Page 347 of 594 FirstFirst ... 247297337345346347348349357397447 ... LastLast
Results 6,921 to 6,940 of 11866

Thread: PC Bargains

  1. #6921
    Activated Node
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    94
    Assassins Creed III - 14.72 http://www.gameholds.com/assassin-s-...3-pc-game.html


    Looks like a dodgy site, but I paid with paypal and got my key within 15 mins. They provide a link to download the Ubisoft Download Manager, so you download the game direct from Ubisoft.


    I got the link from http://www.allkeyshop.com/blog/ which i have used a few times.


    Anyway, worked fine for me, so I thought I would share :)

  2. #6922
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Stockton-on-Tees, UK
    Posts
    2,403
    Quote Originally Posted by mnemnoch View Post
    Im interested in Disciples, as I have fun playing the first one long time ago. Any opinions in Discples III?
    I didn't think Disciples 3 was up to much but for $5 it might be OK.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

  3. #6923
    Network Hub elephant god's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    337
    Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    you could have offered me Christina Hendricks on Toast and I'd have asked for something off ;)
    what?... but... no!... did that happen to you?

    yea, the bundle thing. they already seem to be at it again, with the Jagged Alliance Bundle, and even Skydrift seems fun.

  4. #6924
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,355
    Quote Originally Posted by elephant god View Post
    what?... but... no!... did that happen to you?

    yea, the bundle thing. they already seem to be at it again, with the Jagged Alliance Bundle, and even Skydrift seems fun.
    Skydrift isn't bad - the problem is that kart games (which it basically is) had the 2D limitations and the need to get around corners wheras flying opens-up stuff and it can get a bit - well - easy...

    You really need opponents, the single-player gets a bit stuck-in-a-rut...

  5. #6925
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,355
    Quote Originally Posted by elephant god View Post
    what?... but... no!... did that happen to you?
    Yeah, she was on Gamersgate in a double pack with Nigella but I couldn't access the checkout and they refunded me ;)

  6. #6926
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The Capital of Scandinavia
    Posts
    1,106
    I Am Alive is on Nuuvem for 5 Brazilian Real=1.50 for another 1 h 40 min. I'm ambivalent, seeing as I've never used the site and the DRM isn't listed (probably uPlay, I guess), but it's unlikely that the game will go this cheaply in the foreseeable future.

    EDIT: I bought it and got a code. I figured i'd download uPlay, because I hate myself enough to use yet another Steam wannabe, and figured I'd try redeeming the code there. However, I can't seem to find where to redeem codes on uPlay. Anyone?
    Last edited by Fanbuoy; 08-01-2013 at 01:07 AM.

  7. #6927
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,355
    You can't redeem codes on uPlay - it doesn't work like that.

    What you do is install the game from the installer you should have been given - and uPlay will then spot the game *assuming it supports it) and "adopt" it, enabling you to download it from there in future.

    At least that's how it works with other games...

  8. #6928
    Lesser Hivemind Node johnki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    736
    Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    You can't redeem codes on uPlay - it doesn't work like that.

    What you do is install the game from the installer you should have been given - and uPlay will then spot the game *assuming it supports it) and "adopt" it, enabling you to download it from there in future.

    At least that's how it works with other games...
    OR...easy way...buy it through uPlay. :P

  9. #6929
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,630
    Looks like Nuuvem has a client, download it from them.

  10. #6930
    Activated Node
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanbuoy View Post
    I Am Alive is on Nuuvem for 5 Brazilian Real=1.50 for another 1 h 40 min. I'm ambivalent, seeing as I've never used the site and the DRM isn't listed (probably uPlay, I guess), but it's unlikely that the game will go this cheaply in the foreseeable future.

    EDIT: I bought it and got a code. I figured i'd download uPlay, because I hate myself enough to use yet another Steam wannabe, and figured I'd try redeeming the code there. However, I can't seem to find where to redeem codes on uPlay. Anyone?
    Yeah, normally you can only register a game to your Uplay-account after you download and install it. Turns out there is a way to do it without the downloading part though.

    Open up the Windows command line and move into the directory where Uplay is installed, the command to do it should look something like this:
    Code:
    cd "C:\Program Files\Ubisoft Game Launcher"
    Once you're inside that directory, run the following command:
    Code:
    Uplay.exe -upc_uplay_id 93
    That command will start Uplay and show you a screen with a big button in the upper left corner (I can't quite remember what it said) that, once clicked, will allow you to input your key for I Am Alive and link the game to your account. The number 93 can be changed for any other number on this list to start the same procedure for all other Uplay titles.
    Last edited by Fredie007; 08-01-2013 at 10:52 AM.

  11. #6931
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The Capital of Scandinavia
    Posts
    1,106
    Huh. Good to know, thanks!

  12. #6932
    Lesser Hivemind Node johnki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    736
    Matrix Games has a ton of games 33% off until the 14th.

    Anyone recommend anything? I was looking at Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue, War In the Pacific and Command Ops: Battles From the Bulge.

    EDIT: Ooo...Forge of Freedom looks cool.
    Last edited by johnki; 09-01-2013 at 04:21 AM.

  13. #6933
    Lesser Hivemind Node internetonsetadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Estados Unidos
    Posts
    656
    I'm going through bargain withdrawal. I just want to look at them, I swear.

  14. #6934
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,386
    Quote Originally Posted by johnki View Post
    Matrix Games has a ton of games 33% off until the 14th.

    Anyone recommend anything? I was looking at Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue, War In the Pacific and Command Ops: Battles From the Bulge.

    EDIT: Ooo...Forge of Freedom looks cool.
    The Hannibal game is excellent but I would consider it a steep price given that you can get Shogun 2 for less and it's far more limited than a TW game. Try the demo though, it's lovely if very cerebral. I would have played Matrix games a lot when I was younger and not constrained by time and the creeping march of mortality, but they require too much for their pay off compared to the competition for me now.

  15. #6935
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    5,331
    Quote Originally Posted by johnki View Post
    Matrix Games has a ton of games 33% off until the 14th.

    Anyone recommend anything? I was looking at Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue, War In the Pacific and Command Ops: Battles From the Bulge.

    EDIT: Ooo...Forge of Freedom looks cool.
    Double check their policies. I vaguely recall them being one of the DD services that sell "extended download service".
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

  16. #6936
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    the angry dome
    Posts
    3,715
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Double check their policies. I vaguely recall them being one of the DD services that sell "extended download service".
    It's called "making a backup," and it's something you should be doing for downloads from any service anyway. Also, Matrix still sells disc versions, if you'd like them to do the work for you.

  17. #6937
    Activated Node
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by johnki View Post
    Matrix Games has a ton of games 33% off until the 14th.

    Anyone recommend anything?
    i'm told Distant Worlds and Gary Grigsby's War in the East are good games.

    much too expensive for my taste though, even at 33% off.
    esp. if i have to pay extra for the right to re-DL later on (and yes, you can indeed order a physical disk, but that costs even more - and when the disk dies, you're still left empty handed).

    some of these games are also available elsewhere, e.g. Gamersgate sells Distant Worlds too.

  18. #6938
    Activated Node
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    66
    As far as I know you don't have to pay Matrix Games to redownlaod in the future. If you register your key with them you can log into your account and download your game again.

  19. #6939
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,065
    I don't see any sign of a sale on their site, is it regional? I've been wanting to pick up one of the Close Combat games for a while.

    Edit: I see it now. What's the best version to get? I played Close Combat 2 yeaaars ago, that's all.
    Last edited by Kelron; 09-01-2013 at 10:40 PM.

  20. #6940
    Lesser Hivemind Node johnki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    736
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelron View Post
    Edit: I see it now. What's the best version to get? I played Close Combat 2 yeaaars ago, that's all.
    Not sure, myself. Panthers In the Fog is the newest, but appears to be single-player only.

    FWIW, there are also user reviews on some and critic reviews on almost all of them.

    Also, when did Max Payne 3 chop $20 off the price permanently?

    EDIT: WW2: Time of Wrath for $2.31 - http://www.gamersgate.com/DDB-WW2TOW...-time-of-wrath
    Last edited by johnki; 10-01-2013 at 03:08 AM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •