Page 351 of 586 FirstFirst ... 251301341349350351352353361401451 ... LastLast
Results 7,001 to 7,020 of 11709

Thread: PC Bargains

Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    I tried the demo, but it's too short: in less than an hour and half I was told to go buy the full version. It's simply too short to see if any of the shortcomings it was criticized for have been addressed. OTOH, and yes this is gonna sound crazy, this short trip was more interesting than the 4+ hours I spent with the Torchlight 2 demo.

Surely the best game with a metacritic score of 52 that I have had the pleasure to play.
    Sounds like my experiences with Steam and Iron. The demo was only like 5 minutes or something like that, but it was interesting enough to warrant my buying it, as opposed to any number of other overpriced wargames due to the relatively unique setting and the nature of play.

Anyways, I haven't played Krater yet, but I've heard good things from everyone I know that's played it, often citing bugs as the only thing that they didn't like. And some other minor complaint I can't recall atm. I do own it, though, so maybe I'll give it a shot soon.

For $4 (or less with the coupon), surely it's worth trying at least.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Krater is VERY different to Torchlight - it has a 'renegade' style which I really liked wheras Torchlight is a bit saccharine and a bit predictable and a bit 'utterly unoriginal'.

The game - it's maybe not a massive success BUT one area I think it does succeed in is that it's more varied and more challenging that your trad ARPG (esp Torchlight I and II) - there's a BIT more to it that "go through this area and kill EVERYTHING - there are a couple of quests to do but they'll just auto-complete as you kill EVERYTHING anyway).

I think one of the things people hated was that lack of that "single customisable avatar" - I think people like to invest in just one character and Krater seems designed to deter you from that idea.

Mind you, when I last played it the range of characters was a bit poor and there was limited reason to vary your group - which was a bit of a missed oppo.

Quote Originally Posted by johnki View Post
    For $4 (or less with the coupon), surely it's worth trying at least.
    even less than that, if you haven't traded in UFO already. Collector's edition also includes the OST - the dungeon song was very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    Mind you, when I last played it the range of characters was a bit poor and there was limited reason to vary your group - which was a bit of a missed oppo.
    Looks like a bit of variety is added through DLCs, but there's only two of them right now: one is included and the other (the more interesting one) is not - which is sort of strange: shouldn't a collector's edition include all of the DLCs? But nevermind, my main concern is the absence of a pause key, with 3 characters and my multitasking being crappy at best.

...and anyway: any game featuring the line "bats! bats everywhere!" should get a +10 boost to its metacritic score.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Quote Originally Posted by johnki View Post
    It's €10 for me.

Great Search Engine for Game bargains:
    http://isthereanydeal.com/?by=price:asc

Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    It's €10 for me.
    It was 2.49 € when he posted.

Seemingly there's a chance for Mark of the Ninja to be 75% off on Amazon in the near future. The deal may also include other MS published indies, such as Deadlight and Iron Brigade.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Not sure if this should go here, but for those of us that bought The Journey Down on Indiegamestand, there is now a steam key available in your game wallet

https://indiegamestand.com/wallet.php

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
    Not sure if this should go here, but for those of us that bought The Journey Down on Indiegamestand, there is now a steam key available in your game wallet
    The same applies to purchasers of IR's Summer Bundle. Coolio!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition now available on Steam and GamersGate for 15. Not on sale at all but I thought it was going to be sold by Beamdog only, so it's pretty interesting.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Well hopefully it'll get a decent sale, that's too high a price to be tempting.
    steam: sketch

it really is a glorified re-release of the several hd and bg2engine-mods that are out there, isn't it? and BG2 is not even included...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Even if it is, there are plenty of people out there who will pay for that kind of convenience.

Although 15 is pretty steep for 10-20 mins of fiddling.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    15 pounds?! wow, ripoff. Just an FYI, it's on the EU2 Steam store for 14€. Which seems like a much more reasonable price.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    From my understnading, it is considerably more than "10-20 minutes of fiddling" and contains a unique dungeon and NPCs of high quality. So even if you are going to pretend that "Random Modder X's NPC mod" is of comparable quality, it is still unique.

That being said, I suggest waiting until GoG gets it if you are on the fence. There is a good chance GoG will offer some compensation/special offer for people who own the originals (if only to encourage people to buy both :p)
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    20 minutes of fiddling seemed large to me. It's really not too hard to configure and very hard to do wrong, I think most users here could easily do it and not bother with the Enhanced Version. So it's a tradeoff if you want the dungeon and NPC.
    steam: sketch

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Yeah. My personal feeling is that they change too much (particularly the cutscenes), so I'll stick with the originals gussied up. I just get annoyed when people act like they didn't do anything or that everything is just a bunch of mods. It is just such a stupid attitude to have.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Yeah. My personal feeling is that they change too much (particularly the cutscenes), so I'll stick with the originals gussied up. I just get annoyed when people act like they didn't do anything or that everything is just a bunch of mods. It is just such a stupid attitude to have.
    From what I've seen of it, dungeon aside, it is essentially just the first game prettied up and not much better than anything a mod hasn't already done. So for the same price you can get both original BGs, spend 20 minutes messing around with BGTrilogy and you really get so much more.

Is that dungeon and it's NPCs worth the cost? Probably not.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    I think a lot of the appeal is tablet support. Play it on the go etc etc.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    I think a lot of the appeal is tablet support. Play it on the go etc etc.
    That's the one thing that I'd pay €15 to play it on if I had a tablet. BG on tablet just sounds like the right way to play.