Page 395 of 541 FirstFirst ... 295345385393394395396397405445495 ... LastLast
Results 7,881 to 7,900 of 10817

Thread: PC Bargains

They say that, but XCOM doesn't actually show up in the bundle when I put it in my cart. Probably just an oversight.

I think this is the first time in history where a day-one purchase of a highly anticipated, triple-A FPS is actually good value when taking into account the freebies, even at sale prices. Gotta love competition!

Network Hub
    XCOM is part of the Infinite key apparently, so when redeemed it either goes into your library or into your inventory. I haven't got mine yet but I saw a tweet from them or a blog post.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    So daily deal today on Steam is DiRT 3. I'm actually going to suggest against buying this, at least to some extent. The game is mechanically fine. Its presentation is great and it looks lovely, especially when play from inside. It also has split-screen and a seemingly decent MP component, although in my time I never got it to work properly. It does, however, come with GFWL, have the rather silly Gymkhana mode which is free-styling with a car (although your mileage may vary on that), short rallying events and, I think most damning, is utterly devoid of soul. I just gave up on it because...well...*shrug* You might find it worthwhile, but I ended up not caring to play it.

That said, Just Cause 2 is on sale, 79% off for a measly total of £3. It is a blinder of a game. Absolutely fantastic open-world action game where silliness is required. Go look on YouTube and on the main page here for inspiration, but it's basically Explosion: Explosion The Explosion Game. Make sure you play the main campaign till its conclusion because it goes off the charts into wonderfully amazing insanity. Buy this game.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Oops. I didn't pay attention and entered the Steam key for Bioshock 1 along with all the other keys from the pre-order bonuses. Does that mean it's gone to waste entirely?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    That said, Just Cause 2 is on sale, 79% off for a measly total of £3. It is a blinder of a game. Absolutely fantastic open-world action game where silliness is required. Go look on YouTube and on the main page here for inspiration, but it's basically Explosion: Explosion The Explosion Game. Make sure you play the main campaign till its conclusion because it goes off the charts into wonderfully amazing insanity. Buy this game.
    Absolutely agree; for this price there doesn't seem to be any good reason not to get this game. Very good fun!
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    Just Cause 2 is on sale, 79% off for a measly total of £3.
    Meh, it was cheaper on Nuuvem and regional pricing makes no sense at all: 15$ in the US and 20 € in EU2.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Wasn't it £2 then? You're certainly not going to find it too much cheaper.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    Meh, it was cheaper on Nuuvem and regional pricing makes no sense at all: 15$ in the US and 20 € in EU2.
    I guess the store frontend wasn't properly updated: It's $ 3.00 for the US and € 3.00 in EU2 now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tritagonist View Post
    Absolutely agree; for this price there doesn't seem to be any good reason not to get this game. Very good fun!
    As I wrote in my admittingly short Steam review of JC2, it's the best imaginary vacation I've ever had.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    JG, you're forgetting the Dirt 3 DLC fiasco. The career mode can't be 100% absolutely finished without the DLC because they added DLC stages to it. You can finish everything else and it'll show an incomplete score for any series with, say Monte Carlo in it. Also being that the DLC is only available via GFWL, it never ever goes on sale and is ludicrously expensive for what it is. The 'Complete Edition' is either not on Steam or just not on sale alongside the Incomplete Edition, but never before has a special edition of a game been so obnoxiously titled. Needless to say I stopped buying Codemasters games after Dirt 3.

And yes, Just Cause 2 is one of those games everyone must have. Must.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I can only add to the Dirt 3 thing by agreeing that the DLC is handled in a clumsy and nasty way - costs a fortune - is never discounted - leaves a sour taste in the mouth.

Dirt 3 is a watered-down Dirt 2 with the Gymkhana stuff added. If you enjoy that then you'll be happy but if you find it frustrating and annoying (and it is quite repetitive and MUCH harder than the rest of the game) then you'll wonder why you bought this.

Esp as one of the DLC areas is an area from Dirt 2 FFS

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Buy Dirt 1 if you want to rally. That said Dirt 3 for that price is still excellent even if you don't complete it. Dirt 2 is good but focuses on Gymkhana a bit too much.
    steam: sketch

Quote Originally Posted by Sketch View Post
    Buy Dirt 1 if you want to rally.
    And be aware that even in Dirt 1 there isn't a huge amount of rallying. What there is is great, though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jams O'Donnell View Post
    And be aware that even in Dirt 1 there isn't a huge amount of rallying. What there is is great, though.
    Also note that the first Dirt game is no longer available on Steam due to it's 'official' incompatibility with Windows 7. See the linked thread for some supposed workarounds.

Anyway, for serious rally-gameplay look no further than the almost 10 year old Richard Burns Rally.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

If you haven't got Cargo! The Quest for Gravity yet, despite all the bundles and sales, it's now at its lowest recorded price ever, 1.49$ on the GalaStore (2.49$ + 1000 Galapoints).
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

The Cave is Steam's midweek deal. Is it really as disappointing as most reviews said it was?

This week's Humble weekly sale is a mini THQ bundle, Steam-keys only this time. BTA gets you Red Faction Guerrilla and Darksiders 2 (which I just bought in the latest Steam sale, sigh).

Quote Originally Posted by Kodeen View Post
    This week's Humble weekly sale is a mini THQ bundle, Steam-keys only this time. BTA gets you Red Faction Guerrilla and Darksiders 2 (which I just bought in the latest Steam sale, sigh).
    Wait, what? THQ is gone. Where is the money going?

And it looks like RF: Guerrilla still uses GFWL. The Humble store, selling a game with GFWL. How low they have sunken.

Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    How low they have sunken.
    Kill 'em all!!!!1!

/me watches the average closely

Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    Wait, what? THQ is gone. Where is the money going?
    I think at this point THQ exists as a single accountant and secretary, and until they sell or write off the IP's they still retain then they will continue to exist. Probably all of the money is going to creditors, however.