Page 377 of 589 FirstFirst ... 277327367375376377378379387427477 ... LastLast
Results 7,521 to 7,540 of 11768

Thread: PC Bargains

Quote Originally Posted by neema_t View Post
    I have so much contempt for the way they treat users that I wouldn't buy AC even if it turned out to be the best thing after sliced bread. nKp is the one of the few things I voted No for on Greenlight: the netcode is horrible and the rest of the sim is an unfixable mess.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by neema_t View Post
    If you have a racing wheel, NetKar Pro is 4.99 EUR until the 1st of March. Buying it will entitle you to access the Assetto Corsa tech preview. If you don't have a wheel you might want to skip it, but if you do it features some of the finest handling I've experienced (though the car selection is limited).

http://www.netkar-pro.com/main/
    I just gave that a whirl (with a pad) and the handling is rather good - it makes Raceroom feel like the wooden 'hand slapping' understeer simulator I always suspected it (and most other SimBin games) to be...

nK does fall into the 'once you're sliding you're driving on ice' model but it offers a level of feedback entirely missing from some racing 'sims' - it's sound design isn't sophisticated but it generally clued-me-in to when I was pushing too hard or right on the money.

It's certainly playable with a pad but it needs deadzone options for the axis - and the steering has to be dumbed-down a bit through non-linearity. All in all I enjoyed that, although I suspect the proof would be in the quality of the racing!?!?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    I have so much contempt for the way they treat users that I wouldn't buy AC even if it turned out to be the best thing after sliced bread. nKp is the one of the few things I voted No for on Greenlight: the netcode is horrible and the rest of the sim is an unfixable mess.
    I can't speak for the online or customer service stuff, but the offline demo shows a decent enough handling model - as I said tho, the game will be about the racing and that requires the online bits to work and the other drivers to play along...

Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    I can't speak for the online or customer service stuff, but the offline demo shows a decent enough handling model - as I said tho, the game will be about the racing and that requires the online bits to work and the other drivers to play along...
    It's born as a hardcore sim with proper physics modeling and excellent FFB - up there with the best, nothing to do with simmy-game stuff. The problem is all the rest.

As for the online part, pick up racing was a joke last time I checked: not enough players and 2/3 of them have problems keeping a measly 500 on the track and exhibit poor racing etiquette - keep in mind this is a sim where you can't place half your car inside your opponent's and get away with it - it's a bit like iRacing but with none of the weights and checks that incentivize safe behavior.

Even the organized racing scene is pretty limited and potentially even more frustrating: you've trained a whole week to enter a competition, and your car gets totalled by an overly enthuastic noobie who's gonna win the race at T1 (...not). As for the netcode, servers can't host more than 16 cars and if even one player has lag problems, that car will jump all over the place and take half the field out. It's that bad.
    Last edited by alms; 22-02-2013 at 05:47 PM.
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    You're not selling it to me - that said, I always look for some 'game' in my racing, Raceroom is wooden but it's challenges make for some fun above and beyond 'just going faster' - and there's always more arcadey fare to enjoy (I'm still redoing the simple fantastic Driver: SF, for example)

NetKars does have probably the best handling I've ever seen tho - it actually feels like it's modelling 4 tyres on 4 different surfaces, it understands things like early downshifts (and throws you off the track for doing them) - it's really quite impressive in that dept.

Other people could learn lots - starting with Project Cars and Simbin :)
    Last edited by trjp; 22-02-2013 at 05:48 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    I should probably admit that I've never played it online, I spend most of my time in every sim except for Simraceway just racing against the clock (which is why my racecraft is so poor)! I've never heard a single bad word against it, though, so I had assumed it was alright.

The problem with today's sims is the lack of AIs, which is why SP is generally reserved to training (and you will learn more if you join a training server) and messing around.

The thrill and fun of battling in a race against equally matched opponents has no equal, even if it's just a 5 lapper. I better stop now, or I'm gonna miss that and subscribe to iRacing again.

If Steam gets enough preorders for Bioshock Infinite, they will throw in a copy of X-COM. Also: free Bioshock, and free TF2 stuff.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/8870/

edit: GMG

free Bioshock and another free game you can pick from this list: Spec Ops: The Line, Sid Meier's Civilization V, BioShock 2, The Darkness II or Mafia II.

And 25% off (other) preorders with this code: GMG25-JDWJN-ATLHT http://www.greenmangaming.com/coming-soon/
    Last edited by alms; 22-02-2013 at 06:09 PM.

Obscure Node
    I've had an email from Green Man Gaming saying that I've been given two free games for pre-ordering Bioshock Infinite.

They've given me Bioshock 1, and the choice of Bioshock 2, Civ V, Darkness 2, Spec Ops The Line or Mafia 2. Pretty good as an unexpected bonus - unfortunate that I have them all anyway (!) but still a nice surpise and I can always gift them.

Deal is here : http://www.greenmangaming.com/bundle...i_654_58821_12

The price for Bioshock Infinite is good anyway at 23.99, so a good alternative to the Amazon deal above.

Edit: too slow at typing!

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyferrino View Post
    I've had an email from Green Man Gaming saying that I've been given two free games for pre-ordering Bioshock Infinite.

They've given me Bioshock 1, and the choice of Bioshock 2, Civ V, Darkness 2, Spec Ops The Line or Mafia 2. Pretty good as an unexpected bonus - unfortunate that I have them all anyway (!) but still a nice surpise and I can always gift them.
    I pre-ordered it ages ago I wonder if I am applicable for the extra games not the end of the world if I don't as I already own them but it would be nice to gift them.

Just had the email, looks like I get the extra games, very cool I think it was cheaper then too.
    Last edited by goatmonkey; 22-02-2013 at 06:41 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node internetonsetadd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by goatmonkey View Post
    I pre-ordered it ages ago I wonder if I am applicable for the extra games not the end of the world if I don't as I already own them but it would be nice to gift them.
    From the e-mail: "If you already pre-purchased BioShock Infinite from us, fear not as you will still be given this massive pre-purchase reward." Not sure what that refers to (extra games or cash back whatevers).

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Gamersgate have the free game deal too, plus they are giving 30% back in blue coins(their site currency) Which should be around 15 worth. Good for any game on their site. BUT it is at the 49.99 price point. - http://www.gamersgate.com/bioshockinfinite

GreenManGaming is 37.49 in Europe, and if you have already bought one of the free games, you can NOT get that bundle from them, even to gift the key.

So are all games in those Bioshock bundles Steam keys? I actually don't own BioShock and Specs Ops looks tempting

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    There is a get loaded go, but its abit meh..
    Option 1: Get Hitman Absolution and Sleeping Dogs for only 20
    Option 2: Pick any two of the games below for 6

Quantum Conundrum DRM: Steam
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution DRM: Steam
    Dungeon Siege III DRM: Steam
    Just Cause 2 DRM: Steam
    Order of War DRM: Steam
    Tomb Raider: Underworld DRM: Steam
    Battlestations: Pacific DRM: Non Steam
    Hitman Blood Money DRM: Steam

Option 3: Buy everything here for just 30

http://getloadedgo.com/
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Dungeon Siege 3 is fantastic but I can't really think of another game to recommend there which people don't already own (as everyone has a copy of Blood Money, DE:HR and JC2 right?)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quantum Conundrum and Tomb Raider: Underworld are also good.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    Dungeon Siege 3 is fantastic but I can't really think of another game to recommend there which people don't already own (as everyone has a copy of Blood Money, DE:HR and JC2 right?)
    Quantum Conundrum is a dandy thing too.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Activated Node
    ---
    EDIT: oops, i somehow read "Amazon sales" as "Steam sales". sorry!
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by khaz View Post
    Oh god. That list.

/brain freeze
    the more games on sale, the merrier, no?
    if the list dazzles you, why not use the wish list? add all games that interest you, and you can set Steam to notify you when they're on sale.
    Last edited by cptgone; 23-02-2013 at 10:57 AM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by sopabuena View Post
    So are all games in those Bioshock bundles Steam keys? I actually don't own BioShock and Specs Ops looks tempting
    Yes all are steam keys

http://steamalerts.com/ works for me.

Fallout collection for $6.79 that way.