Page 375 of 596 FirstFirst ... 275325365373374375376377385425475 ... LastLast
Results 7,481 to 7,500 of 11918

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    I noticed DmC: Devil May Cry still is 13 euros on Gameholds.

http://www.gameholds.com/dmc-devil-m...pc-cd-key.html

They also have other games for super cheap.
    Last edited by Ravelle; 20-02-2013 at 10:21 PM.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar
    If anyone's buying XCOM from GMG and wants the DLC too, buy the game first using code "GMG20-P4DLK-FKYRS", then when you go to the DLC there's a 30% off code shown on the page ("GMG30-BORDE-RXCOM"). It'll only be applied to one of the DLCs, but you can use the first code to get 20% off the other one. I got XCOM and both the DLCs that way for 16.41, which is only a smidgeon over half the normal asking price for the basic game.

Quote Originally Posted by ColOfNature View Post
    If anyone's buying XCOM from GMG and wants the DLC too, buy the game first using code "GMG20-P4DLK-FKYRS", then when you go to the DLC there's a 30% off code shown on the page ("GMG30-BORDE-RXCOM"). It'll only be applied to one of the DLCs, but you can use the first code to get 20% off the other one. I got XCOM and both the DLCs that way for 16.41, which is only a smidgeon over half the normal asking price for the basic game.
    Thanks! And, about the DLCs... Are both worth the money?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar
    No idea - I'm just about to start playing. But I figure for that money, why not?

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    I noticed DmC: Devil May Cry still is 13 euros on Gameholds.

http://www.gameholds.com/dmc-devil-m...pc-cd-key.html

They also have other games for super cheap.
    Any RPSers care to share their experience with Gameholds? I'm always wary of key sites and a quick google provided some VERY mixed opinions (though I expected them to be rather askew as, lets face it, most people only leave reviews to complain), but that is a very tempting price on DmC...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Creeping Death View Post
    Any RPSers care to share their experience with Gameholds? I'm always wary of key sites and a quick google provided some VERY mixed opinions (though I expected them to be rather askew as, lets face it, most people only leave reviews to complain), but that is a very tempting price on DmC...
    I've bought exactly one game off them, that being Sleeping Dogs. It worked. Had no problems. I know that's not going to be much help, but that's about all I can say of it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Creeping Death View Post
    I've purchased DmC Devil May Cry, Sonic Generations, AssCreed III and Revalations from them, got their keys and worked perfectly.

The website does indeed look suspicious because they're not really google-able and the website and e-mails have some grammer and spelling errors but they seem to have some certificates on their website and the service have been quick and without problems so far.

Also worth mentionion is that if you buy Ubisoft games, they'll send Ubisoft keys and they're not redeemable on steam, which is a shame.
    Last edited by Ravelle; 21-02-2013 at 11:48 AM.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    Also worth mentionion is that if you buy Ubisoft games, they'll send Ubisoft keys and they're not redeemable on steam, which is a shame.
    AFAIK the ONLY place you can get Steam keys for Ubi games is Steam - everywhere else has UPlay keys (e.g. you have to download and install first - or faff about with codes and command lines).

or then there's Rayman Oranges which is 'DRM Free' - which actually means 'no keys'

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    Amazon is holding a "Farewell to February" sale. There's a whole bunch of deals and using the code CAGROCKS nets you another 25 % off one game.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...rd_i=979455011

Awkward link.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanbuoy View Post
    Amazon is holding a "Farewell to February" sale. There's a whole bunch of deals and using the code CAGROCKS nets you another 25 % off one game.

Awkward link.
    Just a note, the coupon is 1 use only per customer.
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mnemnoch View Post
    Just a note, the coupon is 1 use only per customer.
    Yeah, maybe I was a bit vague on that. I used it for Sonic generations, bumping it down to $5.62.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanbuoy View Post

Awkward link.
    Some good things in there. At a glance the picks seem to be Far Cry 2: Fortune's Edition for 1.47 after coupon, DX:HR for 2.45 after coupon, and Max Payne 3 for 7.36 after coupon. There's also Trine for 61p after coupon (98p without), but given the game is a quid to start with I don't think it's wise to be so tight as to burn a single-use coupon on it.

CoD: BlOps2 is $30 with Amazon coupon, which is usually the best price you'll find on a CoD game for years after it comes out.

ETA: Steam put the game on a weekend sale ($40), but the Amazon price is better.
    Last edited by F. Lynx Pardinus; 21-02-2013 at 08:33 PM.

Also war of the roses for 3.75 dollars lol
    Last edited by SirDavies; 21-02-2013 at 08:20 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by F. Lynx Pardinus View Post
    CoD: BlOps2 is $30 with Amazon coupon, which is usually the best price you'll find on a CoD game for years after it comes out.

ETA: Steam put the game on a weekend sale ($40), but the Amazon price is better.
    Codblops2 query: can I host a multiplayer server, what about Lan(offline) ?
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SirDavies View Post
    Also war of the roses for 3.75 dollars lol
    I have a question too. Is this the King Maker edition of WoTR? Amazon says standard, but I vaguely recall Paradox saying somthing about all editions of WoTR being upgraded to king-Maker. If so, that would make this quite the deal.

Steam has the Thief collection as a flash sale at 75% off. That actually beats Amazon's sale for the three games. I'm just wondering if all three games are worth buying. I have a feeling I'd be better off simply getting Deadly Shadows. Any advice there?

Anyway, I'm getting Gateways from that Amazon sale. $3 is already too good to pass up.
    Last edited by LTK; 21-02-2013 at 10:40 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    Steam has the Thief collection as a flash sale at 75% off. That actually beats Amazon's sale for the three games. I'm just wondering if all three games are worth buying. I have a feeling I'd be better off simply getting Deadly Shadows. Any advice there?
    Overall, all three are amazing and Deadly Shadows is the weakest of the series. Keep in mind Deadly Shadows is still spectacular

That being said, I would suggest only grabbing Deadly Shadows if money is at all an issue as the first two, while great, are dated and may not have aged well (I love them, but I am used to them).
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Thanks, I might go for that. I catch myself being much more hesitant to buy older games for a price that I'd normally buy instantly if it was a recent indie game. Gateways, for example. I didn't even have to think about that one.

On that note, Gateways on Amazon is actually DRM-free. I was looking for a possible Steam key, but nope, no such thing. You download the downloader, the downloader downloads the installer, you run the installer and it's ready to go. I would imagine they wouldn't pass up an opportunity to advertise such a thing, considering they were a big player in making music available DRM-free. But there doesn't seem to be a DRM-free games section anywhere. Odd.

In any case, a DRM-free download beats Steam any day in my book, even if I have to jump through a US-billing-address-shaped hoop in order to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    I'm just wondering if all three games are worth buying. I have a feeling I'd be better off simply getting Deadly Shadows. Any advice there?
    If you're trying to figure out whether you can deal with the datedness, keep in mind that Thief 1 is contemporary to Half-Life 1 and Unreal 1, while Thief 2 is contemporary to Deux Ex 1 and Hitman 1. So if you could play those games now, you could probably deal with the corresponding Thief games now.