Page 363 of 541 FirstFirst ... 263313353361362363364365373413463 ... LastLast
Results 7,241 to 7,260 of 10815

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    GetGames are selling Guild Wars 2 for £19.99 and the Deluxe version for £25.99

Not sure if it's been much cheaper or not, but anyway the deal is here.
    steam: sketch

<thinking aloud>
    Haven't had much time today to keep an eye on the Amazon bundles, but it would seem they still are waiting for the AGoD keys? Skimming through the CAG thread I saw someone saying most bundles are being phased out <mumble> I was going to pick up the Ultimate pack mainly for CK2 with Warlock as a nice bonus, the alternative being CK2 complete, so I'm thinking about skipping it. More DLCs are gonna be released for CK2 anyway and chances are the Totally Complete Collection Summerly Wintery Pack Turbo Edition will be available at the same price or less at some point in the future.
    </thinking aloud>
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Lesser Hivemind Node internetonsetadd's Avatar
    20 Strategy First titles 60% off (separately) on GOG.

Quote Originally Posted by internetonsetadd View Post
    20 Strategy First titles 60% off (separately) on GOG.
    I might pick up Strategic Command.

Damnit. So many games I want. So little cash. :/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Everyone should own a copy of Disciples 2.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    I own at least 2 copies of it in some form or other - but I've never gotten it to play well on a modern PC

Any attempt to run it above 800x600 results in crashes and weirdness - and even at that (tiny) resolution it's crashed a few times...

I should probably shoehorn it onto my old laptop - at least it's output is VGA and so will scale on the monitor - being XP it might crash less too!?

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketch View Post
    GetGames are selling Guild Wars 2 for £19.99 and the Deluxe version for £25.99

Not sure if it's been much cheaper or not, but anyway the deal is here.
    No sign of it?

There are some great deals at store.eu.square-enix.com. The store might only have 44 games available, but every one of them is 75% off, except FFVII which is 50% off. So, every Deus Ex, every Hitman, every Tomb Raider, two Thiefs, Just Cause 1-2 and Sleeping dogs. I bought Quantum Conundrum there, and they gave me the steam key right on the page after my purchase was completed, zero hassle.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by sejm View Post
    No sign of it?
    From the newsletter thingy: "This deal is available for 48 hours and ends 4 p.m. Sunday (GMT). These keys are only for use in the UK/Europe. We have a limited quantity available too, so when they’re gone, they’re gone."

So I guess they've run out.

Quote Originally Posted by Janek View Post
    From the newsletter thingy: "This deal is available for 48 hours and ends 4 p.m. Sunday (GMT). These keys are only for use in the UK/Europe. We have a limited quantity available too, so when they’re gone, they’re gone."

So I guess they've run out.
    They'd run out out by early Friday evening. Shame too, I'd been waiting for this sort of discount. Oh well...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mashakos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    There are some great deals at store.eu.square-enix.com. The store might only have 44 games available, but every one of them is 75% off, except FFVII which is 50% off. So, every Deus Ex, every Hitman, every Tomb Raider, two Thiefs, Just Cause 1-2 and Sleeping dogs. I bought Quantum Conundrum there, and they gave me the steam key right on the page after my purchase was completed, zero hassle.
    since the square enix store sucks and the UK links in the bargain bucket article don't redirect for other regions, thought I'd post this:
    to access the offers mentioned in the latest Bargain Bucket article, copy the urls listed, and replace emea_uk with emea_europe e.g:
    store.eu.square-enix.com/emea_uk/pc-windows-download/Legacy-of-Kain-Soul-Reaver.php
    to
    store.eu.square-enix.com/emea_europe/pc-windows-download/Legacy-of-Kain-Soul-Reaver.php
    Steam profile
    PC Specs: I have a big e-peen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mashakos's Avatar
    The deal of the week was epic. I was just about to buy Deadlight this weekend for $7, got it instead with 3 awesome games for a measly $10! I feel good :]
    Steam profile
    PC Specs: I have a big e-peen

Quote Originally Posted by mashakos View Post
    The deal of the week was epic. I was just about to buy Deadlight this weekend for $7, got it instead with 3 awesome games for a measly $10! I feel good :]
    Try to play Deadlight with your eyes, not your mind. And be ready to shut off your ears.

Quote Originally Posted by mashakos View Post
    since the square enix store sucks and the UK links in the bargain bucket article don't redirect for other regions, thought I'd post this:
    to access the offers mentioned in the latest Bargain Bucket article, copy the urls listed, and replace emea_uk with emea_europe e.g:
    store.eu.square-enix.com/emea_uk/pc-windows-download/Legacy-of-Kain-Soul-Reaver.php
    to
    store.eu.square-enix.com/emea_europe/pc-windows-download/Legacy-of-Kain-Soul-Reaver.php
    I noticed that too; the search function doesn't work at all but if you go to store.eu it redirects you to the appropriate site and you can take your pick from there. Hell, with only 44 games it's unlikely you'll get lost.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    By way of an update, I installed it on my old laptop and it runs beautifully (ah the benefits of a VGA output - how do people with 'modern' PCs get by??)

Downside is that it has the most laughably shit tutorial I've ever seen - it's not even remotely a tutorial, it just says "Play this to learn" and then leaves you to it.

What the fuck does 'tutorial' mean in the language of the developers????

p.s. there's a manual, of course, but it's one of those fucking stupid 'old school' manuals which is basically just an alphabetical list of the games UI and features. People talk about the advances gaming has seen in graphics and AI etc. but the advances in presenting a game which players have some idea where the fuck to start with are far greater...

Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    By way of an update, I installed it on my old laptop and it runs beautifully (ah the benefits of a VGA output - how do people with 'modern' PCs get by??)

Downside is that it has the most laughably shit tutorial I've ever seen - it's not even remotely a tutorial, it just says "Play this to learn" and then leaves you to it.

What the fuck does 'tutorial' mean in the language of the developers????

p.s. there's a manual, of course, but it's one of those fucking stupid 'old school' manuals which is basically just an alphabetical list of the games UI and features. People talk about the advances gaming has seen in graphics and AI etc. but the advances in presenting a game which players have some idea where the fuck to start with are far greater...
    You really don't need a tutorial, this game is wonderfully easy to learn and the hidden complexities you'll pick up on during play. Any questions then just give me a shout, I've finished that game with each race at least twice. The main things to know at the start are: don't try and assault capitals (it can be done but only late game with a certain undead party build), you can carry one leader from mission to mission and if that guy ever dies then reload the game - you need that guy and all his levels/XP.

And I think Arxel Tribe are/were Russian, so tutorial probably means "Haha puny capitalist"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I'm sure it's easy to learn but 'tutorial' suggests some guidance at least.

I'm bored of 20 mins-long "use the mouse to move and zoom and keyboard and fly and shit" stuff but I like some "press the flashing button" moments - not "Open the moving party and add troops and then use the vault to equip the party" and that's it!?!?

Then it's "go talk to X" where the location and nature of X is a complete mystery and so on

It's challenging - as far as 'tutorials' go it's the worst I've ever seen - there are some first Levels which offer more help than that ;)

I loved Disciples 2, but I found it incredibly difficult. I don't think I got past the first few missions in any of the campaigns. I'd like to continue with it someday, though.

Great music, too. The outro of this Portishead song always reminds me of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwilym View Post
    I loved Disciples 2, but I found it incredibly difficult. I don't think I got past the first few missions in any of the campaigns. I'd like to continue with it someday, though.

Great music, too. The outro of this Portishead song always reminds me of it.
    It requires quite a lot of quicksaving and quickloading to be honest, at least while you learn what unit types can do so if you can actually take them. Your level 1 party attacks anything with 2 orcs, you're going to get killed. Attack a unit with something in the front and two archers in the back, your mage/support/archer is probably going to be killed unless you're lucky enough for them to miss several times.
    There are also a few missions with timelimits which can kick your ass, I'd say the Humans are hardest to play because of one mission they have. Undead are probably the easiest and are who I always recommend to play first.

Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    I'm sure it's easy to learn but 'tutorial' suggests some guidance at least.

It's challenging - as far as 'tutorials' go it's the worst I've ever seen - there are some first Levels which offer more help than that ;)
    TBH I've never played the tutorial for the game so don't really know what it's telling you to do.

The Vault is the area below the party area in cities, and you usually start with some healing/resurrection potions in your capital which can be dragged into the equipment area of any party in that city. While playing you'll come across more equipment and opening up the party screen while said party is in the field will also display the Paper Doll area, where the party leader can be outfitted with any equipment you have and they can use. Along with being able to take one leader between missions, you can also take 5 pieces of equipment which will typically be the stuff said leader uses.

Adding troops is usually done after recruiting a leader in a city, where you then recruit units on the city-side of the screen and drag them over. Troops can also be switched between two parties in a similar way. At the start of the game each of the 3 main leader types can only have 3 troop spaces in their party, but levelling up grants new abilities one of which is Leadership (which appears twice) allowing you to get the maximum 5 troop spaces (I say troop spaces as some units stretch across both front-and-back rows so count as two).

Command and Conquer: The Ultimate Collection is on Amazon for $16.99 again. Origin required. Some extra treats included.

http://www.amazon.com/Command-Conque...g=isthcom0a-20