Page 341 of 604 FirstFirst ... 241291331339340341342343351391441 ... LastLast
Results 6,801 to 6,820 of 12065

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
    I bought it yesterday evening from Amazon fine(in Ireland with o2 Money card/Visa, if it makes a difference), they did put up a new page asking for me to confirm its me by putting in my credit card details. I got the discount and everything.
    I got a "no card entered" message (I checked my account details and my UK card is still there) so I suspect they changed something. Perhaps entering my card would have solved it but I can't solve that now.

It's not hard for them to simply stop purchases to non-US-registered cards in theory - but they've seemed happy with a US-based shipping address upto now...

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    I got a "no card entered" message (I checked my account details and my UK card is still there) so I suspect they changed something. Perhaps entering my card would have solved it but I can't solve that now.

It's not hard for them to simply stop purchases to non-US-registered cards in theory - but they've seemed happy with a US-based shipping address upto now...
    I was just after I click buy and get the code, I had to put into my password and a brand new screen asked me to put confirm it was me.

My "address" is San Francisco, if it makes any difference. Yours could have just been a glitch. I'll see again in a day or two when Walking Dead gets discounted a bit

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    It could also be a new system they are implementing. I know pretty much everyone has been on Amazon's ass to care about sales tax and the like, so it is possible they are now doing IP checks?
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
    Not seeing it anywhere, BUT it might still repeat on the flash sale, it was there once before I think.
    Found a place it's still on sale. Score!

http://store.na.square-enix.com/stor...rentCategoryID.

I'll probably get it later today.

Lesser Hivemind Node internetonsetadd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by johnki View Post
    Found a place it's still on sale. Score!

http://store.na.square-enix.com/stor...rentCategoryID.

I'll probably get it later today.

Keep in mind it's been about $12 a couple times on GMG, if that matters to you.
    Last edited by internetonsetadd; 02-01-2013 at 09:32 PM. Reason: quoted the wrong post

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    I bought from Amazon yesterday. No hassle, no new stuff. I'm registered in Oregon FWIW.

Quote Originally Posted by internetonsetadd View Post
    Keep in mind it's been about $12 a couple times on GMG, if that matters to you.
    I'm aware. It was going to be $16.50 on Steam if it won the community vote.

But at this point, it's either take that sale price (which ends today) or risk not getting it on sale.

I'm aware. It was going to be $16.50 on Steam if it won the community vote.

But at this point, it's either take that sale price (which ends today) or risk not getting it on sale.
    Honestly: It isn't that good of a game. I would wait for the sale price and play other stuff if it loses.

Also, don't forget that the last day of a Steam sale is usually "best of". So it might pop back up.
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Honestly: It isn't that good of a game.
    Yeah, this part is a hard sell considering I played the demo and have formed my own opinions and was just looking for a decent sale price (of which I'd say 50% off is decent). Personally, I really like it. And even if the story falters a bit, I feel that the action is pretty badass, if a bit easy once you start to get it.

Activated Node
    I bought from amazon about 4 hours ago without a problem (NJ address).

If you have Amazon credit, three packs seems to have been added for $5 after credit; one with DNF, Darkness and Borderlands, one with the Bioshocks and DNF, and another with the Bioshocks and Spec Ops. Seems worth mentioning, since they are only $2.5 more than Spec Ops or The Darkness alone.
    Last edited by mzlapq; 02-01-2013 at 09:57 PM.

Yeah, this part is a hard sell considering I played the demo and have formed my own opinions and was just looking for a decent sale price (of which I'd say 50% off is decent). Personally, I really like it. And even if the story falters a bit, I feel that the action is pretty badass, if a bit easy once you start to get it.
    Fair enough. Just keep in mind that the game never really advances beyond the combat in the demo (and gets very gun-heavy later on).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    There's a few gun-heavy missions but it never loses the fist fighting so you'll be fine as long as you enjoy that. The guns aren't really that bad anyway, just fairly basic.

Plus it looks pretty great.

Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Fair enough. Just keep in mind that the game never really advances beyond the combat in the demo (and gets very gun-heavy later on).
    If that bothered me, I wouldn't play 90% of today's video games. :P

Lesser Hivemind Node internetonsetadd's Avatar
    It's a nice game if you want fun combat and driving with some casual stuff mixed in to break things up. Unfortunately, I wanted it to be more open-world, with more of an emphasis on crazy, feat-laden missions and greater connectivity in between. After a while it felt like I was on a nursing home tour bus being dropped off at bingo halls.

I really enjoyed Sleeping Dogs, the fist-fighting was fun and a refreshing change from all the open world shooting or magic games. Yeah, it could have been better - but what game couldn't? If you enjoyed the demo I think you'll really enjoy the full game. And for the most part I enjoyed the story too.

$2.50 for Tomb Raider Underworld in that Steam deal should not be passed up. And while I haven't played Legend or Anniversary yet, I hear they're of similar quality.

EDIT: Oh, and I see that my beloved Payday: The Heist is now one of the flash sales. Buy it, I'll respect you.
    Last edited by Oak; 03-01-2013 at 12:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Woundedbum View Post
    Can anyone else not buy US Amazon games now? If I try to buy The Darkness II using the code promo code it doesn't work and neither does any other game and I've still got a US address registered that was working fine before.
    No problem here from Germany. Just grabbed Dark Souls.

So I think I am going to pass on Sleeping Dogs for $25 after all. I don't think I still have room for a decent sized purchase.

Bearing that in mind, I noticed the FFVII re-release on the Square Enix store. I'm not entirely bothered by SecuROM (unless it's a particularly nasty implementation) as I'm already about to infect my computer in the name of playing the Arkham games. I've never actually played more than the intro to FFVII. Is it worth paying $6 for?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    So I think I am going to pass on Sleeping Dogs for $25 after all. I don't think I still have room for a decent sized purchase.

Bearing that in mind, I noticed the FFVII re-release on the Square Enix store. I'm not entirely bothered by SecuROM (unless it's a particularly nasty implementation) as I'm already about to infect my computer in the name of playing the Arkham games. I've never actually played more than the intro to FFVII. Is it worth paying $6 for?
    Eh, it's a good JRPG, but it hasn't aged particularly well imho. If you want an old school JRPG, there are better choices (though perhaps not so readily available).

Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    Eh, it's a good JRPG, but it hasn't aged particularly well imho. If you want an old school JRPG, there are better choices (though perhaps not so readily available).
    That's what I've been hearing. Thanks. I think I'll pass on it. The only interest I really had in it came from the near-universal praise of it.