Page 366 of 577 FirstFirst ... 266316356364365366367368376416466 ... LastLast
Results 7,301 to 7,320 of 11522

Thread: PC Bargains

The McDroid IGS deal now has some unlockable bonuses.

http://blog.indiegamestand.com/post/...-stretch-goals
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Activated Node
    Jumped on the DmC deal even though I still have way too many backlogs but will prob beat this one soon because i loved the previous games on the ps2. Thanks for the heads up, I can confirm that both the deal and the coupon code still work.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    The McDroid IGS deal now has some unlockable bonuses.

http://blog.indiegamestand.com/post/...-stretch-goals
    The 5000 sales bonus looks sweet but also a BIT unlikely - and they can't just give it to people who buy on IGS, their regular customers (on Desura etc.) should get it too surely?

I gave the demo a 2nd whirl and whilst it still takes it's time to get started (and the 3 levels don't unlock much) it's certainly charming. It's a more frantic version of Sanctum with some resource collecting to factor in. It seems some turret upgrades later may make things more interesting, but they're not in the demo

Quote Originally Posted by mikeigor88 View Post
    You can install each game separately. From the looks of it, you might have to install the base game and its expansion though
    Excellent, it was exactly as you said. And hooray, I can confirm buying the C&C collection from Amazon works; even as a New Zealander with an New Zealander credit card/address. The Anchorage shipping address worked straight away , and the Origin code redeemed perfectly. Thanks! Now I may sell my hard copies. You have lightened my load
    Last edited by Gwilym; 08-02-2013 at 06:44 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    I know, bundles in the bundle thread... Whatever, a word on the stupidly demoless Cargo Commander its available in the below bundle if you spend $3, and I think you should. Its very much from the Spelunky mindset of roguelikes. But its actually "repeatable" each level has a unique identity which will always be the same, but you can always randomly generate a new level. Or alternatively play other players levels and try and beat their scores... I'm doing a terrible job explaining the game, just watch the video.

$3+ for cargo commander, section 8, Hotel Giant 2, Roogoo and monster madness (32 bit only)
    http://groupees.com/dtg
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Lesser Hivemind Node internetonsetadd's Avatar
    20 Square titles 50% off, including (yay) Startopia, I think for the first time since it landed on GOG.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by internetonsetadd View Post
    20 Square titles 50% off, including (yay) Startopia, I think for the first time since it landed on GOG.
    Don't make the mistake of buying ANACHRONOX it is a turd of a game with far too much acclaim.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by internetonsetadd View Post
    Second time. Bought it the first time. :-P Still great, though! ^^

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Don't make the mistake of buying ANACHRONOX it is a turd of a game with far too much acclaim.
    Oh it's not that bad - it's a JRPG done with American styling (Noire - gritty - action - buddy movie) - the only problem I had with it is that it does the 'whirlywhirly' thing into every fight and it made me sick after a few hours!!

If you dislike JRPGs with random encounters (I think you could call them that) then it's NOT FOR YOU - but there's also no other game quite like it, a JRPG with no fluffy bunnies or scantily clad schoolchildren.

Perhaps that's why some people dislike it? Who knows...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I know, bundles in the bundle thread... Whatever, a word on the stupidly demoless Cargo Commander
    I think CC remains demoless because any demo would basically show-off the whole game.

That's not actually a bad thing IF YOU ENJOY IT - but it's a bad thing if you're trying to sell it.

GIven that it's been available for pennies more than twice and it's effectively 'almost free' here - it's churlish to demand a demo now I reckon.

There comes a time when you need to man up and decide if you're likely to like and it and accept that if you don't - it's perhaps not their fault :)

Re: Cargo Commander, I dislike statements like "for X $ is worth it", so I'll just stick to: best game with a metacritic score of 62 I ever played :P

Re: McDroid, maybe the bonus will be only exclusive for some time? 5k is an ambitious target and it wouldn't make a lot of sense to withhold the locked bonuses right?
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    It's worth noting that I'm a fan of nice wine and I cannot, easily, get a 'demo' of bottles which may cost me 100+ - similarly I like single malts and often venture 40+ on something I've not tried.

Given the amount of information available about games these days, I think the only reason you need a demo is to check it will run on your hardware (the PC Gamer's curse) - I'd like a demo of NFS:MW for that very reason alone.

With our rush to 'appstore' pricing tho, demos will become a thing of the past I reckon. The cost of making them and the risk of killing the possible novelty will make developers take 'full price' from the keener people and then 'cheap price' from everyone else shortly thereafter - instead.

I know, bundles in the bundle thread...
    Thanks Helio, I always forget to look in the bundles thread. Looks to be worth the price of admission.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mashakos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    It's worth noting that I'm a fan of nice wine and I cannot, easily, get a 'demo' of bottles which may cost me 100+ - similarly I like single malts and often venture 40+ on something I've not tried.

Given the amount of information available about games these days, I think the only reason you need a demo is to check it will run on your hardware (the PC Gamer's curse) - I'd like a demo of NFS:MW for that very reason alone.

With our rush to 'appstore' pricing tho, demos will become a thing of the past I reckon. The cost of making them and the risk of killing the possible novelty will make developers take 'full price' from the keener people and then 'cheap price' from everyone else shortly thereafter - instead.
    what is this, a bot copied post from 2008? Demos have been dead on PC for quite a while now!
    EDIT: not meant as a reply, just an observation that this conversation seems out of place nowadays. Like talking about the importance of shareware in 2012 :/
    Steam profile
    PC Specs: I have a big e-peen

Quote Originally Posted by mashakos View Post
    what is this, a bot copied post from 2008? Demos have been dead on PC for quite a while now!
    EDIT: not meant as a reply, just an observation that this conversation seems out of place nowadays. Like talking about the importance of shareware in 2012 :/
    XCOM, Sim City (admittedly it's a beta but we all know it's a demo), PES 2013, Omerta, CK2, Torchlight 2, and many more would like to disagree.
    Last edited by Jams O'Donnell; 08-02-2013 at 04:35 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Games which aren't taking the appstore pricing route (see above) may get demos of course - but CC was $10 or less when new and I suspect demos for games like that are not a great idea in many cases.

McDroid, for example, has a Beta AND there's a demo (even tho it's a beta). The demo is very basic tho, there's one turret, 2 upgrades and 3 levels plus some challenges I suspect may be impossible without the (locked in the demo?) upgrades.

It's basically a tutorial - it almost put me off buying the game...

Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    Games which aren't taking the appstore pricing route (see above) may get demos of course - but CC was $10 or less when new and I suspect demos for games like that are not a great idea in many cases.
    Truth to be told there are demos for plenty of budget and smaller indie games, some are even time limited in keeping with the shareware legacy. The only significant difference is today they hand out Steam keys instead of using their own registration system.

TDU2 is a fiver on steam. Any good? Is it a nice open world racer that I can play in the upcoming holidays while rewatching two seasons of Game of Thrones?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mashakos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jams O'Donnell View Post
    XCOM, Sim City (admittedly it's a beta but we all know it's a demo), PES 2013, Omerta, CK2, Torchlight 2, and many more would like to disagree.
    still, it's very rare for a AAA game to get a demo on Steam or elsewhere. Even when they do it's usually a year after the game is released. Latest examples: DMC and Ace Combat Assault Horizon.
    Steam profile
    PC Specs: I have a big e-peen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    still, it's very rare for a AAA game to get a demo on Steam or elsewhere. Even when they do it's usually a year after the game is released. Latest examples: DMC and Ace Combat Assault Horizon.
    All the Call of Duties get free weekends which are basically demos.
    I know Mass Efffect 3 (and probably 2?) had demos. As did Dragon Age 2.

Ace Combati s a AAA game in your eyes? Seriously?

Sleeping Dogs is one of those borderlines (it had AAA quality), and it has a demo

Both Batman: Arkham BLANK games had demos.

Seriously, demos are as "dead" as PC gaming.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.