Page 357 of 608 FirstFirst ... 257307347355356357358359367407457 ... LastLast
Results 7,121 to 7,140 of 12160

Thread: PC Bargains

Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    I woke up to Steam e-mailing me about that. Wasn't sure if dreaming. I suppose it wasn't actually possible to get it for minus one penny?
    I think that when it happened in the past the transaction couldn't go through.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanbuoy View Post
    Coupon? As in one of those Editor's choice ones? Awesome deal, anyway!
    Yes the editors choice coupon. There are also $5 coupons floating from some preorders on amazon, I assume that works on it too

All minus prices on steam fail to go through. They have a decent shopping cart it seems.

I ask this everytime they're on sale, but which of the more recent Tomb Raider Games is best, which is worst? Every now and then, I like me some modern jungle temple platforming...

Quote Originally Posted by elephant god View Post
    I ask this everytime they're on sale, but which of the more recent Tomb Raider Games is best, which is worst? Every now and then, I like me some modern jungle temple platforming...
    I can't speak from experience, but as I understand it Underworld is the best modern one, and Anniversary is also pretty good (it's a remake of the first TR game).

Seeing as there's a lot of eyes on that THQ pack at Amazon, there's word that due to THQ's current predicament, Amazon might have trouble getting more keys when they run out. I'm not sure how much truth is in there, but you know, just FTR.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Quote Originally Posted by elephant god View Post
    I've played all three, and they're all very good (I'm currently replaying Anniversary, coincidentally enough). I consider the Crystal Dynamics TR games to be vastly superior to the Core Design ones. I'd personally rank them:

1. Anniversary
    2. Underworld
    3. Legend

But you can't go wrong with any of them really. Solid platforming with a hefty dose of combat and a sprinkling of puzzles.

Be aware that Legend is much shorter than either of the other two. Underworld has the least amount of boss fights (if that's the sort of thing that annoys you) but it also has an annoying vehicle section (my personal peeve), as does Legend.

Network Hub
    I hated anniversary because I played it with a mouse and keyboard (don't do this) but really enjoyed the other two where I used a gamepad, Legend would be my favourite.

Looks like Lord of the Rings War in the North is £3 on Greenman Gaming http://savygamer.co.uk/2013/01/25/th...he-north-pc-3/ anyone have an opinion?
    Last edited by goatmonkey; 25-01-2013 at 08:01 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by goatmonkey View Post

Looks like Lord of the Rings War in the North is £3 on Greenman Gaming http://savygamer.co.uk/2013/01/25/th...he-north-pc-3/ anyone have an opinion?
    Fuck no! It's incredibly slow, brown, with very unsatisfying combat and a really shitty RPG design overall.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Remember when brown meant gritty and realistic.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Lesser Hivemind Node Spider Jerusalem's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by goatmonkey View Post
    I hated anniversary because I played it with a mouse and keyboard (don't do this) but really enjoyed the other two where I used a gamepad, Legend would be my favourite.

me and two friends bought it last time it was on sale there to play co-op. turns out there's a huge bug with playing three player co-op.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jams O'Donnell View Post
    I can't speak from experience, but as I understand it Underworld is the best modern one, and Anniversary is also pretty good (it's a remake of the first TR game).
    They're all quality games, I'd Legend feels the oldest and Underworld is the silliest, so Anniversary gets my vote. Feels very Tomb Raider-y.
    steam: sketch

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by airtekh View Post
    I've played all three, and they're all very good (I'm currently replaying Anniversary, coincidentally enough). I consider the Crystal Dynamics TR games to be vastly superior to the Core Design ones. I'd personally rank them:

1. Anniversary
    2. Underworld
    3. Legend

But you can't go wrong with any of them really. Solid platforming with a hefty dose of combat and a sprinkling of puzzles.

Be aware that Legend is much shorter than either of the other two. Underworld has the least amount of boss fights (if that's the sort of thing that annoys you) but it also has an annoying vehicle section (my personal peeve), as does Legend.
    I too played them a few months ago and they are quite good. Anniversary is too long in my opinion, it has sooo many puzzles. Still great, but they could have trimmed a third of the length without losing anything. Underworld gets my number 1, despite the camera being a bit shonky and the driving sections. Mjölnir and Shark Hunting are amazing.

Steam(shots), Imgur, Flickr, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

I see Tomb Raider is still primarily an animal cruelty simulator.
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Are Steam sales going by a different time now? They usually update 18:00 GMT, but now it's just changed to Deus Ex.
    steam: sketch

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Seems like a bug to me, unless they're doing 6 hour sales. I doubt they're doing that short a time though, people have yelled at them before over it and thats why we end up with 48 hour daily deals and 12 hour flash sales.

*EDIT*

I just noticed that Tomb Raider was meant to be for Thursday and Deus Ex for Friday. Perhaps they didn't put TR on sale on the right day? Having said that at time of writing, the TR prices are still the same.

The whole sale seemed to have started a bit too late. The tomb raider deals end 6 hours later than usual.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Origin a have a bunch of games for £5. Bad Company 2, Mass Effect One and Two, FIFA 12, Orcs Must Die 2, Men of War Assault Squad GOTY, the lovely Ancient Trader, Dragon Age 1 and 2, Bastion, Batman AA and AC GOTY and a few others. Obviously EA are evil etc but them's good prices I'd say.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Omerta - City of Gangsters on Amazon

Xbox 360 version: £27.99
    PC version: £29.99

Whaaaaaaat?

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by sonson View Post
    Origin a have a bunch of games for £5. Bad Company 2, Mass Effect One and Two, FIFA 12, Orcs Must Die 2, Men of War Assault Squad GOTY, the lovely Ancient Trader, Dragon Age 1 and 2, Bastion, Batman AA and AC GOTY and a few others. Obviously EA are evil etc but them's good prices I'd say.
    here in euroland, it's a better deal at €4,99.

...and i took the bait, and bought The Sims 2 \o/
    if only i had something to wear for the game ;)
    Last edited by cptgone; 26-01-2013 at 11:12 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    The developer of "The Trouble with Robots" is having a half-price weekend

http://www.digitalchestnut.com/trouble/buy.html

I got this via the last Little Big Bunch Bundle and I think it's excellent - it's basically Plants vs Zombies but scaled-up in speed and strategy terms.

There's a whopping-sized demo if you're on the fence but if you like card-based strategy titles (it really isn't tower defence) then you'll have a whale of a time - it even has high replay value as there's many ways to win (and some of the challenge levels are damned tricky!!)