24x7 365(6) days a year PROPERLY - not just setup some discounts and go get pissed/hope it all works.

Imagine opening a real shop and not manning it - then mispricing stufff - and then crying when people paid the price on the item!!

That they didn't notice their site being melted-down for at least 8 hours means - in my book - they have a bill coming to them (not their customers).
    Last edited by trjp; 28-12-2012 at 08:48 PM.

Obscure Node
    FAO GG Bundlers

http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/info/holiday-sale-issue

Doesn't really address the issue that some people who've already activated keys have been refunded - I'd argue their orders had been completed/satisfied and so they were legally entitled to the goods - they were also entitled under GG's own T&Cs too, GG haven't a leg to stand on with those folks.

All this "we can't solve this because of the holidays" is nonsense, if you run an online shop you need to man it 24x7 365(6) days a year PROPERLY - not just setup some discounts and go get pissed/hope it all works.

Imagine opening a real shop and not manning it - then mispricing stufff - and then crying when people paid the price on the item!!

That they didn't notice their site being melted-down for at least 8 hours means - in my book - they have a bill coming to them (not their customers).
    Meh. This whole sale period and the cockups at GamersGate seems distasteful to me. It's a bunch of people taking advantage of a clear mistake and then trying to claim a moral high ground because the business *made a mistake*.

If these are the 'bargains' you're looking for, what do you think will happen to these sites, or indeed, pc gaming overall, if this continues to happen?

Exploiting loopholes and errors to save a couple quid seems off. To then have the gall to try to justify it as their problem seems absurd. Whatever floats your boat, but your righteous indignation is ridiculous.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Or, more likely, opening a real shop and letting the IT guy take the weekend off while the cashiers still ring people up. Still not the world's smartest move, but a much more realistic (and common) scenario.

And what is wrong with their response. It is "Hey, we screwed up. Sorry about that. We will be refunding all the purchases we can, but we'll try and figure out something in exchange"? That is probably one of the best responses to have ever been made to a scenario like this. They admit fault, they are working on it, and there will be no negative repercussions for anyone except Gamersgate.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by internetonsetadd View Post
    Watching the slow trickle of deals at GMG, I was sure XCOM wasn't going to be cheaper than Amazon, especially since they've excluded it from vouchers before. I was able to get it for $20 with the 2K discount, but I had to pay friggin state sales tax. The sane person in me says it's just a couple of bucks, but the bargain hunter in me wants to whine.

Edit: even GG are beating Steam on XCOM.

Copied from GMG blog:

Saturday 29th December

75% off Spec Ops: The Line
    75% off Renegade Ops
    75% off Crusader Kings 2

Sunday 30th December

85% Off Civ 5 Gods and Kings
    All Civ V stuff now 75% off on Steam while Flash sale lasts, including Gods and Kings. 85% off will off course be a bit cheaper assuming it goes ahead, but if you're after something else Civ V related then it's there for you cheap right now

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    You can apply the 30% off coupon on top of that 85% discount.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    You can apply the 30% off coupon on top of that 85% discount.
    Cool so if you want Gods and Kings then just wait til Sunday and get it for free more or less

But if you want some DLC (you can get all of it for 2.50) Steam have good prices on that just now

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    If anyone is looking-out for Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes, the Brazilian site 'Nuuvem' is doing it for the equiv of less than 2 euros/2/$3-odd

There's a guide to the site here

http://www.steamgifts.com/forum/2t6U...guese-speakers

They take PayPal

Keys are for Steam and unless they say otherwise, they're not region locked

Site is here

http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/335...lash-of-heroes

If anyone is looking-out for Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes, the Brazilian site 'Nuuvem' is doing it for the equiv of less than 2 euros/2/$3-odd

There's a guide to the site here

http://www.steamgifts.com/forum/2t6U...guese-speakers

They take PayPal

Keys are for Steam and unless they say otherwise, they're not region locked

Site is here

http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/335...lash-of-heroes
    I keep stumbling upon that site, but keep bouncing back off it. Does anyone have any experience with it? I assume it requires registration? It's had some pretty sweet deals.

Spec Ops The Line comes to around 3.50 on GMG with the 30% off code. I'm not the biggest fan of third person shooters - I never finished Max Payne 3 as I got bored, though I enjoyed the combat in Mass Effect 3 - but I have heard all these things about the interesting story in Spec Ops, which I would like to experience (ie, I don't just want to read a story). How does the actual action compare to, for example, Max Payne, Mass Effect or (I guess) something like Dead Island?

In case someone's been thinking of getting this:

From GOG's FB page:
    "XIII, fantastic action thriller with unique cell-shaded graphics will be removed from our catalog in two days. It will NOT be removed from your accounts, but you will not be able to buy it anymore. Get it now 50% off."
    http://www.gog.com/gamecard/xiii

Lesser Hivemind Node
    re Spec Ops: The shooting is really, really mediocre. I mean it's fine if you like that sort of thing, but it's just so generic. Basically think Mass Effect except without any of the special abilities or RPG bits. Which is a shame, the writing deserves better.

(I keep hearing people saying that being a turgid cover shooter is some kind of disassembly of tropes to support the artistic vision or some such nonsense, but I think it's more likely that they are just a lot better at telling a story than game design)

Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cowthief skank View Post
    Spec Ops The Line comes to around 3.50 on GMG with the 30% off code. I'm not the biggest fan of third person shooters - I never finished Max Payne 3 as I got bored, though I enjoyed the combat in Mass Effect 3 - but I have heard all these things about the interesting story in Spec Ops, which I would like to experience (ie, I don't just want to read a story). How does the actual action compare to, for example, Max Payne, Mass Effect or (I guess) something like Dead Island?
    There is a demo on Steam.

Quote Originally Posted by Similar View Post

From GOG's FB page:
    "XIII, fantastic action thriller with unique cell-shaded graphics will be removed from our catalog in two days. It will NOT be removed from your accounts, but you will not be able to buy it anymore. Get it now 50% off."
    Good thing I bought it long ago. Totally worth it. :-D

Quote Originally Posted by AlexClockwork View Post
    Good thing I bought it long ago. Totally worth it. :-D
    yeah, I think I'll take the chance. I played the demo shortly after the game was released and vaguely remember it had some problems, but the game has sort of been lurking in the back of my mind since, so it's probably worth the 3 USD to see why it has.

Quote Originally Posted by Similar View Post

From GOG's FB page:
    Played it ages ago and I believe I liked it quite a bit. Bought it on GOG some months ago, so I'm set though.

Veering a bit off topic, why would one want to remove a game from GOG? I can't see it costing the publishers anything, and it's not like the game is generating revenue elsewhere. What is there to gain?

Also, Spec Ops is now on GOG for 3,50€ with applied discount.

It's been on my list since the RPS WIT, and since I doubt it'll get any cheaper in the next year I'll just get it now. screw the combat.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by elephant god View Post
    Also, Spec Ops is now on GOG for 3,50€ with applied discount.

It's been on my list since the RPS WIT, and since I doubt it'll get any cheaper in the next year I'll just get it now. screw the combat.
    The combat isn't terrible, I'm guilty of possibly implying it is. It's not amazing combat, but it doesn't have to be. It's well worth that price and more.