Page 387 of 602 FirstFirst ... 287337377385386387388389397437487 ... LastLast
Results 7,721 to 7,740 of 12040

Thread: PC Bargains

Quote Originally Posted by sonson View Post
    Is it just a Cowboy skinned FPS? Or does it have soul?
    It actually has just because of the setting. Some fun side quest stuff. Horseriding, lasso stuff whatnot...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Murmurandus View Post
    It actually has just because of the setting. Some fun side quest stuff. Horseriding, lasso stuff whatnot...
    And the duels. In fact, I stopped playing because of a bug that prevented me from killing a guy during a duel. Since that was several PC builds ago, I should see if I can finish it soon.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Awesome, well that's me sold. Yeehaw etc.

Steam has Jet Set Radio for 2 euro in a week-long deal and Rayman: Oranges for five as part of the Ubi sale. I can recommend Rayman, which has lovely graphics and a lot of exploring. It's very much about moving smoothly through the environment, which I find makes difficult sections less frustrating as it's so much fun when you get it right.
    "Harry uses the One Ring to defeat Magneto and save the Rebellion!"
    With thanks to RaveTurned in comments on the main page.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Jet Set Radio, on the other hand, is a pretty typical Sega port. Which is to say it's not very good. Then again I was never really a fan of the game in the first place so maybe I'm not qualified to comment, a 360 controller is pretty much required though.

Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Not 100% on topic, but does anyone know of a blog like Savy Gamer but for the US?
    I use the following feeds in my RSS reader:
    http://www.dealcatcher.com/search-rss/pc%20games.xml
    http://feeds.feedburner.com/cheapassgamer
    http://dealnews.com/rss/c189/
    http://feeds.feedburner.com/DigitalGameDeals

Huge sale on all Crusader Kings II http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/games?pr...r%20kings%20II

I'm entirely unsure how this works, but want to issue a word of warning to those who own CK2 on steam. Gamersgate has it's own little DLC-integration system, so if you bought CK2 from GG, you'll be fine, but I'm unsure about the steam version.

That said, I have the GG version and am kind of miffed that I don't get the Linux support of the steam version... DRMs...

Any word on the big expansions for CK2? Legacy of Rome, Sunset Invasion, Sword of Islam, Republic? Essential? Non-essential?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    The big expansions are great, they add a lot. Legacy of Rome adds factions but I don't know if they are in it if you don't have it. They allow your worthless subjects to create a faction and gather support for taking over a title, or overthrowing you. Also rentinues, it lets you build standing armies, which is great!

Islam lets you play as muslim rulers which opens a whole need side to playing.

Republic brings in trade houses and lets you play as one. They are in the game with the latest patch, but you can't play as them without the DLC

I messed up on the DLC, as it will NOT work on the steam version, so have asked for a refund.
    Last edited by Kiril; 16-03-2013 at 03:46 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    All the new mechanics introduced by CK2 expansions are also included in free patches, so you only need to buy them if you want to play as one of the unlocked rulers (i.e. Muslims, Byzantium, and Merchant Republics). I think Legacy of Rome also throws in some portraits (all the others have standalone portrait packs).

The exception is Sunset Invasion, which is an ahistorical thing allowing Aztecs to invade over the Atlantic - basically a western European version of the Mongols. This won't happen at all unless you have the expansion.
    Last edited by Janek; 16-03-2013 at 03:17 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
    I just got burnt on the DLC, as it will NOT work on the steam version, so have asked for a refund.
    You didn't get "burnt," you just failed to read the system requirements.

System Requirements

• Requires original Crusader Kings II installed to play.
    • NOTICE: You can only access the DLC within Crusader Kings II through the in-game store.
    • Only work with GamersGate version of Crusader Kings II

Fortunately, Gamersgate customer service is great, so they'll probably give you a refund (or at least store credit) anyway.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    You didn't get "burnt," you just failed to read the system requirements.

System Requirements

• Requires original Crusader Kings II installed to play.
    • NOTICE: You can only access the DLC within Crusader Kings II through the in-game store.
    • Only work with GamersGate version of Crusader Kings II

Fortunately, Gamersgate customer service is great, so they'll probably give you a refund (or at least store credit) anyway.
    I changed it, I didn't mean burnt neccesairly. Just that I bought it from the offers menu, and not the product page. I didn't know of the two versions.

I don't think the blame lies with Kiril, even though he could have avoided it. With so many different layers of DRM and Distribution services that we've gotten used to, sometimes it's at least to be expected for one game to be attached to one Distribution service. With CK2 it really is exceptionally complicated, with some versions (amazon) being sold as steamworks, and the GG version to have its own integrated store functionality. Let's not lose sight of what's reasonable and what's not, no matter to how many layers of $**t on top of our games we've come accustomed to.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinoza View Post
    Thank you, I had been waiting for that to get all the latest expansions :)

Far Cry 3 40% off. I repeat, Far Cry 3 40% off.

Obscure Node
    *on steam.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Kingdoms of Amalur is finally on sale on Steam. The price was permanently dropped to 28 Euros and it's on sale for 14. The DLC (two mini-expansions and an item pack) is also on sale. A couple of weeks ago RPS suddenly realised it's a great game.

So far this is the only place where you can find the Steam version of the game. It has full Steamworks support. Amazon will get Steam keys in the near future but the discount won't be major according to a sale rep, so you might as well buy it now.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    Kingdoms of Amalur is finally on sale on Steam. The price was permanently dropped to 28 Euros and it's on sale for 14. The DLC (two mini-expansions and an item pack) is also on sale. A couple of weeks ago RPS suddenly realised it's a great game.

So far this is the only place where you can find the Steam version of the game. It has full Steamworks support. Amazon will get Steam keys in the near future but the discount won't be major according to a sale rep, so you might as well buy it now.
    Out of curiosity, does the "full Steamworks" version not require Origin?

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    Out of curiosity, does the "full Steamworks" version not require Origin?
    It doesn't. You still need to log in with an EA account ingame, but no extra client running in the background.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    Far Cry 3 40% off. I repeat, Far Cry 3 40% off.

It's a good game, but for from being graet (or GOTY).
    these days, you can get better games for less than 30$.