Page 389 of 586 FirstFirst ... 289339379387388389390391399439489 ... LastLast
Results 7,761 to 7,780 of 11719

Thread: PC Bargains

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanbuoy View Post
    Claiming that the game is DRM free and not having it be compatible with other DRM free versions is lunacy.
    While I absolutely and wholeheartedly agree that this practice is extremely irritating and definitely not in the interest of the customer, I fail to understand why you two consider DLC compatibility issues a measure of DRM?

Edit: Or, in other words, since when is "DRM-free" the same as "universal compatibility guaranteed"?
    Last edited by TechnoJellyfish; 18-03-2013 at 11:39 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoJellyfish View Post
    While I absolutely and wholeheartedly agree that this practice is extremely irritating and definitely not in the interest of the customer, I fail to understand why you two consider DLC compatibility issues a measure of DRM?

Edit: Or, in other words, since when is "DRM-free" the same as "universal compatibility guaranteed"?
    Providing a version that only allows expanding through the same service is a means to lock customers into only buying from said service. I would say that's DRM, but go ahead and disagree if you want. Besides, whether it's DRM or not isn't my point, but rather that it's a dick move.

Do they mention anywhere that "Oh btw, this DRM free version won't work with other DRM free versions"?

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Do they mention anywhere that "Oh btw, this DRM free version won't work with other DRM free versions"?
    Well, they DO mention that it only works with the GamersGate version of the game, so what you're suggesting would be kinda obsolete, wouldn't it?

Anyway, I don't necessarily disagree with you. It's probably a matter of how strictly you define "DRM".

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Providing a version that only allows expanding through the same service is a means to lock customers into only buying from said service. I would say that's DRM, but go ahead and disagree if you want. Besides, whether it's DRM or not isn't my point, but rather that it's a dick move.

On the product page there is a warning a that this dlc will only work on the gamersgate version. As far as I know with Crusader Kings 2 there is only the gamersgate and the steamworks version. Everywhere else sells the steamworks one.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Steam is running yet another Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity -66% daily deal: €5,09.

The more recent itteration Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion is not part of said deal, and still €30.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    The Secret World is 25% off on Steam (22,5€) for a week. If you buy it until March 25 you get 10 dollars in-game credit. You can buy the new expansion with that sum. You get another 10 dollars credit for completing 30 quests.

The excellent Binary Domain is 75% off (6.25€), also on Steam. The demo and the RPS review are obsolete thanks to extensive patching, and RPS is also dead wrong about its narrative and characters. The review is about as shamefur as the New Vegas one.

Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    The Secret World is 25% off on Steam (22,5€) for a week. If you buy it until March 25 you get 10 dollars in-game credit. You can buy the new expansion with that sum. You get another 10 dollars credit for completing 30 quests.

The excellent Binary Domain is 75% off (6.25€), also on Steam. The demo and the RPS review are obsolete thanks to extensive patching, and RPS is also dead wrong about its narrative and characters. The review is about as shamefur as the New Vegas one.
    With regard to Binary Domain, I can't say I've read the RPS review, but I enjoyed what I played at Eurogamer 2 years back. If I had a fiver spare, I'd buy it, but I used my last ten pounds to buy a t-shirt. Le-sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Tritagonist View Post
    Steam is running yet another Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity -66% daily deal: €5,09.

The more recent itteration Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion is not part of said deal, and still €30.
    I guess steam change how their deals work. Before if one game is on sale, its sequel is usually on sale too.

eg: KOTOR 2 sale, KOTOR is on sale too. Ass Creed brotherhood sale, all old ass creed is on sale too.

Yeah, I like Binary Domain alot. I prefer it than all other 3rd person cover shooter that came out last year.
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

Activated Node
    One of my favorites from last year, highly recommended.

PES is 10% off in steam

now where is daftpunk to convince people to grab it?
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    It's got a demo, and I'd definitely recommend people try it. For me, the mouse and keyboard controls were too sloppy and the much-vaunted voice recognition simply didn't work, other's mileage may vary.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mnemnoch View Post
    PES is 10% off in steam

now where is daftpunk to convince people to grab it?
    The noteworthy thing is not the discount, but the fact that it's on Steam at all. That's a first for PES, and I think that's the only way to get it digitally other than buying directly from Konami's website.

Activated Node
    I want to try Binary Domain but I did think New Vegas was absolutely awful. My bad, I only played a few hours, but the first lady that you meet... I just couldn't get past how dreadful her dialog was and that her animation was even worse. Is that representative of the rest of the game?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Windward View Post
    I want to try Binary Domain but I did think New Vegas was absolutely awful. My bad, I only played a few hours, but the first lady that you meet... I just couldn't get past how dreadful her dialog was and that her animation was even worse. Is that representative of the rest of the game?
    Yes it is unfortunately at least as far as animations are concerned. I found the dialogues and options quite interesting. In any case, you should give it another go and spend some time with it. I think it's an amazing game, and this comes from someone who also gave up initially cause he couldn't stand the animations/graphics. in the end, I was glad I gave it another go.

Which is more than I can say for Skyrim. I played 4 hours and then uninstalled.

XCOM: Enemy Unknown is $16.49 on Amazon. Usual Amazon ordering procedures apply.

GOG just became the only place to buy Clive Barker's Undying digitally.

http://www.gog.com/gamecard/clive_barkers_undying

Best part is that it's only $6! :D

Activated Node
    Thanks Kataras, will give it another shout.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Windward View Post
    Thanks Kataras, will give it another shout.
    There used to be a mod thread somewhere here, maybe you can find a couple to make it a bit prettier. However nothing changes those ghastly animations... It's a trivial complaint but I also can't stand them any more. In Skyrim I used to get flashbacks of Ghouls from Fallout 3 attacking me.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by johnki View Post
    GOG just became the only place to buy Clive Barker's Undying digitally.

http://www.gog.com/gamecard/clive_barkers_undying

Best part is that it's only $6! :D
    One of the best shooters ever made.

One of the best shooters ever made.
    Any recommended mods out there for this one? The GoG forum is sadly still empty.