Page 359 of 579 FirstFirst ... 259309349357358359360361369409459 ... LastLast
Results 7,161 to 7,180 of 11574

Thread: PC Bargains

Well, I just bought the Microsoft Arcade pack from Spain without changing anything... (Using my already set up U.S. shiping adress, of course.)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Credit card works.

Also, if your bank grows suspicious because of buying stuff from AMAZON, of all places, then your bank is staffed by a bunch of raving and retarded baboons.
    (Which probably is, anyway, but you know what I mean)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    Credit card works.

Also, if your bank grows suspicious because of buying stuff from AMAZON, of all places, then your bank is staffed by a bunch of raving and retarded baboons.
    (Which probably is, anyway, but you know what I mean)
    Actually, if your bank becomes suspicious that you are buying stuff from AMAZON in a different country, they are doing their jobs.

Or are we assuming that all credit card thiefs and the like only spend money at super-exotic dildo shops or something? :p
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Activated Node
    thanks for the feedback, all!

i used to have no problems buying from Amazon, but this time i had to remove my Euro shipping address from my Amazon Address Book, leaving only the US one. when i try to buy, the Billing Address is set to the same, and i can't change it to any address outside the US.
    I re-added my Euro address to the Address Book. But when i try to buy, i no longer get to pick a shipping address.

The payment went through.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    A big part of the appeal of e-buying is being able to peruse items not usually (or ever) available in your area. While my bank does get suspicious if I go on an e-shopping spree, they've never, ever chimed in for buying from UK, France, Germany, US, Canada, Japan, Hong Kong, Australia through the internet.

Buying physically from any such location is a completely different matter, of course.

Also, super-exotic dildo shops are all the rage right now.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Square Enix sale on Steam with Sleepy Dogs 75% off, a super deal if you ask me.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Actually, if your bank becomes suspicious that you are buying stuff from AMAZON in a different country, they are doing their jobs.
    Agreed. I always appreciate it when the bank gives me a call under such rare circumstances. I can spare two mins to make sure my money is alright.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Wrong thread yay
    Last edited by sonson; 28-01-2013 at 12:47 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    Square Enix sale on Steam with Sleepy Dogs 75% off, a super deal if you ask me.
    How does the fighting in this one compare to say Batman AC? I m really tempted to get this although I always end up never finishing GTA and it's clones... Anyone have any opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by kataras View Post
    How does the fighting in this one compare to say Batman AC? I m really tempted to get this although I always end up never finishing GTA and it's clones... Anyone have any opinions?
    It is essentially the same combat system (spam strikes against weaker characters, counter-attack the crap out of the rest). But whereas Batman has the ability to engage an entire room at once (by jumping around) and lots of cool gadgets, Wei is restricted to people in his immediate vicinity and a lot of grapple-drag-context-killing.

The guns in Sleeping Dogs are complete crap, and the driving is pretty obnoxious too. But it definitely gets martial arts street fighting right.

I suggest grabbing the demo and seeing if you like it. Just keep in mind that the demo is essentially the entire game in the sense that it introduces all the concepts of the game.
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    I liked the driving in Sleeping Dogs. It was arcade-y and fit the theme of the game very well. And unlike GTA4, cars don't handle like boats filled with bricks.

no-one say anything about the driving in GTAIV. Cars are boats filled with bricks, and GTAIV feels very physical. It's just fun. No, I have never driven a car..

IndieGameStand is offering Cognition: an Erica Reed Thriller. Gameplay trailer doesn't look half bad. Any first hand experiences?
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    I liked the driving in Sleeping Dogs. It was arcade-y and fit the theme of the game very well. And unlike GTA4, cars don't handle like boats filled with bricks.
    I do think it had some of the better driving of a gta-clone, but I am also a firm believer that most GTA-clones would be better WITHOUT driving.

Police chases: Fun the first few times, but you either have horrifically bad AI (making it easy) or realistic AI (making it nigh impossible)
    Point A to Point B: Just a way to pad game time
    Exploration: Fun, but usually the opposite of the mission-based gameplay

How do you propose then that you get around the cities in Sleeping Dogs, Saints Row, etc etc, without driving?

Public Transport? Your character just arrives everywhere he needs to be in cutscenes? Personal drivers?

One of the key aspects of Sleeping Dogs driving and the action mechanic is to recreate those Hong Kong movies, where the good guy is being chased on foot through a busy market, down a lane, where he jumps on a mop head, only to be pursued by the gang in cars and his only real escape is to jump off the bike, onto the roof of another car and hijack it in a cheeky manner to make his escape, all while violently but gracefully speeding through traffic.

And Sleeping Dogs does that in great style.

Also!

Exploration: Fun, but usually the opposite of the mission-based gameplay
    How dare people have fun in games!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    How do you propose then that you get around the cities in Sleeping Dogs, Saints Row, etc etc, without driving?

Public Transport? Your character just arrives everywhere he needs to be in cutscenes? Personal drivers?

One of the key aspects of Sleeping Dogs driving and the action mechanic is to recreate those Hong Kong movies, where the good guy is being chased on foot through a busy market, down a lane, where he jumps on a mop head, only to be pursued by the gang in cars and his only real escape is to jump off the bike, onto the roof of another car and hijack it in a cheeky manner to make his escape, all while violently but gracefully speeding through traffic.

And Sleeping Dogs does that in great style.
    When driving is just filler to pad out a mission (you want to avoid getting into "fun" anyway), I just don't see the point of it.

And Sleeping Dogs actually had REALLY good foot-chases, which I think captured the fun of "Awesome chase scene" perfectly.

I bought Sleeping Dogs, can't really go wrong at that price. I really want to buy Hitman Absolution but the price of this got to me! I think it's alright, but I can see it getting repetitive quickly, especially the combat (which a lot of reviews pick up on if I remember)

If you're really enjoying it by the time it's sale is just closing I'd recommend getting the two story dlcs, which are Nightmare in Northpoint and Zodiac Tournament. Both very good and well priced. The rest of the DLC isn't really worth it imo.

Saints Row 3 is vastly inferior to it's predecessor but one thing it did do right was driving and making Spacebar into the powerslide bar (How everyone actually uses it) as opposed to break. Handles better than the driving in any other GTA Clone I've played. Can do 90 degree turns at max speed.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    It is essentially the same combat system (spam strikes against weaker characters, counter-attack the crap out of the rest). But whereas Batman has the ability to engage an entire room at once (by jumping around) and lots of cool gadgets, Wei is restricted to people in his immediate vicinity and a lot of grapple-drag-context-killing.

The guns in Sleeping Dogs are complete crap, and the driving is pretty obnoxious too. But it definitely gets martial arts street fighting right.

I suggest grabbing the demo and seeing if you like it. Just keep in mind that the demo is essentially the entire game in the sense that it introduces all the concepts of the game.
    It's similar but a bit slower than Batman's airbender combos but also more brutal.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog