Page 379 of 608 FirstFirst ... 279329369377378379380381389429479 ... LastLast
Results 7,561 to 7,580 of 12160

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Apparently there is a 50% discount for the expandalone to Fallen Enchantress owners. So if you are interested then it may be in your favour to buy Fallen Enchantress in the sale. I think it's an interesting game, quite odd, and took me a while to decide I liked it, but I have concluded that it is rather good and has a nice atmosphere. My favourite feature is that the AI will use unit designs you've created in previous games if it likes the look of them, which can certainly beef up its armies. The AI (as of a few patches ago, I haven't played for a while) is a little haphazard in my experience, sometimes it plays rather well and sometimes it plays poorly.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by NathanH View Post
    Apparently there is a 50% discount for the expandalone to Fallen Enchantress owners. So if you are interested then it may be in your favour to buy Fallen Enchantress in the sale. I think it's an interesting game, quite odd, and took me a while to decide I liked it, but I have concluded that it is rather good and has a nice atmosphere. My favourite feature is that the AI will use unit designs you've created in previous games if it likes the look of them, which can certainly beef up its armies. The AI (as of a few patches ago, I haven't played for a while) is a little haphazard in my experience, sometimes it plays rather well and sometimes it plays poorly.
    AI just got patched in another 100+ unit design to use aswell, there was a decent patch out today

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Unless Fallen Enchantress is a massive improvement on Elemental (I had heard it isn't), I think I'd be wary of giving them a third chance.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I didn't play the original, but if Fallen Enchantress is not a massive improvement on Elemental then Elemental got extremely unfair reviews.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

I didn't play the original, but if Fallen Enchantress is not a massive improvement on Elemental then Elemental got extremely unfair reviews.
    As I understand it the main reason for poor reviews was that it was absolutely riddled with game-breaking bugs. People who were able to see past the bugs thought it was okay.
    Last edited by Jams O'Donnell; 27-02-2013 at 01:26 PM.

I caved..

Bought FE(gamersgate) and the map pack(steam) and played the tutorial. Im liking what I saw so far. Too bad I have to goto work today. Ill start a game when I get home.

-------

For other splendid news, Magicka franchise bundle, on sale in gamestop for $7.49.

We all know that magicka rarely goes on sale.

Guildwars 2 $39.99 in Amazon. Use "CAGROCKS" for additional 25% off
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jams O'Donnell View Post
    As I understand it the main reason for poor reviews was that it was absolutely riddled with game-breaking bugs. People who were able to see past the bugs thought it was okay.
    History lesson time! :p

When Elemental came out, a variety of issues (confirmed: Best Buy made them launch before their 0-day patch was ready and the desire to get on a shelf at retail meant they had to launch, unpatched, a month or two ahead of schedule) resulted in an incredibly buggy game. It is arguable if it was salvageable (the first patch DID help a lot, and it does seem like a month or two would have fixed almost everything that was fixable). After a month or two, the game was mostly stable (it had a few memory leak issues, but many final patches still have those, sadly).

Unfortunately, that first month killed it. Between the Stardock fanboys defending it and basically telling people "If you have a problem with this, go fuck yourselves. You should consider getting a buggy game an honor you bastards!" and the usual internet crowd screaming how it is the worst game ever, the gaming community basically got the impression "It is a turd, screw it". That, plus the buggy review copy, basically screwed the game.

In actuality, it was a buggy, but okay, game. Nothing amazing, but it was still a Stardock 4x so it was pretty damned fun. That being said, there were some fundamental issues with it that resulted in things never quite meshing together all that well. If I had to give the final version a "buy it at this price" (assuming FE never came out. Seriously, just buy FE :p), I would put it down as a 20-30 USD game for 4x fans.

Fallen Enchantress has a new lead designery person (the guy who made that super-popular Civ 4 mod that had a title related to ice and/or fire but wasn't the Martin series) and from limited playing (people who bought Elemental got FE for free), it seems to fix most of the issues and things mesh together much better now. The core concept is still the same, but now it doesn't feel like you are playing three seperate games at once.

I'll probably give the series another proper sitdown when the expandalone comes out since people who pre-ordered Elemental (yo) get that for free, and it is a steam-key so I don't have to worry about checking if I have patched.
    Last edited by gundato; 27-02-2013 at 03:05 PM.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Sniper Elite V2: High command Edition - $12.49

http://www.getgamesgo.com/product/sn...ommand-edition

High Command Content
    -Kill Hitler DLC mission with 2 extra weapons
    -7 new multiplayer maps
    -5 new multiplayer modes
    -4 new co-op modes
    -New single player mission
    -3 new weapons
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    TrackMania≤ Canyon got released on Steam yesterday. What the product page doesn't tell you: If you purchased the game in the past, you can unlock it on Steam with the product key (format: XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXX) you received on your initial purchase. Which is a bit surprising, considering it's published by Ubisoft, but quite nice nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoJellyfish View Post
    TrackMania≤ Canyon got released on Steam yesterday. What the product page doesn't tell you: If you purchased the game in the past, you can unlock it on Steam with the product key (format: XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXX) you received on your initial purchase. Which is a bit surprising, considering it's published by Ubisoft, but quite nice nonetheless.
    Is it any good? Or is it too much like Track Mania Forever? Also a bit strange to have a Steam release this late. Or wasn't TM2 Canyon released at the end of 2011??
    Mijn Uitlaatklep - My (Dutch) blog about games, music and more

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Yes, it was. The game not being on Steam on release probably had something to do with Valve's policy regarding the distribution of third-party content (ManiaPlanet was supposed to be a distribution platform in its own right).

Canyon is very solid mechanically, but didn't have the longevity of Nations (probably due to the fact that it wasn't free). It didn't deviate much from the original formula, though, and was even considered a more limited approach than the prequel by many. It also was plagued by the exact same flaws (horrible UI, wonky server browser, basic gamepad support at best).

I still played the hell out of it in the first few months after release.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Steam weekend deals are on War of the Roses and Mark of the Ninja which is embarrasingly cheap, in particular!

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    Steam weekend deals are on War of the Roses and Mark of the Ninja which is embarrasingly cheap, in particular!
    I really wish I had known about the free weekend before picking up War of the Roses earlier in the week. What an awful game :/

Mark of the Ninja, on the other hand, is absolutely amazing and at that price should be a no-brainer for anyone interested.

Network Hub
    Anyone wants to play Kingdoms of Amalur:Reckoning after the recent post of John slobbing over it, its £4.99 at Gamersgate.
    http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-KOARU...r-reckoning-uk

Me, personally found it about as fun as paint drying.

Mark of the Ninja is a stealth(ty) platformer for what I can see?

How does it compare to Deadlight for example?

Two Worlds II is also heavily discounted over at Gamersgate. I've read the two WOT's about them, but I just got confused...

Is it any good? And to what it compares?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Murmurandus View Post

Deadlight your wee man is exactly as able as you need to be. MotN is disgustingly OVER EQUIPPED, and it's a beautiful thing. It's definitely a stealth game, slip ups or poor planning is often rewarded with death.

But it's not really puzzle stealth with 1 right answer, you can only solve things off the hip.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Is there an American buying the 4-pack of Natural Selection 2? Count me in. Paypal
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/4920/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    This isn't a deal, but the 20 % off discount as compensation for the forced refund of GG's Bethesda New Years bundle applies for those who bought the BL2 4-pack as well. It's automagically applied at checkout.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Murmurandus View Post

Mark of the Ninja had much more to it. Deadlight was pretty limited in what you do with your guy. There are cool gadgets to equip in Ninja that let you tailor the game to how you want to play. While the setting and background graphics were quite nice in Deadlight, gameplay wise it seemed like it didn't evolve much as you made your way through the game. I definitely preferred Ninja.