Page 369 of 569 FirstFirst ... 269319359367368369370371379419469 ... LastLast
Results 7,361 to 7,380 of 11378

Thread: PC Bargains

Quote Originally Posted by sonson View Post
    No idea on UOC but just a quick word on CKII-it's not a tactical strategy game at all, it's a build your own hamlet simulator. The only strategy you need to get your head round with any level of finesse is how to make and press claims and personal goals. Those are really the only things you need to game, and get right, to give your narrative some propulsion and context. They are the reasons why your family are doing nefarious things to enemies and each other. You can game it to try and get the "right" results all throughout, and obviously if you marry off heirs to poor wives your dynasty will suffer, but the drama won't, and that's what you should be playing it for, the stories and relationships and political intrigue. If you want to play a game about beating other political powers into the ground and expanding it's a very poor game for it, you're doing it wrong, and there are some excellent ones such as Shogun out there which do that brilliantly.

Frankly speaking CKII, from the ground up, doesn't need all that strategic UI in my opinion. It works with it-it really is a brilliant game-but it is not intuitive or the best solution for it nonetheless. There is really no reason that a game about relationships and dynastic politics should have two thirds of the screen covered in a map of the known world, the majority of it being entirely irrelevant to you on most games you'll play.
    Well, the alternative would probably be a UI similar to the sims or something, and considering that I prefer a nice map of europe :)
    thanks for the advice.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mashakos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neema_t View Post
    Very late to be posting this but you can get SSV8NC Superstar V8 Next Challenge on GMG for free right now. It's made by Blackbean, those responsible for the most recent three WRC games (the third of which was actually quite good) and the SBK games, so it's probably mediocre at best but hey, it's free. If you link your GMG account to some gaming social network thing. But you can turn off emails so it doesn't really change anything if you do decide to sign up for it.

Linky link:
    http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/gb/e...ext-challenge/
    don't see any indication of an offer. How does this work? (Already logged in.)
    Steam profile
    PC Specs: I have a big e-peen

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by mashakos View Post
    don't see any indication of an offer. How does this work? (Already logged in.)
    Offer expired at 12:00 GMT, 2013-02-12 unfortunately.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mashakos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Strazz View Post
    Offer expired at 12:00 GMT, 2013-02-12 unfortunately.
    oh snap! ...
    Steam profile
    PC Specs: I have a big e-peen

Trine 2 is 75% off as a daily on Steam, which is only remarkable because this is the first time Goblin's Menace is 75% off too.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/35725
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Just finished goblin Menace last week it's a lovely expansion. Some smart puzzles too.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by neema_t View Post
    When you say make cakes; do you mean you have time to actually bake them or do you mean take pre-baked cakes out of a packet/container? There's a subtle difference.
    Baking - it really is hilariously bad. I ran the resource monitor and it hits the HDD for about 10 seconds and then both the HDD and CPU 'go quiet' for anything upto 45 seconds before the level becomes available to play.

There are loads of things which can be done whilst 'loading a level' but they all require either HDD or CPU activity and this is doing neither - something is borked in there...

Network Hub
    Green man gaming doing a 20% off voucher again

GMG20-P4DLK-FKYRS

The Alien Breed games are 80% off (€4.19 for the trilogy) on Steam. Any thoughts?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/22610/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar
    I preferred Shadowgrounds, and if you like multiplayer then Alien Swarm is free and better than either. But if you prefer single player, for that price, and if you like the genre, maybe you can hire... Alien Breed.

Er. I mean, it's not a bad deal.
    ...common and uninteresting.
    | Steam | Desura | Twitter |

Quote Originally Posted by ColOfNature View Post
    I preferred Shadowgrounds, and if you like multiplayer then Alien Swarm is free and better than either. But if you prefer single player, for that price, and if you like the genre, maybe you can hire... Alien Breed.

Er. I mean, it's not a bad deal.
    Thanks, maybe I'll look into those instead.

Make the next post count. Pre-emptive congrats on the milestone!

Obscure Node
    I will eat everyone you love for $9.99

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HUNGRY View Post
    Truly a bargain! May I know what address should I post the money to?

Quote Originally Posted by HUNGRY View Post
    What if I love you?

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanbuoy View Post
    What if I love you?
    Dun dun DUUUUN

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    I gather that Steam's Weekend deal is going to be to eat everyone you love for $8.29 so I'd hold off just now folks

Obscure Node
    im planning on going to school to be a seaman. I would like some advice on marine simulation games are there any suggestions out there? at my local arcade there is a partially stimulating game.

anyway, this is the school im attending if anyone is interested:
    Last edited by cheifmatetraining; 13-02-2013 at 03:16 PM. Reason: url

Spec Ops: The Line is currently 5 at GamersGate, in case someone doesn't have it yet.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by sonson View Post
    I gather that Steam's Weekend deal is going to be to eat everyone you love for $8.29 so I'd hold off just now folks
    Fuck that - I'm waiting for the Humble Lovedones Tummy Rumble Bundle...

Today's deal at IndieGameStand is the excellent, but unpronouncable, QRTH-PHYL. If you didn't think it was worth $3 before, you can now get it for a 25 cent minimum, you bastard. What you should do is beat the average, because you also get an unreleased prototype of the game and a "Blockade 1976 service manual and "Random Illogic and Elegant Creeps" technical design article by Lane Hauck, the creator of Blockade". If that holds your fancy.