Page 394 of 570 FirstFirst ... 294344384392393394395396404444494 ... LastLast
Results 7,861 to 7,880 of 11399

Thread: PC Bargains

DCS: P51D Mustang - $9.99 ($30 off)

Plus others, in DCS sale:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.co...r=shop&lang=en

GMG has a huge Borderlands 2 sale + GMG20-NT7TS-SY2RT for extra 20% (only checked if code works for season pass so it might not work for base game).

Base game for 16$. DLCs for 3$. Season pass for 12$.

(BTW - Single player is much better than the first)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Code only applies to most expensive item in basket rather than the whole transaction by the looks of it. Works on the base game though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    GoGs weekend sale includes Rollercoaster Tycoon.

I loved me some Theme Park back in the day. How does Rollercoaster Tycoon hold to that? They have 1,2 and 3 on sale, what would be best?
    I'd also like to know which one to buy (if you were to pick one), or at least what the key differences are among the three. I've never played any of the series, and I know there are several people around who like them.
    "Harry uses the One Ring to defeat Magneto and save the Rebellion!"
    With thanks to RaveTurned in comments on the main page.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    I find 3 (platinum in this case) is the essential one, the others were nice and all, but being ble to get down to ground level and really look around,(the other 2 were 2d) or even watch your ride from the first person perspective of a passenger? It encourages the gentle intermingling of attractions which gives a park great character.

That you can "ride" the route of your monorail and spot where your cleaners are missing has a certain charm to it.

edit: the expansions which are included improved many of 3's failings (water and underground stuff), you can actually make really densely packed vertical parks with shops/bathrooms above ground level. a sky walk food court does wonders to control the spread of vomit.
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 22-03-2013 at 10:21 PM.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    I think people generally look at 2 as the best, just being number 1 but more. 3 isn't so well looked on but all are good.
    steam: sketch

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Which children's story labels the hero a terrorist for hire again?
    Sorry to bring this back up but...
    How many children's stories had the potential to go to a strip club and, if you picked the correct room, had a hugely homo-erotic implication as you share a hot tub with lots of buff guys?
    "..."
    "This hurts."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    If you think children's things are bereft of adult humour, you've never seen the animaniacs.

But seriously. Many children's stories tackle adult themes. A lot better than many adult's stories, even.

Thanks for the info on Rollercoaster Tycoon, folks! I eventually went with 1 and 3 - 2 doesn't seem to add much according to the GOG forums, don't know if that's right.
    "Harry uses the One Ring to defeat Magneto and save the Rebellion!"
    With thanks to RaveTurned in comments on the main page.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    I would get 2 still. It has everything 1 has and quite a lot more, especially with expansions.
    steam: sketch

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketch View Post
    I would get 2 still. It has everything 1 has and quite a lot more, especially with expansions.
    And you could actually copy the scenarios and ride layouts from 1 to 2 so having both the firsts was a no-brainer. But I'm a bit partial since I'm a big fan of Chris Sawyer ever since Transport Tycoon.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    So it sounds like 2 is the best to get and 2 and 3 are both different enough where as 1 and 2 are basically the same but 1 has less?
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    Funniest thing about the Steam Indie sale: the top seller indie game is Euro Truck Simulator 2. Good job, SCS :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pertusaria View Post
    I'd also like to know which one to buy (if you were to pick one), or at least what the key differences are among the three. I've never played any of the series, and I know there are several people around who like them.
    Last time I played it it had some trouble running on Windows 7, crashes, savegame problems and video troubles but that was a pirated version, I hope GoG managed to patch these things out.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    I can't decide between Retrovirus, Strike Suit Zero or Antichamber. Maybe that means I should just save my £9?

Noooo. Get Antichamber! It's a much better pick than anything floaty and shooty.

Also, GetGamesGo informs me that if you preorder Bioshock Infinite (€38) today, you get Bioshock, XCOM and a choice of either Mafia II, Spec Ops: The Line or Civ V for free. Hmm. That's enticing.

Couldn't agree more.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    Noooo. Get Antichamber! It's a much better pick than anything floaty and shooty.
    Oops. I watched Youtube gameplay videos of each and ended up getting Strike Suit Zero... I kind of just want something brainless that I can blow stuff up in, I've been playing a lot of point and click/adventury stuff lately so I feel like my brain needs some time off. Antichamber remains on the wishlist though, of course, so it's just a matter of time. Thanks though!

Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post

Also, GetGamesGo informs me that if you preorder Bioshock Infinite (€38) today, you get Bioshock, XCOM and a choice of either Mafia II, Spec Ops: The Line or Civ V for free. Hmm. That's enticing.

I'm so tempted by this, as I want XCom anyway, but I have a backlog of games...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    Similar deal on Green Man, but you get Bioshock (the original one), XCOM, and a third game of your choice: Spec Ops: The Line, Civilization V, BioShock 2, Mafia II or The Darkness II.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/bundles/

As for me, I'm done preording games following the SimCity thing.

I only preordered that one because I got $20 off.
    Last edited by Smashbox; 25-03-2013 at 04:23 PM.