Then for once, Europe wins *shakes fist at Europe*
    IIRC, Europe ALWAYS wins on Origin.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by johnki View Post
    IIRC, Europe ALWAYS wins on Origin.
    Yeah, it is actually really funny that EA seems to love Europe
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Hmm, in the case of the two games that pique my interest (Dragon Age: Origins and Game of Thrones RPG), this Origin sale looks like a case of trying to lock you in to the Origin version in the hopes that you'll want to buy the DLC at some point. If all of the DLC is really, really not worth it in either of these cases, please let me know.
    "Harry uses the One Ring to defeat Magneto and save the Rebellion!"
    With thanks to RaveTurned in comments on the main page.

Quote Originally Posted by Pertusaria View Post
    Hmm, in the case of the two games that pique my interest (Dragon Age: Origins and Game of Thrones RPG), this Origin sale looks like a case of trying to lock you in to the Origin version in the hopes that you'll want to buy the DLC at some point. If all of the DLC is really, really not worth it in either of these cases, please let me know.
    DA:O I found all the quest DLC except the one set in the deep roads to be worth it. And the deep roads one was still pretty decent, it was just... well... the deep roads. The item DLC not so much, but all of that is free these days anyway.
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Lesser Hivemind Node internetonsetadd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Pink Ninja View Post
    Disappointed at the vicious kidney punching Strike Suit Zero has gotten. Anyone here say any differently?
    SSZ is getting two kidney punchings at the moment--one for being an average-ish game, and another for release and pre-release discounts, which translates to a majority of its backers paying more for the game than the slimy general public (that's you, I think).

I paid $15, so I have no bitter feelings, but I suspect this won't be the last time Kickstarter pricing and release-sale pricing merge badly, which I tend to think is pretty damaging for the future of games funding on Kickstarter. Paying less--or at least not more--now for something you receive much later is pretty widely understood to be fair, which is why it's so prevalent in indie funding.

Anyway, I just installed, so I'll be back with some impressions.

Also, The Secret World for $10 on Origin. I don't want it now, but good, good. Soon.

Quote Originally Posted by internetonsetadd View Post
    Also, The Secret World for $10 on Origin. I don't want it now, but good, good. Soon.
    Not in the UK

Thank God, otherwise I'd have to buy it

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    It does indeed seems to be an Estados Unidos deal; €30 here in what I imagine is Origin's "Euro"-store.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

I grabbed SSZ discounted earlier in the week after watching a few of the previews on it. It looks a bit "meh", but it still looked fun. I am downloading now, I'll give an opinion after I get a chance to try it (apparently the demo for the new Metal Gear also came out, so I am right now killing time while my PS3 grabs and installs it).

Tonight's IndieGameStand deal is highly likely to be The Oil Blue.

Quote Originally Posted by johnki View Post
    Tonight's IndieGameStand deal is highly likely to be The Oil Blue.
    I liked that, the music is very good as well.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

I think this was mentioned a while back, but Amazon has the THQ Mega Pack on sale for $25 USD here: http://www.amazon.com/THQ-Mega-Pack-.../dp/B00B1GFKCA

It Includes (all steam keys):
    CoH
    CoH - Tales of Valor
    Darksiders 2
    Darksiders
    Homefront
    MX vs ATX Reflex
    Metro 2033
    Nexuiz
    Red Faction: Guerrilla
    Red Faction: Armageddon
    Saints Row 2
    Saints Row 3
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance
    Titan Quest Gold
    Warhammer 40k: DoW Gold
    Warhammer 40k: DoW 2 Gold
    Warhammer 40k: Space Marine
    Warhammer 40k: Retribution

As best I can tell this is the cheapest place to get Darksiders 2 on the internet atm; and probably worth it for anyone interested in those games as theres a good chance some of them could be disappearing soon (Titans Quest, Darksiders, and Red Faction haven't been bought aparently). That said, does anyone know when this deal is expected to end?

Ed: Theres potentially two copys of SupCom, as a comment suggests you get SupCom 1 when you register SupCom: FA on Steam.
    Last edited by Wheelz; 24-01-2013 at 01:11 AM. Reason: link

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheelz View Post
    I think this was mentioned a while back, but Amazon has the THQ Mega Pack on sale for $25 USD here: http://www.amazon.com/THQ-Mega-Pack-.../dp/B00B1GFKCA

It Includes (all steam keys):
    CoH
    CoH - Tales of Valor
    Darksiders 2
    Darksiders
    Homefront
    MX vs ATX Reflex
    Metro 2033
    Nexuiz
    Red Faction: Guerrilla
    Red Faction: Armageddon
    Saints Row 2
    Saints Row 3
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance
    Titan Quest Gold
    Warhammer 40k: DoW Gold
    Warhammer 40k: DoW 2 Gold
    Warhammer 40k: Space Marine
    Warhammer 40k: Retribution

As best I can tell this is the cheapest place to get Darksiders 2 on the internet atm; and probably worth it for anyone interested in those games as theres a good chance some of them could be disappearing soon (Titans Quest, Darksiders, and Red Faction haven't been bought aparently). That said, does anyone know when this deal is expected to end?

Ed: Theres potentially two copys of SupCom, as a comment suggests you get SupCom 1 when you register SupCom: FA on Steam.

This really is a cracking deal, i'm very tempted to snap it up with it's still available.

Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    DA:O I found all the quest DLC except the one set in the deep roads to be worth it. And the deep roads one was still pretty decent, it was just... well... the deep roads. The item DLC not so much, but all of that is free these days anyway.
    I would agree with this. DA:O has some pretty good DLC packs that are worth the price of admission. They don't hold a candle to Fallout New Vegas: Dead Money, but I don't think anything comes close to being that awesome.

Thanks for the info on Dragon Age - I won't be buying it from Origin, so. I don't own anything with them yet, and I'm not keen on getting locked in to their ecosystem.
    "Harry uses the One Ring to defeat Magneto and save the Rebellion!"
    With thanks to RaveTurned in comments on the main page.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel J View Post
    'Everything under 5' sale at UK Origin. All at 4.99 in other words. Dunno if this is a UK only deal or other countries have similar.

Noteworthy at 4.99:
    Game of Thrones RPG
    Kingdoms of Amalamadingdong: Reckoning
    Dragon Age 2
    DCS A-10C Warthog
    Two Worlds 2 'Velvet Goatee' edition (what?)

And a bunch of the usual sale suspects like Dragon Age Origins (not the Ultimate Edition), Batman AC GOTY, Burnout Paradise, both Alan Wakes, both Dead Spaces, ME1, ME2 Collectors, Crysis 2 Max edition.
    /sadface

As is usual, no sale on for Australia, half the games not available to purchase and prices 2x-3x more expensive for those that are. It's like EA doesn't want to sell games here.

Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    Thanks for the info on Dragon Age - I won't be buying it from Origin, so. I don't own anything with them yet, and I'm not keen on getting locked in to their ecosystem.
    Like every MMO, The Secret World has its own ecosystem so you can buy it from Origin without any worries if you were interested in it.

If you want to get The Secret World cheap in Europe, you can try this address: http://store.origin.com/store/ea/en_...38900/ccSet.us
    I entered a US billing address, payed via paypal and the order went through. Doesn't seem to work for everybody though.

Lesser Hivemind Node Spider Jerusalem's Avatar
    the dlc for got is entirely forgettable, and the da:o stuff is fine. it's not great but it's somewhat enjoyable.

of note, though, gamersgate and amazon usually have really good sales on da:o complete. i got da:o complete + da2 complete (the non-origin versions) for $10 recently via gg.

Bioware's made it possible to grab all the promotional DLC/content for the DA games here.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Baldurs Gate 1+2, Icewind Dale 1+2, Planescape, Temple of Elemental Evil and both Neverwinter Nights games are 7.10 from Gamestop, here.

I think you need the Gamestop app to download them, but they run without them, at least BG does.
    steam: sketch