Page 373 of 579 FirstFirst ... 273323363371372373374375383423473 ... LastLast
Results 7,441 to 7,460 of 11570

Thread: PC Bargains

Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Raaritsgozilla View Post
    Im very iffy on GmG, do you need to use their downloader to get their games?
    If they're not Steam or Origin keys, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Winged Nazgul View Post
    If they're not Steam or Origin keys, yes.
    Gah. Still, would probably be worth having an account for said Steam or Origin games?

Network Hub
    Any Steam games just send you a key to redeem, no fussing around with the Capsule client. I've been buying most games from them lately thanks to the vouchers that are almost constantly active on the website. It will tell you very clearly if Steam is required so be sure to check, but I know Borderlands 2 is Steamworks and XCOM is as well I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Raaritsgozilla View Post
    Gah. Still, would probably be worth having an account for said Steam or Origin games?
    IMO yes. I only ever buy Steam games from them.

You have all sold it well

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I don't really have too much of a problem with the capsule client from GMG, its a download manager and thats it. That said, the only games I have on it were the sales that were too good to miss

Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    There's a reason people don't post hardware deals in here but I can't quite remember what it is...

Lewie might know - he's been muttering about adding PC hardware to Savygamer but I think he may now realise what the downside of that is - maybe...
    So the reason that there's not been hardware stuff on SavyGamer so far is that I'm not really an expert, so I'm in no position to be advising others.

I'm currently in the process of auditioning for someone to cover hardware deals on SavyGamer who is an expert. Hopefully going to have the hardware section up and running in a few weeks. It'll be regular deals on components, fully specced out builds, and prebuilt desktops/components.

So... To The Moon is the Daily Deal on Steam. 2'71€. That's pretty much a must buy for anyone who still hasn't played the game.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/206440

Lesser Hivemind Node internetonsetadd's Avatar
    There are some odds and ends on sale for some "Week long deal!" thing on Steam right now, in addition to the Daily and the Linux stuff. Fallout 1 through Tactics, for example.

The Kentucky Route Zero guys have stopped selling the first episode for seven dollars - only the full pack is now available. However, if you bought the 7 dollar episode, you now have the full pack. Check your email for a full explanation if you bought the game at some point.
    "Harry uses the One Ring to defeat Magneto and save the Rebellion!"
    With thanks to RaveTurned in comments on the main page.

Quote Originally Posted by Pertusaria View Post
    The Kentucky Route Zero guys have stopped selling the first episode for seven dollars - only the full pack is now available. However, if you bought the 7 dollar episode, you now have the full pack. Check your email for a full explanation if you bought the game at some point.
    LOL I just posted about this in the KRZ thread here.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewie Procter View Post
    So the reason that there's not been hardware stuff on SavyGamer so far is that I'm not really an expert, so I'm in no position to be advising others.

I'm currently in the process of auditioning for someone to cover hardware deals on SavyGamer who is an expert. Hopefully going to have the hardware section up and running in a few weeks. It'll be regular deals on components, fully specced out builds, and prebuilt desktops/components.
    Sounds cool. I hope there'll be some kind of sorting mechanism by region. Don't want to get jealous seeing all the cheap hardware in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by eRa View Post
    Sounds cool. I hope there'll be some kind of sorting mechanism by region. Don't want to get jealous seeing all the cheap hardware in the US.
    SavyGamer is a UK site. I don't (currently!) have any plans to go out of my way to also offer a service for other regions. That's a major undertaking, and I would not want to half-arse it. Maybe some of the information I post is of use to people from other regions too, but my focus is solely on the UK market.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewie Procter View Post
    Maybe some of the information I post is of use to people from other regions too, but my focus is solely on the UK market.
    It definitely is, Lewie, thanks for doing such an excellent job.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Indie Gala Store has a deal on Kings Bounty (Steam) for 99c min. - or beat $3.99 to get Armoured Princess (also Steam) too

Sorry no link - on phone and can't be faffed trying to do that.

Seems awfully good if you've not got it or want it on Steam tho

Crossworlds isn't available/included - which is, IIRC, a souped-up version of Armoured Princess???

Just a heads up on an email GMG just sent me:
    Ah, time for me to get BL2 then! Thanks!

So... Should I get XCOM: EU or Borderlands 2? There's no money for both, but they really tempt me. :-/

P.S.: BTW, just saw Red Orchestra: Osfront 41-45 for 2.5€ at GMG. Worth it? I've heard it's great, but... I'd like some words on it, if you don't mind. ^^
    Last edited by AlexClockwork; 19-02-2013 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexClockwork View Post
    So... Should I get XCOM: EU or Borderlands 2? There's no money for both, but they really tempt me. :-/
    If you're just planning on playing solo, I'd recommend XCOM. BL2 is much more fun co-op than solo.

Got B2 from the GMG sale.

If anyone is interested in the 30% coupon for the DLCs, feel free to PM me. It's valid till February 22nd and there is a fair a chance I will use it by than.

If you're just planning on playing solo, I'd recommend XCOM. BL2 is much more fun co-op than solo.
    XCOM it is, then. I usually only play with friends split-screen, so... :-/ Thanks! ^^